PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Off season moves

With Grant Williams gone and I understand why. Then I read that GSW made a deal with Washington so than probably means that Brodgon is staying. This actually upsets me more than the lie they told to Marcus Smart. Please trade Malcolm Brodgon before the season starts. His history of injuries and age is enough to tell me he can't be a good starting PG that carries the team into the playoffs and championship. Look at last season and he was coming off the bench and was hurt in playoff time. Pritchard is not strong enough to be the starting PG of a team designed to win the championship. White is a mellow guy, not strong on multi defenses and not a strong PG. He does terrific coming off the bench as a starter filing in for an injured player. He is terrific if one or both of the three bigs must be a managed rest playing as a starter of a small team.

Basically I am asking the Celtics to get a starting PG that is as good as Smart with Smart's defensive skills. Realize that Smart wasn't the best PG. Smart wasn't the best offensive player. So I am not asking for a #1 PG. I don't was a #3 Pritchard, White or Brodgon. I am looking for a starting #2 PG.

Am I asking too much? Consider that the Celtics tried to trade Brodgon before and after the Smart trade so they realized the need because of the problems I spoke about.

Thanks for allowing me to ***** when I think we are so close to a championship. I want one more before I die, just like another Stanley Cup and Superbowl. I don't have that much more time.

Kendrick Perkins not happy. Good points.

"The dog" argument. Not buying it. Draymon Green motivated Steph Curry? No. Which dog motivated Jokic? No-one. Teams win on talent. If the dog is not one of the Top 3, no-one listens to them.

Grant Williams motivated Tatum or Brown? Please. Williams was known for being a likable clown who never shut up. He didn't motivate anyone.

"The dog" argument. Not buying it. Draymon Green motivated Steph Curry? No. Which dog motivated Jokic? No-one. Teams win on talent. If the dog is not one of the Top 3, no-one listens to them.

Grant Williams motivated Tatum or Brown? Please. Williams was known for being a likable clown who never shut up. He didn't motivate anyone.

There's much irony that across all sports you have many former player analysts who truly understand their game less than fans. They have tunnel vision and think their own (selective) experience is a universal when it is not. Guys like Shaq and Perkins do this all the time and are usually wrong in their analysis and predictions.

I don’t really mind Williams being gone, but I do wonder/hope they can replace the defense he brought against Giannis and Jokic. Being an “agitator” has nothing to do with it, it’s just the defensive skills that I wonder about.

I don’t really mind Williams being gone, but I do wonder/hope they can replace the defense he brought against Giannis and Jokic. Being an “agitator” has nothing to do with it, it’s just the defensive skills that I wonder about.
I think Brissett is that guy.

Agree. I don't buy any of it.

Anyone who has heard Perk try to apply logic to a situation knows he pretty much guesses

The Celtics opened a roster spot when they got rid of Justin Champagnie. So now they have two spots open and one must be filled before opening day. Blake Griffin is being suggested at $2M. I thought he got along well with Tatum so I would not be surprised to see him come back.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back