PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Week 7 TNF Bears @ Packers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jermichael Finley, you wanted to see more of Gronk before you decide if he's a good tight end. how about you show more of yourself? Oh wait you're out of the league...o_O

I'd suggest turning this into a drinking game where you drink every time Nantz or Simms makes an excuse for Rodgers, but I don't want anyone to have to get their stomach pumped.

Why are these USC quarterbacks always terrible?

Letting the Packers drive 90 yds then stop them on the 1 yard line.. I wouldn't call that good defense. But they didn't give up points.
that would be good if that was the pats defense

Bears should just punt it on 3rd down.

Rodgers has missed receivers and made some bad decisions,,,receivers have struggled to get open....scheme wise the coaches aren't helping....just bad for the Packers.

Wow the NFL just sucks. These teams have no idea what they are doing coupled with refs who have no idea what they are doing. This game is as good as the MNF game this week.

Rodgers has missed receivers and made some bad decisions,,,receivers have struggled to get open....scheme wise the coaches aren't helping....just bad for the Packers.

I love how quick they are to Rodger's defense though. "The stat's don't tell the whole story" "historic defensive performance" "receivers can't get open". In the one game a year that the Pats offense doesn't play well, it's all Brady. "Over the hill!" "He just isn't good anymore!" "He's gonna fall off a cliff!". And when he does dominate... "system QB". THAT is one thing that irritates me with Rodgers vs Brady. Rodgers can never do any wrong...

Why not any throwback video of Rodgers? Oh wait, Aaron doesn't talk to his family anymore...o_O

Wow the NFL just sucks. These teams have no idea what they are doing coupled with refs who have no idea what they are doing. This game is as good as the MNF game this week.
well this should make you feel better....look at that Tennessee, Jacksonville game we get next week. lmao

What's the point of draw play on 3rd & very long? Just punt on 3rd down if you don't have the balls to even try.

I love how quick they are to Rodger's defense though. "The stat's don't tell the whole story" "historic defensive performance" "receivers can't get open". .
I've actually always really enjoyed watching Rodgers play - I think in the overall career sense his discipline, accuracy, and understanding of the game are remarkable and unique to him and just a handful of other QBs. But numbers aside, he hasn't been the same the past year or so. These are the same excuses that were trotted out last year. I don't think it's all on him, but some of it has got to be. If we're talking about a sure-fire first-ballot HOF generational talent at QB, then there's got to be some culpability. He should be MURDERING this Bears' team. This should be 31-10 minimum, not 13-10. They are bad.

I've actually always really enjoyed watching Rodgers play - I think in the overall career sense his discipline, accuracy, and understanding of the game are remarkable and unique to him and just a handful of other QBs. But numbers aside, he hasn't been the same the past year or so. These are the same excuses that were trotted out last year. I don't think it's all on him, but some of it has got to be. If we're talking about a sure-fire first-ballot HOF generational talent at QB, then there's got to be some culpability. He should be MURDERING this Bears' team. This should be 31-10 minimum, not 13-10. They are bad.

Yeah, I'm not criticizing Rodgers, he's right there behind Brady. Just merely pointing out how the media treats them differently.

Did the Bears just decide 3Q of defense was good enough? That was way too easy.

Good job beating Matt Barkley by 10

Yeah, I'm not criticizing Rodgers, he's right there behind Brady. Just merely pointing out how the media treats them differently.
Understood and agreed. The "receivers can't get open" was just my jumping off point because...

I am criticizing him, a little bit at least. It's been at least a season-and-a-half that their thing they do ain't quite right.

Now if they end up winning 23-10 it will be that Rodgers played well and is back to form, but he really hasn't. Ugly win against a bad team, no matter what happens from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes