PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Browns expected to cut ties with Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is an immediate #3 (and more probably #2) receiver only worth a vet minimum?

Because he's not that player here except by default. He was a #4 here to a street FA by the time he left here, mg. There was a reason he wasn't retained, and it wasn't just the contract. He wasn't a good fit because of his skillset and his limitations within this offense. He is also likely in the pee in a cup forever and your next mistake is your last club going forward. I'm sure he never intends to screw up going forward, but his margin for error is smaller than ever. And 2011 is projecting as a lockout year so no bonus or investment in a guy like this. He will be lucky to get a deal period.

Okay...but still if this is the kind of case that would have been thrown out if he hadn't been drinking then why no try to prove that in civil court?

I'm kind of play devil's advocate since I think they should have thrown the book at him.

Because he needed to show remorse to the commissioner and the league and the damage you suffer even attempting to fight something like this, not to mention the money the lawyers bleed out of you in the process, makes settlement a no brainer.

You see the attitude here, particularly among some of the male and particularly young male posters. There is a reason drunk driving has never been punished as it should be. Judges and juries are in the same boat. There but for the grace of god...and I'm not a bad person...neither is my brother or uncle or best friend...ergo they get off light more often than not. In Florida there is the matter of victim culpability in these cases to boot. And in this case the victim made a series of poor choices himself that under crimimal statute in Florida mitigates guilt regardless.

No, only lawyers judges and certain law enforcement have seen this video but the contents have been spelled out by lawyers who were granted rights to view it while they were fighting in a separate court to get it unsealed to help clear stallworths name.

Stallworth ended up losing in court as the judge sided with the victims family that the video should remain sealed indefinitely due to "privacy" concerns and that the families privacy was more important then releasing the video to the public. Those are the judges exact words. You can go google and find descriptions of the video by those who watched it during and in preparation for his trial. While you at it go look up the transcript of the criminal court case that's online as well where you can see the judges exact words as he gives his verdict and spells out his decision on why the type of punishment is being given and why he is being lenient in his ruling.

Why is an immediate #3 (and more probably #2) receiver only worth a vet minimum?

Because that's all he's generally worth at the moment; that plus maybe some incentives, too.

This speaks more to the inexcusably awful standing of our WR group than to Stallworth's standing as a legit #3 NFL WR.

People I've killed while driving home after having 4 beers - 0
People Dante Stallworth has killed while driving home after having 4 beers - 1

I rest my case...

What case is that? That bad luck can happen to anybody? Remember this if you ever have a few at dinner and some dude runs out in front of your car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe