PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official SF/GB playoff game thread, open for bidness...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who wins and by how much?

• Packers by 6 or more

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Packers by 5 or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 49ers win in an upset

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can’t just interchange terms like “a great QB” and “one of the greatest.”

Rodgers has immense talent. He’s a clear Hall of Famer. He’s a joke under adversity, too. He’s now lost:

In 2014 to the Sehawks when the Packers got FIVE turnovers and four INTs.

In 2020 to the Bucs when the Packers got THREE INTs on Brady.

In 2021 when the team allowed just 13 total points.

That’s 3 of his MVP seasons, all Super Bowl caliber teams where his teammates did their job and then some. I’d bring up 2015-18, but he sulked around those years while putting up below average per-play production, despite making sure his stats were protected.

Anyway: think what you want about Rodgers…it doesn’t make you more or less of a fan. In the Tampa thread, there’s been lots of discussion about how he crumbles under adversity and refuses to take necessary risks. Exactly what we saw tonight.

You're talking semantics now. If you're great at anything you're one of the greatest. I never talked rankings. I said he was ONE of the greatest. I agree his playoff shortcummings hurt his overall rankings when compared to other greats.

I mean, no argument there. Still, completely dismissing his championship season as if it didn't happen in order to make your comparison seem more accurate is pretty lame.
Also lame to claim one Super Bowl victory qualifies a QB to be counted among the greatest QBs to ever play the game. It just qualifies him to be ranked among such greats as Eli Manning and Trent Dilfer.

Also lame to claim one Super Bowl victory qualifies a QB to be counted among the greatest QBs to ever play the game. It just qualifies him to be ranked among such greats as Eli Manning and Trent Dilfer.

Except that isn't what I claimed. I only brought that up because someone was comparing him to someone else that never won a championship while acting like playoff success was all that matters. People literally saying, "He can't get it done in the postseason". While completely ignoring the fact he did.

Hence... Rodgers is not an all time great. He's a stat-volume QB-rating-obsessed playoff choke artist.

PART of being great. It's why he isn't as great as the hype. It doesn't mean he isn't great at all or an all time great. And again........I never claimed he wasn't a choke artist. It was one of the first things I said. You claim I have autism but you keep forgetting everything I said like 2 seconds ago.

PART of being great. It's why he isn't as great as the hype. It doesn't mean he isn't great at all or an all time great. And again........I never claimed he wasn't a choke artist. It was one of the first things I said. You claim I have autism but you keep forgetting everything I said like 2 seconds ago.

Andyjohnson's kid brother everyone

Ship him off to Denver, like Manning did. All that team needs is a QB and they’ll give KC all they can handle in the regular season. Then he’ll put up 10 points and go one and done again in the postseason.

Imagine a division with Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers, and Carr as the “guy who sucks”?

Just incredible how unwilling Rodgers is to take any type of risk and make a difficult, tight window pass. I think there were 2-3 passes where a defender was even close. Almost every throw was a checkdown or a design ISO play to Adams. The plays were there…they always are. This is where Brady carves up teams throwing those darts to guys like Hogan, Amendola, Mitchell, Patten, etc. This is why guys like Lazard become “stiffs” instead of key contributors on America’s Game.

21 targets to star receivers. 6 targets to everyone else. 1 target to Cobb, the guy he used this offseason as a power play to demand the team trade for him while trying to show the FO is stupid. One target, zero yards.

1642916743750.png

Had home field advantage and a rabid pro Packers crowd.
Had a coveted playoff bye to optimize health.
Had a championship level Packers defense that held up its end only giving up 6 total points.

Rodgers led an offense that generated 58 yards of total offense in the 2nd half.

lol.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back