PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Only three 1-loss teams left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we got the loss out of the way and we got the running up the score out of the way ... now there is clear sailing to the Super Bowl.

Speaking of running up the score, how come the Steelers aren't getting crap for what they did to the Browns late in the game? They could have just as easily kicked the field goal and went up two scores on an inept Browns team. Instead, they let Roethlisberger air it out for a TD and a 28-10 victory. I have to wonder why the media isn't raking them through the coals for that.

As for the Jets game, that was clearly pass interference on Hill. How anybody could try to make a case for him is beyond me. He was practically hanging on to Holmes' jersey and then grabbed his facemask. If he hadn't have done that, he probably still could have made a play on the ball considering the fact that noodle arm Sanchez woefully underthrew it. But it is what it is.

When was the last time BB figured out the Steelers defense in the regular season?

2007 :D

I really can't picture us losing to the Steelers in the playoffs, I don't know why, the 2004 beating is still in full memory.

When was the last time BB figured out the Steelers defense in the regular season?

2007 :D

I really can't picture us losing to the Steelers in the playoffs, I don't know why, the 2004 beating is still in full memory.

In the Brady era, they've only beaten us twice. One of those times was with Matt Cassel at quarterback. Nobody has owned the Steelers defense like Brady has.

The Jets win INFURIATED me! They STOLE a win. Stole it on an under-thrown desperation pass.

Now I'm getting sick to my stomach listening to WFAN NYC Sports radio. They're so frigging stoked and giddy this morning.

I freaking hate to say it, but after watching that crime yesterday, everyone's gotta be thinking The Jets are the team of destiny this year.

One effing miracle play and we're sitting in second place. Pats deserve 1st place all alone after yesterday. Now NObody is even paying any attention to the game in Foxboro yesterday.

All because of one PATHETIC Sanchez pass.

Makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!

(and I don't wanna hear "It's a long season, brah." or "Fine. I like flying under the radar." We got screwed. Problem is...

That Jet win stays in the left hand column ALL year. We better not be tied or a game back come January, 'cause that Denver bullsh*t better not count later when it matters. d%#*!@t!!!!)

Ticked me off too, but I'm sure I could go back to 01, 03 and 04 and find a couple of games we "shouldn't" have won that ended up in the left hand column. It was the kind of win that good teams need to end up with a "very good" record. Don't begrudge it. Chill. Maybe next time will be our turn.

Jets will lose 4 more games this year.....11-5 if they stay healthy

Pats,Steelers, Houston and pick another.

It would be nice if the refs would pay attention to PI and holding when the Jets are on defense as well as when they are on offense.

I hope you're kidding. Did you watch the game? Or just speaking from ignorance? I'll say the later, because if you watched the game you'd know the the refs were in the Broncos pockets all day, calling phantom PIs against the Jets D all day long. So they finally get one right (unless you believe that it's ok to grab a WRs facemask and turn it as the ball arrives) and dolt fans like you have to post idiotic statements about the refs calling penalties on the Jets. Watch the games...then post...it works out better that way.

the problem with it is not hte penalty it self but that is like a 40+ yard penalty and that is just terrible.

and yes I still hate the penalty when the Pats get the advantage of it. It's jsut too much of a game changer and to easily called

the problem with it is not hte penalty it self but that is like a 40+ yard penalty and that is just terrible.

and yes I still hate the penalty when the Pats get the advantage of it. It's jsut too much of a game changer and to easily called

I agree. I think college has it right. PI should be a 15-yard penalty, period. Takes away that kind of stuff.

Steelers don't worry at me at all. Brady and BB can figure out that defense.

I don't know men. Their linebacker corps is insane, Farrior is their weakest starting LB! And they do have the best defender in the league back there...

Last edited:
It would be nice if the refs would pay attention to PI and holding when the Jets are on defense as well as when they are on offense.

This SOOOO true. The Jets have been getting away with murder.

I have this uneasy feeling that most NFL games are rigged for gambling interests. Once the Jets start to be favored by big spreads / odds the refs will make some call against them.

2 weeks in a row the Jets got a break. I don't know what pisses me off more, yesterday's intereference on Holmes, or Farve overthrowing Harvin on a screen pass that probably seals the game for Minny.

The sad thing is the Jets really don't have that tough of schedule the rest of the way. Outside of the game vs us and the Steelers. I see them winning the rest of their games.

Sun, Oct 31 Green Bay
Sun, Nov 7 @ Detroit
Sun, Nov 14 @ Cleveland
Sun, Nov 21 Houston
Thu Nov 25 Cincinnati
Mon, Dec 6 @ New England
Sun, Dec 12 Miami
Sun, Dec 19 @ Pittsburgh
Sun, Dec 26 @ Chicago
Sun Jan 2 Buffalo

Really? They could very well lose against GB, Houston, Cincy, Us, Miami, Pitt, and they could drop one of the easy games. I see them losing 4 more games.

Really? They could very well lose against GB, Houston, Cincy, Us, Miami, Pitt, and they could drop one of the easy games. I see them losing 4 more games.

Right, this is the Jets we're talking about here. I'd be surprised if they don't go through a bad stretch at some point. It may have already started. Sanchez had a QB rating over 100 weeks 2-4 followed by 2 weeks in a row right around 60.

They'll lose their share.:D

I hope your right, but I don't see it. Green Bay is banged up. Houston is not a good road team. Jets seem to have Cincy's number. Maybe Miami could pull one out. Plus who is to say they won't beat us or Pitt on the road. They always seem to play us tough in Foxborro.

I have this feeling (which I had before the season started) that the Jets will win the division, but lose to us at home in the playoffs. I actually would love that more than beating them at home.

The sad thing is the Jets really don't have that tough of schedule the rest of the way. Outside of the game vs us and the Steelers. I see them winning the rest of their games.
Come on, you can't play the 'they have an easy schedule, we have a hard schedule' card when comparing two teams in the same division. Jets and Pats have identical schedules with the exception of two games: Jets at Denver as opposed to Pats at San Diego, and Jets vs Houston as opposed to Pats vs Colts.

If you feel the Jets will win the rest of their games and you don't see the Pats winning the rest of their games (which must be the case, since they meet in December), then you must feel the Jets are better than the Pats - and the schedule would have nothing at all to do with that opinion.

This SOOOO true. The Jets have been getting away with murder.

I have this uneasy feeling that most NFL games are rigged for gambling interests. Once the Jets start to be favored by big spreads / odds the refs will make some call against them.

And Randy Moss didnt push off on all his deep routes. He would push the defenders hip to get seperation. Smart play if you can get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back