PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL: Patriots at Jets Post-Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, it's kind of funny (& sad) to think about what it takes to beat the Patriots.

A wacky coin toss dilemma, tons of injuries including the backup backup LT, some questionable game changing penalties (& no-calls) and a rare Brady/Gronk miscommunication.

Eagles game: Block punt for TD, punt return for TD and 99 yard INT return TD.

Quantum - You can disagree all you want, but it doesn't change reality. Blakeman should have gotten clarification from Slater since he said "we want to kick that way". That's two choices.. And since you can't make two choices, you have to get clarification.. Period..

He didn't need to when BB told him previously that if they won the coin toss, they wanted to kick.

With Edelman, Amendola, Chung, McCourty back, we can beat them in Foxboro. It won't be an easy game, but we should be able to prevail.
Going to be a tough road no matter who we play ....our OL woes (which realistically we have had a lot of seasons here) are very concerning.....

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 2h2 hours ago
It almost looked like the Pats were trying to help the Jets get into the playoffs or something.
Can't be ruled out! RT @rich_levine: No mystery here. Belichick got word that Steelers loss was official and initiated Operation Tank.

Dont think BB did this and jets totally deserved to win but I felt all along BB felt this as a throwaway type of game. Just play only those who can play and get out of there. Regarding the coin toss, the offense had scored 1 TD all day and needed 2 4th downs to get them.So it wasnt a bad idea. Giving up a TD in 4 plays was bad.

The catch by Gronk was beautiful.
Highlight of the game for the Pats .....this was a tough game to pick out "highlights"

It almost looked like the Pats were trying to help the Jets get into the playoffs or something.
Can't be ruled out! RT @rich_levine: No mystery here. Belichick got word that Steelers loss was official and initiated Operation Tank.

Dont think BB did this and jets totally deserved to win but I felt all along BB felt this as a throwaway type of game. Just play only those who can play and get out of there. Regarding the coin toss, the offense had scored 1 TD all day and needed 2 4th downs to get them.So it wasnt a bad idea. Giving up a TD in 4 plays was bad.

Yeah I'm actually not that mad about the coin toss decision. Most of my anger about the ending of that game was built up from the Butler DPI, no call OPI pick play, and the injuries throughout the game.

I put this on coaching. There are only three responses that should ever be given: 1) "we want to receive"; 2) "we want to defend this/that end of the field"; 3) we want to defer. No other words should ever come out of the player's mouth regardless of what the ref says.

4) "we want to kick off".

If you really want to kick off and pick a goal hoping the other team will make you kick off, you might not get what you want -- especially if there is no wind. So "we want to kick off" needs to be an available response.

Regarding the coin toss, the offense had scored 1 TD all day and needed 2 4th downs to get them.So it wasnt a bad idea. Giving up a TD in 4 plays was bad.

Bingo! We have bingo!

I wanna see
Once again, it's kind of funny (& sad) to think about what it takes to beat the Patriots.

A wacky coin toss dilemma, tons of injuries including the backup backup LT, some questionable game changing penalties (& no-calls) and a rare Brady/Gronk miscommunication.

Eagles game: Block punt for TD, punt return for TD and 99 yard INT return TD.

Don't get caught up with that. A win is a win. This team needs its offense on full deck against the fish. The offense just doesn't have any cohesiveness. I worry about that come the playoffs. Injuries have taken that away.

Proud of this defense.

Why? That’s two times in a row that the Pats defense gave up a touchdown on the opposing team’s first possession in overtime. That sucks. The Jets have an excellent defense and a average offense. It was not too much to ask the Pats defense to hold the Jets offense to 20 points. With all the injuries on offense, this was a game that the defense needed to win. They just couldn’t do it.

Not controversial to BB
Not controversial to the Pats.
Not controversial to the NFL
Only controversial to homer fans who never heard of Tony Eason..

Would the Pats still have the tie breaker over the Bengals if they win tomorrow?

I wanted the win. Miami won't lay down.They suck but aanything can happen. It doesn't help that the ol's in bad shape. Who's gonna play? I wanns see an angry and determined team out there

Would the Pats still have the tie breaker over the Bengals if they win tomorrow?
Yes. Of course, if the Patriots lose next week and the Bengals win tomorrow and next week, then the Bengals would have HFA by virtue of having a better record than the Patriots.

I think this game missed: Chung's tackling ability in the run and screen game; Edelman/Amendola on third down conversion; Easley's pass rush in the middle of the line.

There were some new bright spots too: Waddle's pass protection while he was in the game; Steven Jackson solid runs for first downs (stats down tell the full story); Keshawn Martin being more reliable.

still don't understand the decision to kick off in OT if you don't have the ability to call the direction of the kickoff when winning the coin toss. Might as well try to win/lose it in regulation with a two point conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes