PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Monday Night on BSPN Game Thread: Brock N' Roll vs Semen and the Donkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the record i'm not saying Denver sucks or anything. I'm just beyond f**king tired of people that **** themselves at the thought of denver and basically throw a tantrum because someone has the opinion that if the Pats are healthy they should beat them.

Like i'm suppose to **** myself over another team when the team I root for has Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and Gronk. F**k Brady and Gronk almost single handily pulled out an AFCC win last year.

Last edited:
Apparently the Texans' RT (Newton) tore both patellar tendons on the same play? How the hell does that happen?

Von broke his knees with a juke. Looked like a basketball play to be honest

Denver- 22/41 131 yards
Minnesota 19/42 184 yards 1 TD 1 INT
NE 24/41 196 yards 1 INT

Can the doom-and-gloomers at least give the Pats defense some credit that they made Osweiler look as bad as Minnesota and Denver did, which are two teams that they sit on here every sunday and whine about wishing the Pats were.

Which at least Pats shut them out, Denver and Minnesota can't say that.

We have the personnel to attack their LBs successfully, if we're healthy. Edelman will hopefully be at full health by then, and we should get Lewis back. Their LBs have been exposed since about midway through last season. No one had any players to take advantage of that weakness towards the end of the season and in the playoffs because literally every top team they played had numerous top guys out with injury. But several teams have done it this season, and NE will do it too if they go in there with all of their offensive weapons.

Denver will be tough - a short week and playing those clowns on the road. We are going to need vollmer and lewis healthy. Thankfully the game is at the end of the year. But I think the key for denver will be a healthy demarcus ware.

Last edited:
didn't we shut out this same houston team? :D

Broncos are legit... don't be one of those homers who pretend otherwise

I agree. I mean, we're talking about the defending Super Bowl champions, with a loaded defense and some very talented skill players, with one of the best home field advantages in the NFL. And they beat the Patriots twice last year.

Anyone who takes them lightly is a complete moron.

It says that they're an average team. They beat a very weak road squad 24-9, and actually looked pretty bad for a large part of the game. We beat that same squad 27-0 with a 3rd string QB making his first ever NFL start.

Anyone who is afraid of Denver is an irrational mongoloid.

You'll get the homer of the year award, hands down. You are one of those Pats fans who think your team should be on a sixteenpeat right now, and every year they did not win, it was either the refs, or injuries. You can beat the Broncos, but you are blind if you think they are not the most dangerous matchup in the AFC for you. They have the corners and the pass rush to disrupt Brady. Can he pick them apart? Sure, he is Brady, and he has great weapons. But expecting it like a certainty is blatant homerism.

Broncos are legit, of course, but if Blue doesn't fumble deep in Denver territory when it was 14-9, that game goes to the wire (and, psst, Houston really sucks - no Watt, no Clowney for most of the night, injured Lamar).

I can't see Denver winning their remaining 5 divisional games, either. Their offense really isn't good, and they're one wide receiver injury (and DT is always banged up_ away from less-than-mediocre. Simian is okay, but people underestimate the quiet things a Peyton Manning could do that he can't - for all his lack of arm strength last year, Manning still ran that offense well.

Pats are a better team than Denver. It's that simple. But yeah, IN Denver is still the Achilles heel. Even if we lose there, though, i still don't see Denver getting the 1 seed - they may not even win their division this year.

I understand Denver has a very good defense, but how BAD is Assweiler that he can't even cross the 200 yard mark passing for over 40 attempts and 22 completions? That he got $72M out of the Texans is grand theft.

I think Denver is going to lose a couple more before we play them, so even if we do go there and can't pull out a victory it should not matter as far as seeding goes. That HOU team is bad and missing too many pieces, I didn't think they had a chance in hell at winning. Lotta tough division games ahead for the Donkeys.

You'll get the homer of the year award, hands down. You are one of those Pats fans who think your team should be on a sixteenpeat right now, and every year they did not win, it was either the refs, or injuries. You can beat the Broncos, but you are blind if you think they are not the most dangerous matchup in the AFC for you. They have the corners and the pass rush to disrupt Brady. Can he pick them apart? Sure, he is Brady, and he has great weapons. But expecting it like a certainty is blatant homerism.

I don't converse with fans of teams with fewer than 4 SBs. If you want to relay this message through another Pats fan on this forum so that I can respond to it, go right ahead. Otherwise, know your place, and keep your erroneous opinions to yourself, kiddo.

I don't converse with fans of teams with fewer than 4 SBs. If you want to relay this message through another Pats fan on this forum so that I can respond to it, go right ahead. Otherwise, know your place, and keep your erroneous opinions to yourself, kiddo.

Snobbery and elitism at it's finest. Love it!

Denver will be tough - a short week and playing those clowns on the road. We are going to need vollmer and lewis healthy. Thankfully the game is at the end of the year. But I think the key for denver will be a healthy demarcus ware.

I think a lot of people forget we were controlling that first game until Hightower went down and Harper muffed the punt, and without virtually any offensive weapons.

We already know Harris doesn't match up well with Edelman when Edelman is healthy. Talib vs Hogan might be an interesting matchup, although that may be the only one in favor of Denver. Our TEs are a matchup nightmare for any team, especially Denver who struggles to cover TEs. Their LBs can be picked on and abused with a short/quick passing attack. We should also be able to run all over them and their atrocious run defense.

Again, this depends on our health, but this is a perfect matchup for us.

It says that they're an average team. They beat a very weak road squad 24-9, and actually looked pretty bad for a large part of the game. We beat that same squad 27-0 with a 3rd string QB making his first ever NFL start.

Anyone who is afraid of Denver is an irrational mongoloid.

I usually dont post like this but if you were to be judged based on this post. I can find multiple things that make you the irrationial mongoloid. It makes me question if you know what your watching and seeing, but I bave no right to make a judgement
1) Transitive property
2)Judging a team on one game
3)You think they are average. Find 10 teams better please
4)How does a team that does not give up a TD look bad

I usually dont post like this but if you were to be judged based on this post. I can find multiple things that make you the irrationial mongoloid. It makes me question if you know what your watching and seeing, but I bave no right to make a judgement
1) Transitive property
2)Judging a team on one game
3)You think they are average. Find 10 teams better please
4)How does a team that does not give up a TD look bad

Maybe you should pay attention to the question I was addressing. Someone asked what this specific game says about Denver. So yes, I was judging their performance during that specific game.

How does a team that does not give up a TD look bad? I know this may come as a shock to you, but defense isn't the only unit that takes the field. There's this other unit that's charged with the task of moving the ball down the field and scoring points. Their offense looked horrific when the game was still close, with the exception of 1 or 2 drives. Eventually, the Texans gave up, as I predicted they would after one of their turnovers, and Denver extended their lead. That's only because the Texans are a mentally soft team from top to bottom.

Also, Houston is ranked 29th in terms of YPG and 31st in PPG, so holding them to 9 points doesn't impress me much. I believe 9 points is actually higher than their average PPG in road games this season.

I wasn't using the transitive property to claim that because we beat Houston worse that we would beat Denver. I don't need to make that argument, as I could easily point out the ways in which we match up well vs Denver, which I have done in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes