PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Only $500k more and Welker would get 1st round tender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the problem. Your kffl link says:

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the New England Patriots have signed restricted free agent WR Wes Welker (Dolphins) to an offer sheet. The Miami Dolphins have seven days to either match or pass the offer sheet. If the Dolphins do not match the offer, they will receive the Patriots' second-round draft pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.

while Pasquarelli's ESPN.COM article says:

A team source told ESPN.com on Saturday that the Patriots plan to sign Miami wide receiver Wes Welker, a three-year veteran and an explosive all-around performer, to a restricted free agent offer sheet in an attempt to pirate him away from the Dolphins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2786731

I didn't write 'em, I just read 'em. In any case I have a feeling the offer sheet will be signed today.

I've seen in a couple of other threads people talking about the specifics of Welker's contract (6 yrs, 18 mil, poison pill 20 mil). Is there a link to any of this?

I've seen in a couple of other threads people talking about the specifics of Welker's contract (6 yrs, 18 mil, poison pill 20 mil). Is there a link to any of this?

No link, just speculation at this point. Number arent out yet but I bet when they do it will be very close to that.

No. There's a serious reading comprehension problem on the internet.

I posted that as a hypothetical example of how a poison pill contract works in response to a question, "what is a poison pill". It was clearly labeled as speculative and hypothetical. But, people started running with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft