PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Official 2023 Patriots Roster Cutdown Thread (final roster in opening post)

Does TT not at practice mean something??
I'll actually be mad if they IR him for the year. It would ensure him being ANOTHER bust of a highly valued WR.

He’s at practice?

I think he is safe on the practice squad I can’t see him showing anything at the pro level that would make a team claim him to their 53.
Yes, the only unexplained absence from practice is Taylor. Hines and Firkser were cut, and everybody else missing has a known injury.

This is sooo weird to me. Too sick to practice or participate all preseason, but activated for week 1? Well, there goes a roster spot, I figured he would stay on NFI to start the year.

Yeah this really ****s-up the whole roster... I mean how many OLmen who are Unfit for Duty (Onwenu & now Mister Anderson) are we going to have to support at the expense of two healthy players either on the OL itself or at other positions?

My goodness the Pats personnel moves keep giving us more and more to doubt. Is BB losing some acuteness?
Why wait until now to activate Anderson, leaving him no time to get acclimated or properly evaluate if he can even play the first month?
While trading for 2 OT's with almost 0 experience. After (re)signing 2 old OT's for decent $$, that you seem to be ready to cut?

Yep; activating Onwenu & Anderson when Neither of them is EVEN CLOSE to being ready for Week 1 is So ****ing Stupid.

Last edited:
It does make me feel better about it. Assuming Anderson is the backup LT (or just swing tackle in general) then the acquisitions are competing for the RT spot. That is between Sow, Reiff (if healthy, and if he's not permanently a RG now), maybe McDermott (if healthy), or the new guys.
The acquisitions may be needed while the other players get healthy.

I know it's never done, but they can keep 11, and instantly IR Reiff.

What did they think would happen drafting three, signing two to no cut contracts, Strange, Brown, Onwenu, Andrews?
What do you mean no cut contracts?

Makes 0 sense to get two OTs knowing Anderson is coming back . There are 3 possibilities.

Brown is getting traded
Or
Sow is getting foxborough flu
Or
Sow and Mafi are getting foxborough flu

I see reiff being on 53 and then getting on IR.

J Andrews will defly make the team as he is the only center backup.
There is no such thing as foxboro flu.

So 67 at practice. 53 on roster plus 14 on PS plus Thorton?

What do you mean no cut contracts?

Sorry, meant there is little financial benefit to cutting with largeish guarantees.

Hoyer had one of these and got cut, so you're right.

So 67 at practice. 53 on roster plus 14 on PS plus Thorton?
PS is 16. There are 4 injuries (Thornton, Bolden, Reiff, McDermott) and 1 absent for unknown reasons (JJ Taylor). Assuming Taylor is a cut (like Hines and Firkser, the other two healthy absences), that means two of the injured players are going on IR.

And then somebody will get claimed or signed to a different PS and it will all fall apart, but it’s a good starting point.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back