PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Aldon Smith arrested for third DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strike 3.

tumblr_n6jfuoFPqZ1r1lmyro1_500.gif

Could be time for Aldon to receive the Justin Blackmon treatment

I wonder if Josh Gordon and Smith are buddies?

Ray rice was an old(by RB standards)washed up past his prime rb. Aldon smith is an elite pass rusher under 30 years old. He's going to get tons of offers when he is allowed to play

I wish him the very best of luck in dealing with his addiction. He's obviously going to need help with hit, so I hope his family/friends stand by him at this time of need.

I wonder if Josh Gordon and Smith are buddies?

Josh gordon smoked a little weed, Find me a police report where josh gordon crashed a vehicle multiple times and we can talk about it.

Those two, while both receiving penalties for drugs and alcohol, are on two completely different levels. Josh Gordon has never potentially killed someone as far as i know.

I'm not expecting the 49ers to do much, considering they let Ray McDonald start 14 games last season (until he got into more trouble.) I don't know what the league will do. It hurts Smith's case that he doesn't play for the Jets.

Josh gordon smoked a little weed, Find me a police report where josh gordon crashed a vehicle multiple times and we can talk about it.

Those two, while both receiving penalties for drugs and alcohol, are on two completely different levels. Josh Gordon has never potentially killed someone as far as i know.

Um, yeah, no kidding.

I meant that to apply more on the "I'm an elite athlete who could be worth millions of dollars if only I a.) stopped smoking weed around drug test time/found a better masking agent or b.) called a cab or Uber" level.

This goes well beyond football. While I wish him the best as he deals with his demons. I still have to shake my head that he keeps doing stupid s**t.

This goes well beyond football. While I wish him the best as he deals with his demons. I still have to shake my head that he keeps doing stupid s**t.
Alcoholism is no joke. Clearly Smith needs major help.

Being around football is the last thing he needs.

Gordon DID get a DWI (50 in a 35 which doesn't imply much). If it's for weed, I agree with you, but none of the articles I found about the arrest specify what the "influence" was. He wasn't allowed to drink alcohol as a result of the arrest, though, so that could mean something.

I'm surprised he even has a license after his second one...how did he swing that?

Ever hear of Uber?
It's California, they give licenses out to illegal immigrants like its candy, of course they will let the star player of the 49'ers retain a license.

More importantly: many teams (though possibly not the 49ers) have a service that will pick players up, no questions asked, and take them home, precisely to prevent such a scenario.

There is no excuse for a drunk NFL player to get arrested for DWI. Literally none whatsoever. I have no f—ks to give for whatever "explanation" Smith might want to offer here.

It's an NFL program, not a team program. And all rookies are educated about it when they join the league.

Alcoholism is no joke. Clearly Smith needs major help.

Being around football is the last thing he needs.
Apparently Smith doesn't realize he needs help, as he made a statement on his way out of jail saying "Justice will be served this was not a DUI".

Apparently Smith doesn't realize he needs help, as he made a statement on his way out of jail saying "Justice will be served this was not a DUI".
Yep. I just hope he didn't make any bomb threats.:)

More importantly: many teams (though possibly not the 49ers) have a service that will pick players up, no questions asked, and take them home, precisely to prevent such a scenario.

There is no excuse for a drunk NFL player to get arrested for DWI. Literally none whatsoever. I have no f—ks to give for whatever "explanation" Smith might want to offer here.
Or if you play for Pittsburgh, the cops will probably just drive you home charge free after you get pulled over drunk.

It's an NFL program, not a team program. And all rookies are educated about it when they join the league.

As I learned today, it was an NFL program, and then the NFLPA took it over in 2009 out of fear that the program would be used to "rat out" players. Then, because it wasn't well advertised, they dropped it altogether in 2012. Teams stepped up to fill the void.

I'm just glad nobody died. Dude needs help asap.

Need a pass rusher? He has now been cut by the Niners

I'd give him a chance in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents