PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 2/3

If that’s the case then I like the pick then.

NFL.com…

“It won’t be a surprise if Mapu adds weight and locks in as a backup weakside linebacker in a 4-3 defense as a pro.”

Some sites flat out list him as a lb

Agreed i like it alot better if so

If they can take Darnell Washington by trading up, Michael Wilson and Blake Freeland . That would be a home run
I loved the tight ends in this draft but why does anyone think we need one? They just brought in Gesicky and still have Henry.

So the Iowa DB that Trey Palmer torched last year just went to Denver and Palmer is waiting to be picked.

Mapu is clearly a linebacker.

I know of no 245 pound safeties, so why are people comparing him to Chung?

I thought this kid weighs 217.

BB has to have at least ONE pick a year where he goes completely off the reservation. It's almost an expected draft day tradition by now.
Bolding doesn't strengthen your argument.

Jeremiah had Mapu rated as the #73 best player in the draft, and one of his very favorite players. Drafting him AFTER #73 is hardly a wild pick.

Maybe BB and Kraft were watching the Bruins game and not making the picks?

You love Palmer I’ve seen you mention him several times.
I do. There’s some knocks (hands can use some work, 1 year of production) but he can take the top off of the defense.

I think Juju is a marginal upgrade over Jakobi at most. Billy O should help but I am not ready to throw Bill a ticker tape parade for hiring an offensive coach to be the OC like some people on here seem to want to. We needed offensive help badly and we got a marginal upgrade at one receiver spot and an upgrade at our second TE spot.
Nobody wants to give him a medal, it's just there are green shoots of sanity. But man are we on a defensive kick tonight. But it really feels like "they don't cross the line of scrimmage. You blitz all night. Let's make them remember forever the night they played the Titans I mean the Patriots." As in, fuggit, in this division, everybody's zigging, let's zag for a year and become a truly feared D while we figure out things on offense like who's playing T and whether either of the young QBs is good.

Chargers got the best pick of the 3rd round.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back