PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

outside of a big injury, Brady has a LONG way to go before looking as physically bad as Manning and Brees did. their arms were completely toast. that throw to Julio in the first game was something post-surgery Manning and 2018-2020 Brees couldn’t dream of doing
Look at the 3 TD passes to Evans against Carolina. All elite throws.

Yes, Brees is another one, his arm completely failed him by the end of his final season. Totally cooked.

Look at Matt Ryan this season too. Completely lost his skills.

Russell Wilson?? He was totally pathetic this season and looked washed at times. Denver is majorly ****ed if Wilson can't regain his form. Mr. Unlimited lol!

Look at the 3 TD passes to Evans against Carolina. All elite throws.

Yes, Brees is another one, his arm completely failed him by the end of his final season. Totally cooked.

Look at Matt Ryan this season too. Completely lost his skills.

Russell Wilson?? He was totally pathetic this season and looked washed at times. Denver is majorly ****ed if Wilson can't regain his form. Mr. Unlimited lol!

imagine if Mahomes loses and puts up something like 280 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

“he was incredible! his team let him down!”

I just hope PHI beats their ass by 2+ scores and Mahomes has a poor stat line

He already gets praised for getting smacked by Tampa in that Super Bowl

I'm honestly more mad over the Kelce > Gronk takes. TB12 is safe nobody touching that lol

No please just 1 more year only. I think that's all he has left playing good before the clock strikes midnight and he turns into Manning at the end of his career.

Look at the evidence.
2019- Brady could no longer carry scrubs.
2020, 2021 - played elite with great supporting cast, but there were signs.
2022- Brady looked very average with a diminished supporting cast.
2023- Brady still can potentially play elite but now he needs it all, OL, RB, OC, TE, WR. That's SF, possibly LV and Miami,. Not much else.
2020/2021 were not declining seasons but ok

I'm honestly more mad over the Kelce > Gronk takes. TB12 is safe nobody touching that lol

I love it! Motivation for Gronk to make one more run at a Super Bowl with Brady. Kittle & Gronk. Waller & Gronk. Either one, epic duos.

1000003539.jpg

Interesting Bovada and Draftkings has TB as the favorite to be the SF QB.

Maybe a source from the 49ers/TB12 circle leaked it

He already gets praised for getting smacked by Tampa in that Super Bowl
Mahomes is great but he gets the Peyton Manning treatment bigtime. The media desperately wanted Peyton to surpass Brady and he never came close. He even finished out his career being the weak link of a championship team and hawking Budweiser.

The Chiefs get pulverized by Brady's Bucs and yet we have to hear about Mahomes' epic pass attempts (that fell incomplete). Watch the media go absolutely crazy over Mahomes if he wins this Super Bowl. Trust me there will be GOAT talk by some. As ridiculous as that sounds.

Mahomes is great but he gets the Peyton Manning treatment bigtime. The media desperately wanted Peyton to surpass Brady and he never came close. He even finished out his career being the weak link of a championship team and hawking Budweiser.

The Chiefs get pulverized by Brady's Bucs and yet we have to hear about Mahomes' epic pass attempts (that fell incomplete). Watch the media go absolutely crazy over Mahomes if he wins this Super Bowl. Trust me there will be GOAT talk by some. As ridiculous as that sounds.
Two things can be true.

1. He's the best QB in the game by a wide margin right now

2. He has a looooooong way to go to even sniff GOAT status. He can pass Arod though with a win

What do you mean will be? There already is and it’s nauseating.

Mahomes is an amazing quarterback and is on a wild trajectory but people need to really relax. He’s a long way away from being in the discussion with Montana let alone Brady.

What do you mean will be? There already is and it’s nauseating.

Mahomes is an amazing quarterback and is on a wild trajectory but people need to really relax. He’s a long way away from being in the discussion with Montana let alone Brady.
Lets assume Mahomes wins the SB & MVP.

Mahomes

3 Super Bowl appearances
2 Super Bowl rings
2 Super Bowl MVPs
0-2 vs Brady in the postseason

Brady

10 Super Bowl appearances
7 Super Bowl rings
5 Super Bowl MVPs
2-0 vs Mahomes in the postseason

So what are we talking about here? Someone give me any reason at all why there should even be slightest GOAT discussion.

