Not open for further replies.
assuming no trades...

24. David Harris
28. Anthony Gonzalez
91. Daymeion Hughes

Re: Official 1st/2nd Round 2007 NFL Draft Predictions

Aaron Ross DB from Texas

Ryan Kalil Center from USC

Another OL early you heard it hear first.

Patriots will trade one pick out of round 1 for a round 2 pick and something else.

I've also had the same sense for over a month. Something like a trade for the #24 pick for a 2007 2nd rounder and a 2008 third.

24. Harris
28. maybe trade back a few spots...take Weddle.
91. an OL, maybe Marshall Yanda from Iowa who I know nothing about except that he played for BB buddy Kirk Ferentz.

I think the Pats will trade pick #28 for Atlanta's first second rounder (#39), Atlanta's fourth round pick(#109) and a swap of their third round picks, NE gets pick 75 and Atlanta gets #91. Leaving the Pats with pick #'s 24, 39, 75, 109 and 127 in the first four rounds.

24) Joe Staley OT C. Mich
39) Brandon Siler ILB Florida
75) Usama Young CB Kent State
109) John Wendling SS Wyoming
127) Michael Bush RB Louisville or Deshawn Wynn RB Fla. if Bush is gone.

#24- Chris Houston

**Trades #28 for mid second rounder and a 2008 second rounder**

Mid 2nd- Josh Gattis
#91- Anthony Waters

I think the Pats will trade pick #28 for Atlanta's first second rounder (#39), Atlanta's fourth round pick(#109) and a swap of their third round picks, NE gets pick 75 and Atlanta gets #91. Leaving the Pats with pick #'s 24, 39, 75, 109 and 127 in the first four rounds.

24) Joe Staley OT C. Mich
39) Brandon Siler ILB Florida
75) Usama Young CB Kent State
109) John Wendling SS Wyoming
127) Michael Bush RB Louisville or Deshawn Wynn RB Fla. if Bush is gone.
Like your picks except Staley. But this is your selection and I respect it. An O line pic gets to DNP for two years unless he is many times better than what we have. A waste of a first rounder when there is some depth in our needs for DB and LB. Did anyone here on this thread that is a Staley fan, see the Senior Bowl? Is that the same Staley we are discussing? Yikes!
Denman in round 5 is just as good IMO. If not he might be a sliver under Staley. Certainly Staley is not 4 rounds better. Siler is interesting. Not much play.
Would rather a Revis or Ross in 24.Even Poz.
Good job though.
DW Toys

Griffin
Leonard
Bradley

In light of the recent BB interview, anyone here now think the Pats may take advantage of the market and trade both of their #1's for a higher #1 and a 2nd round pick?

In light of the recent BB interview, anyone here now think the Pats may take advantage of the market and trade both of their #1's for a higher #1 and a 2nd round pick?

If we could find a partner and trade up high enough to grap Patrick Willis and then have a 2nd rounder. I would love it!

no trades:

24. Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
28. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami
91. Stewart Bradley, LB, Nebraska

w/ trades:

24. Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
*39. David Harris, LB, Michigan
*75. John Wendling, S, Wyoming
91. Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State

#28 to Atlanta for #39 & #75

Last edited:
Revis in a trade up.

Bradley in the second with the second part of that trade.

Piscatelli in the third.

#28 to Atlanta for #39 & #75

Have you been spying in my war room?(see post #46) Oh, if you have been, I'm storing that blow up doll for a friend.

Last edited:
Griffin won't even go in the first round.

I don't think Posluszny anymore. Unless they do it. I think Harris and Merriweather, unless it's Beason and Weddle. Unless it's Posluszny. Unless it's a tight end. Or a lineman, defensive or offensive, or of course a cornerback.

You heard it here first.

PFnV

I don't think Posluszny anymore. Unless they do it. I think Harris and Merriweather, unless it's Beason and Weddle. Unless it's Posluszny. Unless it's a tight end. Or a lineman, defensive or offensive, or of course a cornerback.

You heard it here first.

PFnV

Outstanding analysis! But it could be a LB, other than those mentioned. Unless of course its a WR.

I'm going way out on a limb here and stating emphatically that they will NOT draft a punter in the first round!!

You sure?......

Random thought: with all the talk about this being a weak draft, wouldn't it make sense to try to move UP this year instead of trade down? I'm thinking package both 1st rounders for a top 10 stud pick, maybe pick up a 3rd round pick as well from the deal, and go from there?

I agree 100%. I respect everyones opinion. But then again my worthless opinion is just as apt to put money in your pocket as anybody else in these threads that try to put you down and question your manhood if you think the Pats should draft a certain dude. When people are starting to talk Joe Staley as a first rounder? you know this is a weak draft.

If we got Staley and Nelson, this draft would be a complete failure for me and ruin my day. I would rate it a "D". It would make others ecstatic. There are some people that have made studies of this draft in great depth. It's really poor. Fortunately it is deep in some areas we can get better in. The top 18 are real first rounders, then 19-99 are all very close and bunched together. Perhaps third and fourth rounders last year.

Has anybody seen this Joe Staley play? I saw him in the Senior Bowl. One game does not make a player, but this kid is terrible. Third round maybe IMO. What does everyone see? Look at the tape.

There is a kid Denman that could be had in the fourth or fifth that is almost equal in talent.

O.k. we take Staley. He does not start in 2007. He does the DNP deal and we need talent on the field because IMO this is a potential Super Bowl run in 2007. A draft waste! Can't see he's better than Kaczur or O'Callaghan.

Nelson. We already got a very small FS in Wilson. This kid plays ST maybe only in 2007. Watch him play. He is like Wilson but doesn't hit people. Overrated. Look at his stats in 2006. These kids have to have great agents!

Staley and Nelson are very fashionable but third or fourth rounders in my worthless opinion. Unless someone from the Pats FO comments in this thread, that is what they are.

I like your idea. Pat Willis is a tackling machine. He is a top ten value stud. He plays hurt. He plays intense. He's a great kid with sub 4.4 speed as a middle line backer. Maybe we step up to the plate and give away 24 and 28. I think we would have last year for Hawk? He could be a franchise type LB.

O.K. lets see if I am wrong. Who would trade Staley and Nelson even up for Willis, so Willis is a Pat Sat. Night? Raise your hand. In a blue minute cousins.In a blue minute.

All of this is just for fun and excitement. It's all opinion, but mine is no better or worse than yours. We all look forward to Sat.
Good luck with whomever you want the Pats to draft. Remember whomever you profess to be an expert on, BB/SP aren't gonna pick anyway. We all know that!
DW Toys

Michael Griffin and David Harris will be Patriots tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft