PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 2007 NFL Draft 2nd Round Discussion

We had a chance to draft Harris and we passed. We'll see soon enough whether that was a good move.

I want to know who is going to play lb when Bruschi and Vrabel get hurt this yr???

What? Sometimes the people on this board make me ill. Year after year the Pats own the draft, are often one of the most active teams in trades, and pick up at least 2 or 3 quality players, and people still complain. Unreal.

I'm with ya, I'm psyched we got another defensive player to add speed and all the rest is extra. People need to have faith in BB and quit the whining.

I want to know who is going to play lb when Bruschi and Vrabel get hurt this yr???

As it stands now, Eric Alexander. Comforting isn't it?

Last edited:

Seau, or AD will move inside. We have Pierre Woods and I'm sure they will draft someone in the third round, much less a developmental project.

there goes Harris. fk

Hes gonna a lot imo..he'll play strongside and let Vilma play weakside.

Jets traded the rest of their draft for it.

they have one 7th rounder. thats it.

We had a chance to draft Harris and we passed. We'll see soon enough whether that was a good move.

Apparently BB didn't think much of him

Re: Official 2007 NFL Draft 3rd Round Discussion

We get Oakland's 7th rounder this year and 3rd rounder next year... Kind of a ho hum lateral move. The 7th is not even enough to move up in the 4th round!

Brandon Siler.

Dear God I hope not...I have read numerous stories about how he has WAY to high an opinion of himself. Plus to be honest he looks like about the stiffist LB I have seen in years.

i hate to say this, but the jets have had a good draft. they overpaid a bit for revis but harris is a good dam value in the 2nd round

A 3rd rounder next year, and a 7th rounder this year. Great draft so far, NOT. well, at least we have cornered the market in 2nd day draft picks, especially in the 6th and 7th rounds, lol. We are the kings of draft mediocracy !!.

Dear God I hope not...I have read numerous stories about how he has WAY to high an opinion of himself. Plus to be honest he looks like about the stiffist LB I have seen in years.

He's not that stiff, and Ted Johnson was a pretty stiff guy, and he worked out okay. He's just a 2 down plugger, which is something this team needs. I wouldn't cry if we got him in the 4th.

i hate to say this, but the jets have had a good draft. they overpaid a bit for revis but harris is a good dam value in the 2nd round

I agree...actually I think they had a better draft last year as well. The Jackson bust (yes that's right) is heavily influencing that but still...It's early though so we'll see how things pan out. I am starting to lament the Welker trade though.

Some cruddy draft picks..........

Certainly not a blockbuster deal, but since next year's draft should be better, it looks like an upgrade. It may also be grease for the gears in the Moss deal...

While I don't like Revis, Harris is perfect for them. Vilma can focus on being a playmaker at the WILB position and let Harris plug the holes and clean up the run. Good move for the Jets, I was hoping the Pats would be able to trade back up and land Harris, but them's the breaks.

Jets traded the rest of their draft for it.

they have one 7th rounder. thats it.

According to espn.com, they have a sixth as well, number 177 overall.

And the board goes silent while everyone switches to espn2... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back