PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK, now that Bam has been signed to the PS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
the remaining issue now is ... which QB will be signed to our PS. I'm assuming that if it was Bramlet, it would already be done by now. Any good, young QB in pre-season that caught somebody's eye?

Yep. Some kid named Danny Clark. Sure, he's mostly played ILB and isn't very fast, but I'd sign him as a QB if it meant we had someone we could plug in when Seau gets hurt. Don't let the fact that he's not a QB and his ineligible for the p.s. get in the way, BB!

I am glad to hear that Bam is still part of the Patriots organization. I cannot help rooting for this kid.

I have to agree that they should put a QB on the practice squad and that if it were going to be Bramlet, it probably would have happened already. I understand keeping a slot open for Childress, but I'm not sure why they are waiting this long to fill the final spot.

As for Danny Clark, I'm all for signing him to the 53 roster.

Last edited:
Willie Andrews will be next to go to the PS. His immediate value as a returner is gone with the Smith signing. As soon as they find another vet LB/ST/QB or Pass gets better, he'll be moved.

braveht said:
Willie Andrews will be next to go to the PS. His immediate value as a returner is gone with the Smith signing. As soon as they find another vet LB/ST/QB or Pass gets better, he'll be moved.
He was the hands down best Gunner in pre-season and he can return punts and kicks, play on the KO coverage team and be one of the quick guys off the edge trying to block the punt - I see no shortage of opportunities to use him.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
the remaining issue now is ... which QB will be signed to our PS. I'm assuming that if it was Bramlet, it would already be done by now. Any good, young QB in pre-season that caught somebody's eye?

Does anyone know where Fresno State's Paul Pinegar is? Pat Hill, a BB protege, was his head coach there. I thought he was the best UDFA QB available. According to Great Blue North Draft Report, Pinegar was signed by Jacksonville, then later released. Sometimes, however, GBN's UDFA scorecard isn't always up-to-the-minute.

Danny clark is a veteran he ant be signed to the pracice squad. As for smith over andrews. Smith had barelly returned in his career. In my opinion Andrews has bigger upside.

I just went back to the draft board to see who I'd targeted as late-round QB prospects. It turns out I said:

The problem is that there's really only one day-2 QB who leaps out at me: Bruce Gradkowski of Toledo.
Honorable mentions:
Drew Olson, UCLA
Erik Meyer, Eastern Washington
Brett Basanez, Northwestern

Well, Gradkowski has been the story of the preseason in Tampa, so he's out.
Olson: Signed to Baltimore's practice squad
Meyer: Cut by Cincinnati, apparently available
Basanez: Signed to Carolina's practice squad

Thus I ended up predicting Meyer in another thread. But that was before I noticed that Stefan LeFors is available and PS eligible....

patsox23 said:
Yep. Some kid named Danny Clark. Sure, he's mostly played ILB and isn't very fast, but I'd sign him as a QB if it meant we had someone we could plug in when Seau gets hurt. Don't let the fact that he's not a QB and his ineligible for the p.s. get in the way, BB!

Thats funny as hell.....

Bring Back Flutie!

PatChick, i have followed the toledo rockets for a number of years now.
Gradkowski will become a pretty good QB if he gets to learn for about 3 years.
he'll be an excellent QB if gets to do his learning with a top-flight team. like Patriots.

the hometown team needs an experienced QB who can model footwork and help with reading dfenses. also go in there and handle a game if the unthinkable happens.
that adds up to flutie to me. i can't name anyone else. certainly not testaverde.
i'm concentrating rite now on BB/SP doing what they have to do and talking to flutie.

About Bam Childress...

Patti37 said:
I am glad to hear that Bam is still part of the Patriots organization. I cannot help rooting for this kid.
i love the kid too.

he leads me to think of a young troy brown. same size, hass the speed troy used to. smart, and a truly dangerous college player. (BTW faulk is too).
bam's used to doing whatever he wants on a football field.
like fielding punts in traffic. i'm sure BB was grabbing his head on those.
or taking a flanker screen, obvioously nowhere to go, and tries to make something out of it anyway. he could ddpo that at ohio state, but ion nnfl it's almost certainly leads to a fumble.
BB and co. have got to get him more aware of the limits to what ball handlers can and can't do in the nfl.
but i love the kid. maybe he'll make it on to the field late this year and show his stuff.

Re: Bring Back Flutie!

ilduce06410 said:
PatChick, i have followed the toledo rockets for a number of years now.
Gradkowski will become a pretty good QB if he gets to learn for about 3 years.
he'll be an excellent QB if gets to do his learning with a top-flight team. like Patriots.

the hometown team needs an experienced QB who can model footwork and help with reading dfenses. also go in there and handle a game if the unthinkable happens.
that adds up to flutie to me. i can't name anyone else. certainly not testaverde.
i'm concentrating rite now on BB/SP doing what they have to do and talking to flutie.

Hmm...it seems to me that they've signalled pretty strongly this offseason that they don't need that by bringing no vets into camp. The team hasn't shown the slightest inclination to carry 3 QBs. That's why a number of us have been assuming that the emergency QB would be lying low on the PS, learning the offense.

Personally, if the team were in extremis midseason I'd rather have a Stefan LeFors with a couple of months practice on the PS behind him than a Doug Flutie straight from the broadcast booth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes