PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bengals beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Yeah, I don't really follow either. Especially if he was thinking about bringing O'Brien back in 2023 the whole time (just a theory), was 2022 with a bunch of novices running the show really the right time for such a change?
But this offense was supposedly tailored to Mac's strengths.

I do believe Patricia is a huge problem and should not come back.

BUT Mac could've made it so much easier on himself this year if he recognized the check down quicker and took the easy pass. He never sees anyone on his flanks. If he throws short, it's a designed short pass. Never a checkdown.

And this goes for scanning the field as well, as he misses guys open on the boundaries. The throw that got Jonnu Smith hurt was not only a bizarre jerky play (and for that I blame Patricia) but Mac should know better.

The last several games (4 or so) have me thinking that Mac is not the guy we need, and I'm not looking for a stud QB. I will take a game manager.

Trent Brown is brutal ...
A half decent left tackle and our record would be better .... he's just a big parking post out there.
You are right Trent Brown is one of the biggest liabilities on this team… I can’t stand the guy

He is a professional offensive coach…which is light years ahead of what we had to watch this year.

I’d gladly take it, move Joe back to ST, and Matt….anywhere really. I could live with him as full-time OL coach.
I'd like to see joe go back to special teams, he was good there. Fatt Matt eh.... water boy

TB didn't have a strong arm when we drafted him, the coaching staff had him work on it for a year before he was the starting QB. Mac's arm can be better with some work.
Mac worked with Bradys quarterback coach this off-season and supposedly was throwing better… You can only throw as hard as your anatomy will allow and I don’t think Mac has much more room to grow there…. It is what it is.

Do you think that was a planned play by the coaches…? At least the lateral to Myers? I don’t think they ever wanted Myers to throw it across the field like that… But I wonder if the first lateral was not planned
Nope. They are dumb but not that dumb. Myers just happened to be there.

Cam Newton...

UvUJpLvcJ6-4ozx1JVjreRHjBwKdf6u_m64rWvinbLQ.jpg

Tough dude to be walking around in a T-shirt in this weather.

So if the players trust the coach, it's not a problem. If the players don't trust the coach, it is a problem, and vice versa.

Bill Parcells

But this offense was supposedly tailored to Mac's strengths.

I do believe Patricia is a huge problem and should not come back.

BUT Mac could've made it so much easier on himself this year if he recognized the check down quicker and took the easy pass. He never sees anyone on his flanks. If he throws short, it's a designed short pass. Never a checkdown.

And this goes for scanning the field as well, as he misses guys open on the boundaries. The throw that got Jonnu Smith hurt was not only a bizarre jerky play (and for that I blame Patricia) but Mac should know better.

The last several games (4 or so) have me thinking that Mac is not the guy we need, and I'm not looking for a stud QB. I will take a game manager.
You are right… Macs check downs, and ability to scan the field quickly are a major weakness…. Now if he has a elite offensive line like Purdy does… He could succeed there… But so could most quarterbacks.

Because you called every play the pats made luck and ignoring that rham should have been down. And ignoring Judon made the play on Chase. Again if the pats make a good play it was the opponents mistake the pats make a bad play the opponents were good then
You can't read, you ignored part of what I've said, or you're lying. I said MJ's INT return was electric. I said Judon gets credit for the forced fumble. I said forward progress could have been called on the Stevenson fumble. But it's also true that there was a Cincinnati miscommunication on the pick-6, Chase was careless with the ball on the fumble, and the players have to play to the whistle.

Post Game thoughts:

7. I now have a zero tolerance policy for people posting about Brady in order to invalidate everything Belichick accomplished in the past. Similarly if you blame Mac for a poorly run route, a bad play call or poor protection you are getting muted. Mac has done a whole lot wrong on his own without adding extra things that aren’t his fault.
Because of this one game? BB's record with and without Brady is his record, as is the success of this coaching tree. You can blame the players, who are the people that actually play the game, but BB actually drafted or brought in all of these guys.

I love the Pats and I am really happy they fought back they way they did today. Made for good entertainment, which in reality, all it really is.

That was a crap explanation by the ref. Stevenson was surrounded and not only stopped but being pushed back, no freaking way was he potentially going anywhere.
zebras decided the outcome of another smh

Yeah, but how long have they been saying that?
I Think they finally figured it out with that HC too. Yeah it took a while but they are finally getting there.

Post Game thoughts:
1. Loves the fight in the second half.
2. Near the end of the game after Rham fumbled Judge brought the offense together to rally them and I didn’t see Patricia around. My conspiracy theory is that Judge took over play calling duties in the second half and the offense suddenly looked better.
3. Steve Belichick is a good DC. Two weeks in a row they have made half time adjustments against offenses with elite talent. Considering the biggest knock on him is he can’t get the defense to play well against top talent. He’s not perfect (I’m tired of seeing Judon and Uche drop into coverage and the zone defense gives up too many 6-8 yard passes on early downs)
4. The offensive line has put together quality pass blocking the last couple weeks. Other than Patricia the offenses biggest issue has been the OL in my opinion so this is good to see.
5. Rham should have been blown dead before the fumble.
6. Losses suck, but this team isn’t playoff quality. Winning this game probably wouldn’t have put the Pats in the playoffs with Miami and Buffalo their last two games, but it would have moved the draft pick out of range of one of the top two tackles Skoronski or Paris Johnson Jr.
7. I now have a zero tolerance policy for people posting about Brady in order to invalidate everything Belichick accomplished in the past. Similarly if you blame Mac for a poorly run route, a bad play call or poor protection you are getting muted. Mac has done a whole lot wrong on his own without adding extra things that aren’t his fault.
8. Patricia has been bad calling the plays, bad implementing the plays, and bad coaching the offensive line. Overall the offensive players have lacked attention to detail and when that problem repeatedly appears it’s on the coach. Potentially the most frustrating thing is how he has buried the teams best playmaker on a team lacking big plays because Bourne missed a meeting in the pre season. If he’s going to hold players to such a lofty standard he better live up to that standard himself and he hasn’t.
On point #3, we simply do not have the personnel to stay with back and tight ends. We have Bentley out there on guys that are so much faster and agile. He's a good linebacker who needs to come off the field on 3rd down.

We need Tremaine Edmunds. The Patriots need to get word to his agent that they'll max his payday in FA. Do NOT extend him.

Tom had a very strong arm from day one. Look at this throw back in 2003 without even properly setting his legs.

His arm remained strong as he got older which was the unusual part. It's lazy reporting that says he had a weak arm simply because he was a 6th round pick.

Also he is a freak - to expect Mac to be like him just because he is our QB is delusional homerism and nothing else.

Very well said… Brady has always had a great arm… With Mac, you can only get so much out of his anatomy and ability… He’s not gonna be a big time cannon, and is more of an Alex Jones game manager…. Which obviously can definitely win similar to our team in 2001 through 2004 just have to have an elite defense and a decent enough offensive line.

You are right… Macs check downs, and ability to scan the field quickly are a major weakness…. Now if he has a elite offensive line like Purdy does… He could succeed there… But so could most quarterbacks.
This is the thing with many QBs in the league. People will figure out Purdy, Mike White, Zappe, etc. It just takes a few games. I was reading here about Purdy being more of a hit than Mac Jones It's silly because Mac put together several games as good as Purdy's best last year. Then the NFL figured out Mac.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back