PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Only Brady is Canton bound from all Patriots SB teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
some people get it done others do not. im sure it makes him sleep better thinking the way he does

I'm not familiar enough with a lot of the Pat players career stats and what it takes at each position to get in to say who has a shot at getting in, but I just wanted to say playing on championship teams does count for a lot.

Troy Aikmen, Terry Bradshaw, a lot of the Steelers from the 70's teams, would not have gotten in without the team accomplishments. So maybe some of the borderline Pats players will get the same kind of consideration when they become eligible.

Thank you that's all I'm saying and from a Colts fan who would have thunk it ;)

I'm not familiar enough with a lot of the Pat players career stats and what it takes at each position to get in to say who has a shot at getting in, but I just wanted to say playing on championship teams does count for a lot.

Troy Aikmen, Terry Bradshaw, a lot of the Steelers from the 70's teams, would not have gotten in without the team accomplishments. So maybe some of the borderline Pats players will get the same kind of consideration when they become eligible.

I think the QB's are in a separate category. They are the leaders, on and (usually) off the field. They are the ones on whose shoulders it falls when the game is on the line. Aikman and Bradshaw, whatever their stats, deserve to be there by virtue of winning seven rings between them.

As for the other "borderline HOF" position players, yes, I think that "politics" plays a role in their selection. Franchises that get it done consistently, that drive the story lines (and revenues!) of the media who vote on the selections, give an edge to their players against players from other teams. They're more likely to win the "close calls." I don't think that's "good" or "bad." To quote BB, "It is what it is." The Pats are gradually becoming one of those Franchises. I have no problem with it.

I'm not saying he's a first ballot HOFer but if u factor all the postseason big plays, being a key member of 5 Super Bowl Teams (so far), only player with 4 straight interceptions for TDs, key member of only 16-0 team, key member of only 2 teams to win 20 straight games, and the whole coming back from the stroke in the same season (u know that will be a contributing factor the Hall loves stories like that) but that's only if they win another Super Bowl.

For an example Charles Haley ( I know he's not in yet but he will probably get in) the only reason he's even considered is because he was a contributing member of 5 Super Bowl teams.

I think your point is very well taken. I don't know whether Teddy will get in or whether he deserves to get in.

But, the reality is that Franchises that win consistently give their players an edge in the voting when it comes to close calls. The Steelers and Cowboys, as two examples, have had the benefit of this advantage for decades. Let's face it, members of the media make these decisions; the perennially competitive franchises drive their story lines and their revenues. That means their players have an advantage when it comes to the HOF votes. That's neither "right" nor "wrong." "It is what it is."

Now that the Krafts are building a Franchise that competes year after year with excellence on the field and on the sidelines, the Pats will gradually get the same benefit. I have no problem with that.

Belichick may not be a first time ballot HOFer like most people here think.

If you have voters with the frame of mind like Spector and all the haters who say spygate played a large role in those SB wins (which we all know is BS)then there could be delays.

Still he will get in, but as a first time ballot remains to be seen.

If you have voters with the frame of mind like Spector and all the haters who say spygate played a large role in those SB wins (which we all know is BS)then there could be delays.

Yes, politics are a part of the process. If he were up for consideration this year, he would need 80% of 44 votes to get in, or 36 votes. There's no way that he will be kept out of the Hall (every HC with three rings is a member, as are those with less or none), but he might get dinged in the first year by those who want to "make a statement," as revolting as I find that.

So, we have to ask ourselves if there are nine members of the voting media who might decide that they wanted to keep BB out on the first ballot? I've attached a link to the official list of the current voters below.

There are certainly enough Selectors from organizations (ESPN) that don't like the Pats and from markets [Pittsburgh, Miami, Indy, New York (which has two votes), Buffalo, San Diego; maybe Philly and Saint Louis] where the voter would do no harm to his "reputation" among the local fans by voting against Belichick. I hasten to add that I'm not saying that those folks would automatically vote against him for that reason, but it's not an unreasonable concern.

Selection Process

Last edited:
Jim Kelly still cannot BILL-ieve that he has blown 4 CHANCES to win a freaking super bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!! The kicker cant win the game by himself, it was up to brady to set him up for those kicks. Keep in mind that ONE TEAM beats A GROUP OF SKILLED INDIVIDUALS. Jim Kelly is NO CLASS ACT. The Pats have no skilled individuals (Brady is skilled and Belichick) but work as a TEAM. And that is all that matters.

The writers are smart enough to know that Bill was not the only Coach doing this, he was just the scapegoat.

The HOF voters are not jealous haters like Colts fans, or Steelers Fans or mindless Jets fans.

He's a first ballot HOF'er.

The Patriots will be inducted to the HOF as a TEAM!!!!

I predict Brady will refuse to go, unless everyone else gets in with him.....

you heard it here first.

-Holy Diver

I'm assuming Moss doesn't count?

It does say SB teams but not SB winners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye