PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bryant Gumble lashes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's very kind of you.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I've got an extra Slavic/Polish/Lithuanian "it's ok" Card that I'd be happy to present to you on behalf of my people. ;)
thank you, you're very kind.
in a random diplay of fellowship among the races, i'd like to reciprocate with one 'R' card for a black joke. what the hell, one for a 'negro' joke too.
each card carries a very important holographic "H" image. it means the card can be used anywhere. You Will Be Free of Harm. But I Must Be Present When One Or Both cards are used. otherwise there is a prohibited Crack in The Force.

ilduce06410 said:
thank you, you're very kind.
in a random diplay of fellowship among the races, i'd like to reciprocate with one 'R' card for a black joke. what the hell, one for a 'negro' joke too.
each card carries a very important holographic "H" image. it means the card can be used anywhere. You Will Be Free of Harm. But I Must Be Present When One Or Both cards are used. otherwise there is a prohibited Crack in The Force.
Damnit.... just too many rules with your card, man. Mine only comes with one. Just don't tell any "How do you confuse a polock?" jokes. (Put him in a round room and tell him to sit in the corner) Or at least no more than twice a week. We need a little more creativity here. We know we're confused, damnit we fought Hitler's Panzer Division with pitchforks and brooms.
:rocker:

Last edited:
092502jail.gif

I suppose this doesn't help me in the context of this thread.

drew4008 said:
How can you say his statements aren't racist? I don't understand how you are defending him, if so, I lost a lot of respect for you, as his statements really irritate me.

Certain people are too eager to jump on someone's comments, in order to play the 'gotcha' game. See what foot soldier on which side said something that can get people's panties in a wad. You saw it happen to Trent Lott a few years ago. The guy was trying to cheer up a centenarian for Christ's sake.

Could you say Gumble's comments are racist? Sure. Perhaps his biggest mistake was not making his commentary a bit clearer. Instead of diminishing the hard work of the Winter Olympians, he should've argued that blacks are better overall athletes than whites, hence the reason the NBA is 98% black and the NFL about 75%, and because of geography there aren't more blacks in the Winter Games.

BelichickFan said:
Summer olympics too. Black, white, whatever.
:eat2: :cool: :eat3:

I think they try to cover too much and much of the drama is lost. But to be fair, when the Olympics are in venue where there is less time difference they are a bit more popular.

How many here remember the "WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS" on Saturday afternoons? I fell in love with many of the Olympic sports, both Summer and Winter. They devoted a full show to 1 sport unless it was track and field in a stadium (which is easy to cover anyways). It was fun to watch ski jumping, slalom, high jumping - pole vaulting and long jumping and all the races 800m and shorter were pretty cool.

Bella*chick said:

I am tossing my Italian/French-Canadian/Armenian card into the ring......:D

This whole thing is getting ridiculous! I don't listen to music by Snoop dog, does that make me a racist? But, I do listen to music by Toby Keith, so am I a white supremist?? Who we think the greatest athletes are is as subjective as the types of music we listen to.

Is it fair to say GumBall never had any appreciation of:

EDDIE "THE EAGLE" EDWARDS?

eddie.jpg

In his story elsewhere heareabouts, Bob George looks at Shani Davis ... calls him "petulant" and "recalcitrant".

But, during the playing of the Star-Spangled Banner at the gold medal ceremony ... i'd avow that i saw his right eye tearing up.
NBC got a conventional interview out of him. Did they pander by sending out an Afro-American reporter just for that task? Anyway, Davis has begun rehabbing his image. He still has a big race coming up ... to concentrate on.

Division makes us smaller

as an african american poster, i possess an "it's ok" card that enables me to make such a potentially offensive statement.
said card includes no entitlements for cowboy culture, surfer culture, vermont daiiry farmer culture, tradidional mormon colture, or native american culture.
said card also offers no permission to make poilsh jokes, italian jokes, asian jokes, mexican jokes, white hillbilly jokes, maine farmer jokes, 'jew' jokes, slavic jokes, etc.
IMO orwell's vision has been exceeded. and it is NOT funny.

If you're saying that divisiveness sucks, I'm with you. The devil delights in the "divide and conquer" strategy, and he must be defeated.

"Let's all go out together as a team! As a TEAM!!"

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back