PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

People were under the assumption that he wouldn’t be coming in at all.

I know. But, even if it were the case that Brady was getting the whole day off, it wouldn't matter, since Brady's not the only one who's getting that veteran day off.

I don't share your optimism. I'd use "could win" instead of "should win"
On the assumption that the Bucs D are legitimately elite, I think they should win. I'll downgrade it to could if Perriman is WR1, Miller is WR2, and Gage is WR3.

It's early, but the NFC playoff run already seems to have some clarity.

Eagles
Packers
Bucs
Rams

Vikings
Saints
49ers
Cardinals

Injuries can happen. Cousins can keep ****ting himself in big games. The Cardinals can choke away winnable games. The Cowboys can get healthy enough to take advantage of an easy schedule. But, barring that sort of stuff, we already seem to be at a point where the top 8 are at least fairly clear.

That's entirely different than having the day off. Still a curious announcement, though. It doesn't answer when the offense does its actual practice-field game-plan installation.

Last edited:
It's early, but the NFC playoff run already seems to have some clarity.

Eagles
Packers
Bucs
Rams

Vikings
Saints
49ers
Cardinals

Injuries can happen. Cousins can keep ****ting himself in big games. The Cardinals can choke away winnable games. The Cowboys can get healthy enough to take advantage of an easy schedule. But, barring that sort of stuff, we already seem to be at a point where the top 8 are at least fairly clear.
Whose your 8 in the AFC?

Whose your 8 in the AFC?

I think the AFC is a bit more unsettled, for multiple reasons (a lot of QB turnover, injuries already impacting, trying to guess where the Browns will be when Watson is available to the Browns, major coaching and system changes still being worked through, etc... But, if I had to put an 8 down today, right at this minute, I'd probably go with 7:

Bills
Ravens
Colts
Chiefs

Dolphins
Bengals
Chargers

and pretty much just close my eyes and point to one from the next group (Patriots, Browns, Broncos, Raiders). And the Titans could still, at least theoretically, turn things around (facing Raiders, Redskins and Colts twice in the next 4 games).

Bland signing.

On Tom Brady having a maintenance/rest day every Wednesday this week, Bowles says Brady and Julio Jones will have them every Wednesday, Chris Godwin on Thursday and Mike Evans and Lavonte David on Friday. "It's not just (Brady). We have designated days off after games."

I think the AFC is a bit more unsettled, for multiple reasons (a lot of QB turnover, injuries already impacting, trying to guess where the Browns will be when Watson is available to the Browns, major coaching and system changes still being worked through, etc... But, if I had to put an 8 down today, right at this minute, I'd probably go with 7:

Bills
Ravens
Colts
Chiefs

Dolphins
Bengals
Chargers

and pretty much just close my eyes and point to one from the next group (Patriots, Browns, Broncos, Raiders). And the Titans could still, at least theoretically, turn things around (facing Raiders, Redskins and Colts twice in the next 4 games).
It seems like mostly the same teams make the playoffs every year. Since 2000 these are the top playoff appearances in the AFC;
NE (18)
Indy (16)
Pitt (14)
Bal (13)
KC (11, most lately)
Den - Tenn (9)
It looks like Buffalo will be in there for a while now and the Chargers could replace Denver. Miami has also improved and Cincy is the defending AFC champ.
Indy looks like a possible train wreck and I'm getting my popcorn ready just in case they crash. And if the Pats could take care of the Ratbirds next week it would help deflate those two crybaby franchises and continue them on their downward spiral.

As for the NFC, who cares? I'm only here to follow Brady. :) Damn he still looks good.

This is the unprecedented slippery slope in process. So when will the full offense work on-field together on game plan installation? Pretty soon you'll have veteran linemen demanding extra days off as well.

It seems like mostly the same teams make the playoffs every year. Since 2000 these are the top playoff appearances in the AFC;
NE (18)
Indy (16)
Pitt (14)
Bal (13)
KC (11, most lately)
Den - Tenn (9)
It looks like Buffalo will be in there for a while now and the Chargers could replace Denver. Miami has also improved and Cincy is the defending AFC champ.
Indy looks like a possible train wreck and I'm getting my popcorn ready just in case they crash. And if the Pats could take care of the Ratbirds next week it would help deflate those two crybaby franchises and continue them on their downward spiral.

As for the NFC, who cares? I'm only here to follow Brady. :) Damn he still looks good.
Indy is a surprise. I would have thought them and Steelers were reversed. They haven't been a top team for the most part since Manning left. They must be getting in a lot as a wildcard lately.

I like this signing alot. Small white dude to work the slot? That will open up the sidelines. Queue florio and all the other noise makers though with nonsense about Covid to try and draw clicks.

Looks like confirmation that Edelman is not healthy and available or that would have been the move I think.
Edelman is still under contract with the Pats so if he wanted to comeback it would take him telling Belicheck he doesn't want to play for the Pats and I don't think that's possible for Edelman.

Had Edelman retired a FA I could see it, but no way he unretires and demands a trade or to be cut. It's not in his character to do that

I can be consistent since I said this last year. I think Cole is a sh.ithead who also sucks so this is probably a dumb idea.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back