PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 4

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are fair arguments, and I'm optimistic that we're going to get more out of the line than we did last year (as a result of player development and coaching), but it's by no means a given. The line wasn't good last year, and you've got Strange coming off an injury. Maybe that washes with Sow making a year 2 leap, but that means the only thing you've added is Chuks (I can't spell his name yet, I'm the worst). There's a lot of "This could happen", but I'd rather add a piece that's a bit more of a sure upgrade before I leave it all to that.
Chuks will be miles and miles better than Lowe last year. The depth is far improved if nothing else.

See, I'm not convinced that a rookie picked at #3 overall is sitting all season. If I had to bet, I wouldn't even say he's going to sit for HALF the season. If they decide they don't like who's there and end up taking a QB at 34 instead, then sure. But at 3? That guy is starting over Brissett by Halloween at the absolute latest.
I think a QB like Daniel’s could hit the ground running faster than McCarthy or Maye.
Which is why I don’t think he will be there at 3.
I think McCarthy is the pick unless some
Crazy Herbert trade comes to
Fruition.

Also hate hearing Fields could go to Philly watch him develop and take Hurts job there.

No argument here. 1,000,000%.

Except that, TODAY, Chuks is our starting LT. He's not depth until we sign/draft someone better.
I meant the entire line. Adding this Levrett kid, all of the mid rounders being in their second year, having Calvin Anderson potentially return.

I think part of the issue last year was just how terrible the depth was. The initial starting 5 was manageable before injuries.

Official 2024 Free Agency Day 209

The days are getting longer and longer. The nights are cold. I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. This journey is taking its toll, though I still remain hopeful fireworks will light up the northern sky.

Guessing we will sign or trade for a WR today.
Maybe a safety will be added.
Does Cleveland’s offense use a fullback at all?
Would love to see Smith and or Beckton under contract with us.
We have the cap to get both.
Good post Cousin..
Would take both tackles for sure.

Keep an eye on lesser known KJ Osborn who was an integral part of the Vikes offense when Jefferson was down."K.J. Osborn has been a solid third wide receiver for the Vikings, first behind Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen in the pecking order and then behind Jefferson and 2023 first-round pick Jordan Addison last season. He has had some bigger games when at least one of the Vikings receivers ahead of him missed time with an injury. Osborn has the potential to do more in a bigger role."
Honestly he would be our best WR today. Cost us 1/3rd of Ridley cost. RIdley is 6"1" and 190 and Osborn is 5'11 and 203.
Ridley 4.43 40 and Osborn 4.48 40 time Ridley is 30 and Osborn 26..Osborn had 48 catches and 3 TD's sitting behind first rounders Jefferson and Addison. Osborn is an outside the numbers WR.

We can talk trades as well. I expect Sutton might be in play. "In 2023, Courtland Sutton started 14 games and reeled in 59 catches for 772 receiving yards and a career-best 10 touchdowns. The 28-year-old is signed for two more seasons at $13 million (2024) and $13.5 million (2025)." Beats the hell out of $23mm.

P.S. We could add Renfro and still be payong less that Ridley for both. Why would you not? Pop has been taking a beating.

Trade scenario?
Denvers #12 pick and their #1 in 2025 plus Sutton. The Draft Trade Value Chart has 1,000 point difference. 590 points is the 1st round last pick #32 value in 2025 in trade value if you use that as your context. So in essense the Broncos are giving up Sutton for what amounts to a second round pick and a late first for the #3 pick. Remember the Broncos have an outstanding rookie WR in 21 year old Mims who is ready. Their WR cubbard is not bare.

Are we assured that we can get a WR of Sutton's ilk if we wait until the Round #2? Nyet. Are we damned positive that one of the Holy Three QBS are going to be Stroud , or are they going to be Trey Lance in the top 5?

You have to ask yourself. Is Sutton and a top seven QB in this Draft doing "the best for the Team", or are we hanging the next five years on a definate maybe at pick #3 for a QB with flaws?

Can we get a McCarthy, Penix , Nix or Rattler at pick #12 or do we wait until #34 and then take the best OT whom should be available?

Is the theory , look ot the piece of paper in your pocket and "Take QB ????? no matter what" ?

Would our Fan Base on this Forum be happy with a top OT (Alt?) at #12, a "1" WR in Sutton, a 1st in 2025 and perhaps add Renfro for....... pick #3? Riddicule me on this please with thoughts.

DW Toys

McCarthy won’t make it past the Giants.

The only way 3 is in play is if Justin Jefferson is coming back to us in return.

Good post Cousin..
Would take both tackles for sure.

Keep an eye on lesser known KJ Osborn who was an integral part of the Vikes offense when Jefferson was down."K.J. Osborn has been a solid third wide receiver for the Vikings, first behind Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen in the pecking order and then behind Jefferson and 2023 first-round pick Jordan Addison last season. He has had some bigger games when at least one of the Vikings receivers ahead of him missed time with an injury. Osborn has the potential to do more in a bigger role."
Honestly he would be our best WR today. Cost us 1/3rd of Ridley cost. RIdley is 6"1" and 190 and Osborn is 5'11 and 203.
Ridley 4.43 40 and Osborn 4.48 40 time Ridley is 30 and Osborn 26..Osborn had 48 catches and 3 TD's sitting behind first rounders Jefferson and Addison. Osborn is an outside the numbers WR.

We can talk trades as well. I expect Sutton might be in play. "In 2023, Courtland Sutton started 14 games and reeled in 59 catches for 772 receiving yards and a career-best 10 touchdowns. The 28-year-old is signed for two more seasons at $13 million (2024) and $13.5 million (2025)." Beats the hell out of $23mm.

P.S. We could add Renfro and still be payong less that Ridley for both. Why would you not? Pop has been taking a beating.

Trade scenario?
Denvers #12 pick and their #1 in 2025 plus Sutton. The Draft Trade Value Chart has 1,000 point difference. 590 points is the 1st round last pick #32 value in 2025 in trade value if you use that as your context. So in essense the Broncos are giving up Sutton for what amounts to a second round pick and a late first for the #3 pick. Remember the Broncos have an outstanding rookie WR in 21 year old Mims who is ready. Their WR cubbard is not bare.

Are we assured that we can get a WR of Sutton's ilk if we wait until the Round #2? Nyet. Are we damned positive that one of the Holy Three QBS are going to be Stroud , or are they going to be Trey Lance in the top 5?

You have to ask yourself. Is Sutton and a top seven QB in this Draft doing "the best for the Team", or are we hanging the next five years on a definate maybe at pick #3 for a QB with flaws?

Can we get a McCarthy, Penix , Nix or Rattler at pick #12 or do we wait until #34 and then take the best OT whom should be available?

Is the theory , look ot the piece of paper in your pocket and "Take QB ????? no matter what" ?

Would our Fan Base on this Forum be happy with a top OT (Alt?) at #12, a "1" WR in Sutton, a 1st in 2025 and perhaps add Renfro for....... pick #3? Riddicule me on this please with thoughts.

DW Toys

I don’t think you get Alt, Latham or Mims at 12, you might get Fashanu but now you’re moving from the #3 pick to a pick where you might miss out on the top 4 QBs and top 4 OTs. Sutton is appealing as a throw in and of course an additional first next season and additional 3rd this year help. But I honestly don’t think the Patriots are getting enough to drop 9 spots for what they could miss out on

Guessing we will sign or trade for a WR today.
Maybe a safety will be added.
Does Cleveland’s offense use a fullback at all?
Would love to see Smith and or Beckton under contract with us.
We have the cap to get both.
We don't need to force anything at the moment things could look good IF *Gulp* the Bone Man have a nice Offseason and TC. That said I'm not holding my breath. :yuck:

Oh No Tension GIF by MasterChefAU

Last edited:

More of a connecting the dots
Thanks: IF we are not in on Fields I would be very upset he won't cost us a lot of Draft capital is still young we should kick the tires. There is more than one way to skin a cat all is not lost.

Hell, I’d be excited if we would just get some visit news, but we’re getting none of that either.

I’ll take:
- Charles Leno at LT
- Adoree Jackson at CB - I know he ducked last year, but the Giants did no favors putting him on an island. With Gonzo locking down the other side he will have help.
- Backup FS that will see the field a lot. Jam Curl comes to mind.

Leno
Jackson
Curl

Draft QB, WR, WR, TE, T, DL, Edge

Hell, I’d be excited if we would just get some visit news, but we’re getting none of that either.

I’ll take:
- Charles Leno at LT
- Zeke, Dillon, Mattison or Dobbins at RB
- Adoree Jackson at CB - I know he ducked last year, but the Giants did no favors putting him on an island. With Gonzo locking down the other side he will have help.
- Backup FS that will see the field a lot. Jam Curl comes to mind.

Leno
Mattison
Jackson
Curl

Draft QB, WR, WR, TE, T, DL, Edge
Nobody wants to come to NE, crappy facilities and sandwiches.

Nobody wants to come to NE, crappy facilities and sandwiches.
And apparently the family atmosphere is crappy. Not gonna lie, hearing that report was one of the more disappointing things about this team in awhile. Hope it’s getting rectified

Last edited:
And they apparently treat family like **** as well. Not gonna lie, hearing that report was one of the more disappointing things about this team in awhile. Hope it’s getting rectified
Yeah the family deal was bs, shame on Kraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST