PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Aaron Rodgers MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time caring about this.

People don't agree with you. You are not the final authority on a fansite. Get over it.

Read the posts instead of just being an asshat. The post I responded to was asking about something impossible. You can't evaluate the postseason performance as part of your vote if you've already handed in your vote before the start of the postseason. I was just pointing that out.

Edit: never mind. Just another one for the ignore feature.

IMHO, there should be a seperate MVP award for the top regular season QB. Call it the Otto Graham award and give the non-QB to another deserving player, be it a RB, WR, TE defensive player. In such a QB driven league I think some recognition outside of that would be a positive.

Rodgers was the best QB this year. Hands down. No debate from me.

Read the posts instead of just being an asshat. The post I responded to was asking about something impossible. You can't evaluate the postseason performance as part of your vote if you've already handed in your vote before the start of the postseason. I was just pointing that out.

Edit: never mind. Just another one for the ignore feature.
When your responses are nothing short of weak attempts to belittle fellow posters, you should be called out.

I called this in preseason. Yeah, I'm patting myself on the back. What's it to ya? LOL

That pretty much solidifies that no player that isn't a QB will ever get the MVP again.
Well look at how important the QB position is. Watt is the best defensive player in the league. He's absolutely incredible, and his team still didn't make the playoffs. Look at Green Bay when Rodgers was injured in the 2013 season. They almost missed the playoffs because they couldn't win without Rodgers. That's why you also have the offensive and defensive player of the year, because a very good QB will almost automatically be MVP, but might not have been the best offensive player of the year.

It's too bad the Texans didn't make the playoffs. It would have been great reading all the excuses for picking Rodgers if that had happened.

Maybe if the Texans had made the playoffs Watt would have gotten more votes and won.

IMHO, there should be a seperate MVP award for the top regular season QB. Call it the Otto Graham award and give the non-QB to another deserving player, be it a RB, WR, TE defensive player. In such a QB driven league I think some recognition outside of that would be a positive.

Rodgers was the best QB this year. Hands down. No debate from me.
Yeah, I tend to agree. There were so many non-QB's that shined bright this season. I'm not trying to take anything away from Rodgers at all, as he deserved to be recognized. Heck, I picked him to win it even before the season started. But when I think about making the pick, I only considered QB's because, subconsciously, that's what I knew would happen anyway. But alas, that's just the way it is (like so many other unfair/sh*tty things in life).

Rodgers: 2014 MVP
Brady: Super Bowl MVP

I'm ok with that.

Can't see it mentioned - Tony Dungy was apparently the guy that voted for Bobby Wagner.

Just......wow.

MVP is mostly a popularity contest. Get Brady, Rodgers and PManning aside and ask them this: Would you guys be willing to trade in any/all of your MVPs for the jewelry? The answer would tell you how important that award is.

Can't see it mentioned - Tony Dungy was apparently the guy that voted for Bobby Wagner.

Just......wow.
Serious??? That guy is an idiot.

Rodgers: Season MVP
Brady: SB MVP

As I said before, I am per-fect-ly fine with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft