PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

on the positive, Josh Boyce looked good

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 yards though :)

I always thought the general consensus that woodhead was the better running back of the two.

General consensus among who? Because if you're talking about running between the tackles, Vereen is clearly better. There's a reason why he, and not Woodhead, was used in goal line situations last year. It's not a strength for either of them, but it's far less of a weakness for Vereen.

I like Woodhead, but calling him a RB is basically just a formality at this point. I was stuck in San Diego when they played Miami and Ryan Matthews was out, and they stopped even trying to run the ball inside the 5 because Woodhead was just consistently going down on contact.

I always thought the general consensus that woodhead was the better running back of the two.

Woodhead's been more dependable. Vereen's more explosive and less expensive.

Watching Boyce yesterday reminded my as to why Al Davis had such a hard on for outright speed.
Lets not ignore that Boyce caused an Int by rounding off his route too though.

Lets not ignore that Boyce caused an Int by rounding off his route too though.

Actually, I thought the linebacker dropping 25 yards and showing DB-like speed caused that. Not sure that was on Boyce.

Actually, I thought the linebacker dropping 25 yards and showing DB-like speed caused that. Not sure that was on Boyce.

Ya I wouldn't call that INT on Boyce. The linebacker just made a good play dropping back.

not sure about his pass protection in comparison to woodhead.

not sure about his pass protection in comparison to woodhead.

But with Gronk gone now our Dummy TE's are going to need to Block we cannot waste Shane Vereen's ablities in Blocking. I wouldn't mind seeing a one Back Offense with 3 WR's and a TE.

I din't see the game, can you guys describe to me what you saw outta Boyce yesterday ? Any kickoff returns ? How'd he look running his routes ?, How were his hands ? etc.

I envision him possibly being a Victor Cruz type of slot receiver, or maybe an outside WR threat.

I din't see the game, can you guys describe to me what you saw outta Boyce yesterday ? Any kickoff returns ? How'd he look running his routes ?, How were his hands ? etc.

I envision him possibly being a Victor Cruz type of slot receiver, or maybe an outside WR threat.

Boyce had a catch and run where he juked the defender out of his cleats he's like Vereen with the football in his hands a threat to take it the distance. It's interesting but Boyce is a inch taller than Vereen same weight.

Josh Boyce Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - New England Patriots - ESPN

Shane Vereen Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - New England Patriots - ESPN

Boyce rounded off his route. He ran behind the LB and it appeared he shoulld have run in front.
Its not exactly black and white, but if he cut at a 90 degree angle he is in front of the defender. The throw suggests that is what Brady expected.

not at all......vereen can be a 1st down back.......vereen can play with the QB under center.....vereen is bigger and faster

as for boyce, with the moves he displayed, I see the potential for a slot WR to the likes that noone has ever seen before.....having a slot guy with short moves who can also burn better CB's downfield will create a completely different set of mismatches never before seen......you'll need a probowl CB at the nickle

Buster Skrine tried to trip him as a last resort and Boyce still made him look foolish.

juke1.gif

not at all......vereen can be a 1st down back.......vereen can play with the QB under center.....vereen is bigger and faster

edelman/amendola-dobson-boyce/thompkins-vereen is going to be tough to stop.

Boyce had a catch and run where he juked the defender out of his cleats he's like Vereen with the football in his hands a threat to take it the distance. It's interesting but Boyce is a inch taller than Vereen same weight.

Josh Boyce Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - New England Patriots - ESPN

Shane Vereen Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - New England Patriots - ESPN

I said at the start of the year that Boyce should be considered as a potential backup for Vereen.

Buster Skrine tried to trip him as a last resort and Boyce still made him look foolish.

juke1.gif

I don't think that was a trip attempt as much as him losing his jock strap. :eek:

EDIT: I can't remember, but was a flag thrown on that play?

if he can put together, he could be the best of the bunch.....insane physical attributes and very fluid to boot

Wow, serious moves. We know he has great speed as well. I hope he catches a bomb from Brady in the next few weeks. Though what I really want is a healthy Dobson and Thompkins as well. Would love to see a bunch of those guys out there causing mismatches. Boyce, Dobson, Thompkins, Vereen, Edelman and Amendola running around making plays. Obviously we can't have all of them out there at the same time. But if we can get them all healthy, watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back