PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - PATS v. Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
When throwing in cold weather, Edelman wears gloves.

:D

Fun fact: In what is being considered an awful display of run defense, the Patriots held Forsett under his regular season yards per carry average.

Fun fact: In what is being considered an awful display of run defense, the Patriots held Forsett under his regular season yards per carry average.

Only by 0.25 of a yard since he averaged 5.375 on each carry, but yes--definitely an oddity!

Still highly unacceptable moving forward, although I felt that about 9/10 fans here underrated Justin Forsett coming into the game.

Im hoping Luck can beat manning in Denver. Its not just that I think the Colts would be an easier opponent but im not really in the mood for another Brady v Manning game

You and me both, buddy...

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
Ha. To be fair, the article makes a point. Those two Revis penalties were extremely costly. Granted the first call was very debatable. But the numbers don't lie. Revis shut down Smith later in the
To be fair they would've been less costly if those were the standards the officials were using all game.

Another, well, interesting fact. Going in to next season, the Ravens are 6 million over the cap, with Forsett, Torrey Smith, Owen Daniels and at least one other front line player as a free agent, and, almost unbelievably, they have a grand total of one pick in the 7 rounds of the draft.

Another, well, interesting fact. Going in to next season, the Ravens are 6 million over the cap, with Forsett, Torrey Smith, Owen Daniels and at least one other front line player as a free agent, and, almost unbelievably, they have a grand total of one pick in the 7 rounds of the draft.

Sorry if i'm missing some humour here because this isn't right.

The Ravens currently have six picks in the 2015 draft (one in first, second, third and fourth rounds and two in the seventh). They acquired a seventh-round pick from the Miami Dolphinsin last year's trade for offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie, but they've traded away two picks as well. The Ravens sent a fifth-round pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for center Jeremy Zuttah, and they gave up a sixth-round pick for a seventh-rounder in 2014, which was used on Wake Forest wide receiver Michael Campanaro.

The Ravens are expected to get three compensatory picks in 2015.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/9748/recapping-ravens-traded-draft-picks

Patriots-vs-Ravens-deja-vu.jpg

I'm curious how the football fan (non Patriot/Raven fans) view the game, but perhaps this story could share some perspective.

My wife was actually watching the game with me (typically she'll come and go or do something else, but she was watching the entire game). My kids were off doing something else (probably playing games on the computer for one and watching Netflix for the other) and my dog sleeping on one of the loveseats).

For the Edleman pass, I cheered so loudly (jumping out of my seat), high-fiving the wife my dog hjumped up and was looking for the signs of danger and my kids came running downstairs to see what the "heck was going on".

I had to rewind the game so they could see the replay and they were impressed, but then I had to fill them in on Edleman, the fact that he was a QB in college, and a short outline of his career as a Patriot and that I have been waiting for that lay for years.

The rest of the night was great, my kids plunkered down to watch the rest of the game (I had to remind them that this is a single elimination and the loser's season is over). They know I am a huge Patriot fan and they have adopted the Patriots as their team, but they aren't regular watchers of games. But, the "felt" this game. They felt the tension. They felt the drama. They felt the exultation of my team, their team, falling behind, coming back, and overcoming a darn fine opponent.

It was definitely and excellent night for the family. And the pooch, while on alert for 5-10 minutes after my outburst eventually calmed down and got some rest between great plays.

My wife noticed this play when Gronk's butt got exposed. It was the only comment she made during the game.

Methinks this is precisely how Lacey Noonan drew inspiration for "A Gronking to Remember" ;)

During the game I was appalled at the commentary from posters in the Ravens/Pats game day thread... I checked several times during the game and was amazed at the level of negativity about the familiar(Felgerian and Borgian) themes of "Brady is declining", "BB does not know how to coach", "Patricia needs to be replaced", "wasted draft picks"... are all these folks from the "short attention span theater", either that or they were drunk or do not understand this team..

7 months of building up a strong and solid relationship with our pup. ruined.

Thank you Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola. Poor little ****er wouldn't let me bring him for a walk this morning. as for the game.

Awesome, amazing, gutsy, despairing, frustrating, ecstacy.

these are just words. and do not do that game justice.

During the game I was appalled at the commentary from posters in the Ravens/Pats game day thread... I checked several times during the game and was amazed at the level of negativity about the familiar(Felgerian and Borgian) themes of "Brady is declining", "BB does not know how to coach", "Patricia needs to be replaced", "wasted draft picks"... are all these folks from the "short attention span theater", either that or they were drunk or do not understand this team..

At the moment those posts were made, they made sense.....the reason for frustration was obvious...... Beats the hell out of expertise based on 20/20 hindsight

That doesn't include all the whining by Harbaugh, though. That guy makes me annoyed that he's trying to take the focus off the Patriots' well-deserved victory by beetching about "deception." You and your brother are overrated.

Gary Kubiak, on the other hand, had the two masterful drives choreographed perfectly. I think he might be a better offensive coordinator than any other in the league. It exposed our lack of athleticism in the front seven, except for Collins, whom they liked to run away from.

Gary Kubiak, on the other hand, had the two masterful drives choreographed perfectly. I think he might be a better offensive coordinator than any other in the league. It exposed our lack of athleticism in the front seven, except for Collins, whom they liked to run away from.

Early in the game, he definitely had everything right. Their strategy was spot on: Be aggressive early, take advantage of BB's historical habit of playing a little rope-a-dope on defense early in games and put the Pats back on their heels. Almost worked.

At the moment those posts were made, they made sense.....the reason for frustration was obvious...... Beats the hell out of expertise based on 20/20 hindsight

I agree to an extent, but when you have someone calling Hightower a 'bum' then you know some people would be more rational when Judgement day comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick