PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots vs Eagles Post Pre-Season Game Thread

Suds: flashed a bit, but wasn't anything awe inspiring

OhOh: still not getting it done with the blocking

Blount: showed why he's been a 1000 yard rusher in the NFL

Boyce: I'll go with an incomplete. I didn't focus on him, and he wasn't a standout

Edelman: ball security clearly needs some work

Collins: stunk

T. Wilson: they might as well cut him now, if that's the best he's got

Gregory: still a day late on sideline throws

Ryan: stunk.... to be fair, the CB situation pretty much guaranteed this, given the absence of Dennard. He's obviously not ready to play and needs to be developed if he's going to be worth a damn, and we saw that tonight. This leads me to.....

I think this team really, really, really needs to find another CB somewhere.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one unimpressed by Collins. Maybe it's because of the hype, but he didn't live anywhere near up to expectations. He got bullied against 3rd stringers trying to set the edge and seemed out of place in pass coverage. Hopefully it's meaningless in the short and long-term, because an ILB that can cover is still a huge need. IMHO, Fletcher looked best in that role tonight. Collins sucked. Hell, Spikes looked better in coverage from what I was able to see.

I was watching the same game as everyone else...

Tebow was the worst QB on either roster going into the game so why I would expect it to be any different after the game? That point was moot.

He exceeded my expectations, that's why he got a C grade. Nothing more, nothing less. You can continue argue how bad he looked and whatnot, but I see improvements and for a third stringer that's all you can ask for.

Ok, so for being the worst QB on either team....sure, he gets a "C".
But the question is, why on earth would we want a QB like that on our team?

Who would want the 7th best QB in a Eagles-Pats game on their team?

amazing how we're all split apart about a 3rd string QB when our all world MVP QB and three time Super Bowl winning QB EVISCERATED the Eagles...AFTER 4 days of practice against them!

let's not lose sight of the important team issues here...

POSITIVES
-------------
1) Brady and the OL (except RG) are ready to start the season.
2) There were no injuries, except perhaps to Mallett.
3) Thompkins and Fells did their job as starters (that's quite good news actually)
4) Sudfeld looked OK, which is fine for an UDFA.
5) Blount made the team; comparing him with Bolden is just plain silly.
6) Vereen made a fine reception and is OK as a runner.
7) Fletcher is back and should contribute.
8) We will be very happy with Kelly instead of Love.
9) Benard probably moved a step forward toward a roster spot.
10) We seem to have an OK swing OT in Svitek (although he played RG in this game).

NEGATIVES
I usually don't bother with negatives so early. All it means is that someone isn't for prime time ready yet. For example, Edelman clearly needs more reps to be at game speed (at returner).

So was I. It's been a long time since Pippin. :D

Was in NYC in July with my wife, took her to a show on Broadway, noticed they are having a Pippin revival. Was surprised tonight to learn that the Pats are also doing a Ben Vereen revival. :bricks: he looked pretty good, I haven't seen moves like that from him since Roots

Ok, so for being the worst QB on either team....sure, he gets a "C".
But the question is, why on earth would we want a QB like that on our team?

Who would want the 7th best QB in a Eagles-Pats game on their team?
Many didn't think it possible but, Tim Tebow looks better with the Patriots than he ever did with the Jets. That's why he gets a C grade in my book. I think you're confusing the "grade" with how good he played. That's not what the grade was for, as I said many times. Context, not isolation, grasshopper. In isolation his play on the field leaves a lot to be desired.

Regardless of that, I don't really care how good or bad Tebow looked tonight statistically. What I care about is what type of improvements he's making with his mechanics, footwork, accuracy, pocket presence and command of the offense. Based on his 2012 game tape he looks much better now than he did then. That's a good thing isn't?

Speaking of non-stellar moments tonight for WBZ, did anyone else catch the new radio guy? Unimpressive to say the least.

POSITIVES
-------------
1) Brady and the OL (except RG) are ready to start the season.
2) There were no injuries, except perhaps to Mallett.
3) Thompkins and Fells did their job as starters (that's quite good news actually)
4) Sudfeld looked OK, which is fine for an UDFA.
5) Blount made the team; comparing him with Bolden is just plain silly.
6) Vereen made a fine reception and is OK as a runner.
7) Fletcher is back and should contribute.
8) We will be very happy with Kelly instead of Love.
9) Benard probably moved a step forward toward a roster spot.
10) We seem to have an OK swing OT in Svitek.

NEGATIVES
I usually don't bother with negatives so early. All it means is that someone isn't for prime time ready yet. For example, Edelman clearly needs more reps to be at game speed (at returner).

Just ok??? He made a nice catch and then bowled over several guys for a 22 yard completion. He had some good blocks. That's better than ok.

Many didn't think it possible but, Tim Tebow looks better with the Patriots than he ever did with the Jets. That's why he gets a C grade in my book. I think you're confusing the "grade" with how good he played. That's not what the grade was for, as I said many times. Context, not isolation, grasshopper. In isolation his play on the field leaves a lot to be desired.

Regardless of that, I don't really care how good or bad Tebow looked tonight. What I care about is what type of improvements he's making with his mechanics, footwork, accuracy, pocket presence and command of the offense. Based on his 2012 game tape he looks much better now than he did then. That's a good thing isn't?

First off, I don't think he's gotten better with the Patriots. But let's assume you're right for a second, "grasshopper".

This isn't the "everyone gets a trophy league". This is the NFL. So, if your 3rd string QB goes from being abysmal to horrendous, that doesn't earn him a spot on the roster. Heck, I bet I could "improve" as the Pats 3rd string QB but does that mean I'm a qualified NFL 3rd string QB?

As I mentioned earlier, I'm huge fan of Tebow as a person and a christian but as a QB (even a 3rd string QB) he is bad....very bad.

Yes, OK. That's better than Hooman and Ballard, who Sudfeld is probably ahead of at this point. Being OK as the #2 TE is good thing, especially for an UDFA in their first game.

Just ok??? He made a nice catch and then bowled over several guys for a 22 yard completion. He had some good blocks. That's better than ok.

First off, I don't think he's gotten better with the Patriots. But let's assume you're right for a second, "grasshopper".

This isn't the "everyone gets a trophy league". This is the NFL. So, if your 3rd string QB goes from being abysmal to horrendous, that doesn't earn him a spot on the roster. Heck, I bet I could "improve" as the Pats 3rd string QB but does that mean I'm a qualified NFL 3rd string QB?

As I mentioned earlier, I'm huge fan of Tebow as a person and a christian but as a QB (even a 3rd string QB) he is bad....very bad.

Dude, enough with the Tebow crap.

C for Tebow
You drink a lot don't you? can we go lower then a F? That was horrible.
His brain does not process information at anywhere near the speed required in the nfl and that can not be fixed.

You drink a lot don't you? can we go lower then a F? That was horrible.
His brain does not process information at anywhere near the speed required in the nfl and that can not be fixed.

You don't understand.....he's talking about it in "context" :rolleyes:

It isn't Tebow "crap". It's my evaluation on Tebow's play tonight. If you don't like it, don't read it.

It's not your evaluation. It's you pissing all over the place because of someone else's evaluation.

We get it. You don't like Tebow and you didn't like his performance. That doesn't mean that yet another thread about the entire team needs to be ruined by the anti-Tebow people, when there's a lot more to talk about than how the 3rd string QB did. Go make a "Tebow sucked" thread.

Dude, enough with the Tebow crap.

You thought Sudfeld was only OK but get offended by someone speaking the truth about Tebow who was a complete disaster?

It's not your evaluation. It's you pissing all over the place because of someone else's evaluation.

We get it. You don't like Tebow and you didn't like his performance. That doesn't mean that yet another thread about the entire team needs to be ruined by the anti-Tebow people, when there's a lot more to talk about than how the 3rd string QB did. Go make a "Tebow sucked" thread.

Does anybody care what you think because I know I don't care one bit.

You thought Sudfeld was only OK but get offended by someone speaking the truth about Tebow who was a complete disaster?

Comprehension is not your strong suit, I guess.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back