Lets assume Mahomes wins the SB & MVP.

Mahomes

3 Super Bowl appearances
2 Super Bowl rings
2 Super Bowl MVPs
0-2 vs Brady in the postseason

Brady

10 Super Bowl appearances
7 Super Bowl rings
5 Super Bowl MVPs
2-0 vs Mahomes in the postseason

So what are we talking about here? Someone give me any reason at all why there should even be slightest GOAT discussion.

If he wins, I don’t think anyone reasonable is calling him GOAT but comparisons/trajectory talk, or talk about peak dominance, is fair game.

Two things can be true.

1. He's the best QB in the game by a wide margin right now

2. He has a looooooong way to go to even sniff GOAT status. He can pass Arod though with a win
The only GOAT convo involving Mahomes right now is a hypothetical scenario. You need to extrapolate his career achievements in 5 seasons to however long he's expected to play. So 2SBs (if he wins this one) + 2 MVPS in 5 seasons extrapolated to say 20 seasons = 8 SBs + 8 MVPs without a fall off in performance, then sure he has a very compelling argument.

Could it happen? Sure. But until it actually does the convo around him remains hypothetical. Is he a unicorn like Brady that will play at a high level for 20 years? What happens when Reid retires? Will his athletic prowess hold up and if not can he compensate in the mental game? So many things can derail his trajectory, we just can't predict the future. You'll hear it from talking heads on TV and Twitter, but it's not a legit conversation.

The only GOAT convo involving Mahomes right now is a hypothetical scenario. You need to extrapolate his career achievements in 5 seasons to however long he's expected to play. So 2SBs (if he wins this one) + 2 MVPS in 5 seasons extrapolated to say 20 seasons = 8 SBs + 8 MVPs without a fall off in performance, then sure he has a very compelling argument.

Could it happen? Sure. But until it actually does the convo around him remains hypothetical. Is he a unicorn like Brady that will play at a high level for 20 years? What happens when Reid retires? Will his athletic prowess hold up and if not can he compensate in the mental game? So many things can derail his trajectory, we just can't predict the future.
Another point I'd add what happens when your security blanket is taken out because of injury?

Kelce has been injury free all of his career remarkably

I instantly tune out of any conversation with someone if they say Kelce is better than Gronk. not wasting my time with idiots

I love it! Motivation for Gronk to make one more run at a Super Bowl with Brady. Kittle & Gronk. Waller & Gronk. Either one, epic duos.
That would be so hyped.

Gronk already enquired about coming back in Nov but stupid Bucs were lukewarm to it. So he's interested. I just can't see Gronk staying retired if Brady goes to LV or 49rs. It's also a perfect situation for him.

I just can’t stand the “Brady isn’t elite at anything physical” argument. It’s inaccurate. The guy’s arm strength has been slept on his entire career and his accuracy is second to no human ever.

Not to mention he’s the most clutch athlete ever.

It’s hilarious that it’s already being spun like Brady just won because, and that he wasn’t ever truly elite at quarterbacking. This is all over the media.

“Mahomes is the best talent we’ve ever seen”
“Mahomes is the best QB but Brady is most accomplished”

I just can’t stand the “Brady isn’t elite at anything physical” argument. It’s inaccurate. The guy’s arm strength has been slept on his entire career and his accuracy is second to no human ever.

Not to mention he’s the most clutch athlete ever.

It’s hilarious that it’s already being spun like Brady just won because, and that he wasn’t ever truly elite at quarterbacking. This is all over the media.

“Mahomes is the best talent we’ve ever seen”
“Mahomes is the best QB but Brady is most accomplished”
Mahomes is the new Rodgers right now but he can pass him with a win

let’s just say Mahomes SOMEHOW wins 5 or 6 rings (which is ridiculous considering the most is 4 other than Brady)

that’s still not 7. AND the argument to end things is Brady beat him in the AFCCG and SB. I don’t give a damn if he finishes with the most yards or TDs or wins more MVPs than Manning either

• Agree
Reactions: TBR

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back