PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One overlooked person who deserves blame

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDaniels, Patricia, Belichick, and pretty much everyone on the team (including Brady but not including Gronk) deserve blame as well. I have no clue what the defensive game plan was but I have to wonder what sort of drugs Patricia and Belichick were on when they drew it up. They literally did absolutely nothing to take advantage of the strength of their personnel.

You think they should switch back to the 4-3?

Thank you for making my point about bad drafting.

How could the Pats not know that Hernandez was a gang member and had also shot a person in college. Jimmy Graham was on the draft board when the Pats picked Ryan Mallet the folowing season, but the Pats already had the "Gangstsa"

Only if Mallett somehow went back in time.

Graham was drafted in 2010.

Not all, by any means, but, in my opinion, a lot of the blame not just for today's loss but for last season as well.

062613-600-aaron-hernandez.jpg

At this point, I blame Hernandez for the dead cap money, but that's about it. It's been well over a year now. The Pats have had plenty of time to move on, and they have moved on, both in personnel and offensive philosophy.

McDaniels, Patricia, Belichick, and pretty much everyone on the team (including Brady but not including Gronk) deserve blame as well. I have no clue what the defensive game plan was but I have to wonder what sort of drugs Patricia and Belichick were on when they drew it up. They literally did absolutely nothing to take advantage of the strength of their personnel.

Agreed, they just don't have 4-3 personnel. I think part of the problem is that Hightower is probably better as a 3-4 LB, but oh well. With Wilfork playing like he did yesterday, I think it's now evident that Hightower is the only player in the front 7 who's better suited to a 3-4 than a 4-3, and the Pats really need to adjust what they're doing accordingly.

We know for a fact that the coaches are better than this, and they've shown over and over again that scheme takes a back seat to playing to the strengths of the guys that you have. If they keep playing the kind of defense that we saw yesterday, then I'll be surprised and concerned. I fully expect them to go back to a 4-3 next week.

Thank you for making my point about bad drafting.

How could the Pats not know that Hernandez was a gang member and had also shot a person in college. Jimmy Graham was on the draft board when the Pats picked Ryan Mallet the folowing season, but the Pats already had the "Gangstsa"

Dislike for being both factually incorrect and also ridiculous.

You think they should switch back to the 4-3?

I think their LB's are more suited for the 34 but they don't have the personnel on the DL to play it. And that's not even taking into account whether or not a guy like Vellano has to two gap.

Agreed, they just don't have 4-3 personnel. I think part of the problem is that Hightower is probably better as a 3-4 LB, but oh well. With Wilfork playing like he did yesterday, I think it's now evident that Hightower is the only player in the front 7 who's better suited to a 3-4 than a 4-3, and the Pats really need to adjust what they're doing accordingly.

I think Mayo is suited for both. Ultimately, they need to go 4-3 again and move Hightower down to the DL. He is a massive, massive liability in coverage.

We know for a fact that the coaches are better than this, and they've shown over and over again that scheme takes a back seat to playing to the strengths of the guys that you have. If they keep playing the kind of defense that we saw yesterday, then I'll be surprised and concerned. I fully expect them to go back to a 4-3 next week.

I don't even think it's only the alignment. They didn't take advantage of strengths in the secondary either. Off man/zone instead of press when you're two corners work better when they can get their hands on the WR was just baffling. They were also playing a lot of Cover-2 when they really could have went Cover-1 with McCourty playing center field. Besides, who on the other side of Wallace needed to be accounted for? Hartline? Come on now. I really don't think they could have went with a worse game plan if they tried. I guess the bright side is that they saw before the end of the game that Revis is one of the best press corners of all time and started playing that way but, by then, it was already too late. Brady got his ass whipped by the Dolphins' DL and wasn't leading the team to a comeback.

As Miguel has noted on patscap.com: the Prisoner accounts for about 6% of the Pats cap ($7.53M) and is, obviously, giving them absolutely nothing.

Next year, the Pats will be free and clear of his contract, and then it's on them. But, as far as I'm concerned, he very much deserves some of the blame for this year's problems.
I remind you that Hernandez killed 2 people for spilling his drink, are you sure you want to go on record talking negatively about him.. .o_O

The New England Patriots have the personnel to run the 4-3 defense. Mayo and Collins can play linebacker in the 4-3 defense. Hightower may be the only questionable linebacker for the 4-3 defense.

As for the 3-4 defense, the New England Patriots do not have the proper 5-technique defensive tackles/ends to run the scheme. Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich cannot hold up as a 5-technique defensive ends. Joe Vellano sucks at any defensive line position on the field.

to play a 3-4 you need great pass rushing OLB's and a great NT after watching the preseason and the first game I am not sure willfork is still a great or even a good NT anymore and the pats have not had a OLB with more then 5 sacks in forever. Dont'a Hightower with 1 tackle should tell them that they don't have the OLB's for a 3-4.

they eliminated 25.5 of the 48 sacks they had last year by playing Chandler Jones and Nink out of position and leaving Chris Jones IA I think someone forgot to tell the coaching staff that preseason was over

Only if Mallett somehow went back in time.

Graham was drafted in 2010.

I meant Dennis Pitta.

The bad drafts are getting jumbled together. As you were saying about "FACTS"

It is a FACT that Hernandez sitting behind bars hurt the NE passing game last season. Brady basically lost 5 receiving options when you add Gronk out of the line up. 3 of those options Brady really trusted were gone for good: Woody, Welker and Hernandez. Brady had one of the lowest completion percentages of his career last season.

Its also a FACT, as you have pointed out, that the Hernandez cap hit is hurting the team this season as well.

This draft selection would the poster child of NOT doing a "Good job" in the draft room.

I meant Dennis Pitta.

The bad drafts are getting jumbled together. As you were saying about "FACTS"

It is a FACT that Hernandez sitting behind bars hurt the NE passing game last season. Brady basically lost 5 receiving options when you add Gronk out of the line up. 3 of those options Brady really trusted were gone for good: Woody, Welker and Hernandez. Brady had one of the lowest completion percentages of his career last season.

Its also a FACT, as you have pointed out, that the Hernandez cap hit is hurting the team this season as well.

This draft selection would the poster child of NOT doing a "Good job" in the draft room.
I take this guy was your favorite superhero growing up.
hindsight2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back