PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Off season moves

Porzingis was a .850 FT % shooter last year, Smart was .750 FT % shooter. I didn't realize Porzingis was that good of a shooter. He will hit wide open 3s at above 40% I am guessing. Starting to like Porg more and more. Hope he can stay healthy.

Exactly which is why they need to keep Brog.

If they don't win this year they quite possibly might blow it up...see Brown dealt and Brog has an expiring deal in 2024.
Yeah.. I'd definitely him on this roster.
Ja is an incredible talent. Vince Carter type talent. And probably in line for a Vince Carter type career if he can keep his S*#* straight. Vince didn't have the type of offcourt issues Morant does, but he still was a nuisance.
He'll have to alter his game some.. VC was smooth, and became reliable shooter as his career went on.. ja is more like Iverson..

Why would you like to see Brogdon traded? What is wrong with him (aside from fragility)?
Your point. I don't thing he is there when needed. His history as you know doesn't speak to full season. This past season when he committed to come off the bench. All the talk was how well he held up, then the playoffs. Also how does he truly feel about the Celtics wanting to trade him. I do not want him as our starting PG. Happy 4th, Enjoy

Celtics of course have strong talent in the Jays ...
Porazingis may only have to ply more minutes against tougher teams here ..
He had to be the guy before ... now he only needs to elevate the guys on the floor ... big difference.

Your point. I don't thing he is there when needed. His history as you know doesn't speak to full season. This past season when he committed to come off the bench. All the talk was how well he held up, then the playoffs. Also how does he truly feel about the Celtics wanting to trade him. I do not want him as our starting PG. Happy 4th, Enjoy
I hear you. He can't stay healthy.

Williams signs with Mavs.

Kyrie part of the sales pitch?

Hasta So Longa..

I don't think there is anything up Brad's sleeve. Progz for Smart and Williams. Good trade IMO. The other guys we signed and drafted are non-factors. Can Pritchard and Hauser step up? Have to sit Horford more.

I don't think there is anything up Brad's sleeve. Progz for Smart and Williams. Good trade IMO. The other guys we signed and drafted are non-factors. Can Pritchard and Hauser step up? Have to sit Horford more.
Yea I'm fine with Williams moving on.

Yea I'm fine with Williams moving on.
It definitely affects the bench depth.. however guys will have opportunities to play now.. we need to start getting something out these draft picks..

It definitely affects the bench depth.. however guys will have opportunities to play now.. we need to start getting something out these draft picks..
I'm not as high on Williams as others. I think they'll make up his loss offensively and defensively just fine.

I'm not as high on Williams as others. I think they'll make up his loss offensively and defensively just fine.
I hear ya.. but you need guys like grant.. agitators.. guys who bring that edge.. Tatum is too Mr. Nice guy to me.. all world talent it just isn't in his DNA to be an assassin.. that will ultimately be the reason why we will never win a title with Tatum. Curry has it, pierce had it, garnett, kobe, Allen, bird, MJ, LeBron.. all those players mentioned have rings!

I hear ya.. but you need guys like grant.. agitators.. guys who bring that edge.. Tatum is too Mr. Nice guy to me.. all world talent it just isn't in his DNA to be an assassin.. that will ultimately be the reason why we will never win a title with Tatum. Curry has it, pierce had it, garnett, kobe, Allen, bird, MJ, LeBron.. all those players mentioned have rings!
The problem is Williams was not the agitator he was last year compared in 2022. Nor is an agitator worth $54m.

Brissett replaces him for a 10th of the cost.

Celtics of course have strong talent in the Jays ...
Porazingis may only have to ply more minutes against tougher teams here ..
He had to be the guy before ... now he only needs to elevate the guys on the floor ... big difference.
I was doing some thinking.. and I mentioned this to @RobertWeathers ... as much as I love tatum.. I don't believe we will win a title with him. I went and looked at some greats. Curry, kobe, pierce, Allen, garnett, MJ, bird, LeBron just to name a few.. they all had killer instincts.. they wanted to punish thier opponents. All those greats have rings and multiple rings. Tatum just isn't built like them.. I absolutely love what he does off the court a great celtic! A great young man. He just doesn't possess the next gear it takes to win a ring. Just my opinion

The problem is Williams was not the agitator he was last year compared in 2022. Nor is an agitator worth $54m.

Brissett replaces him for a 10th of the cost.
He barely got on the court.. his HC was learning last season he learned too late to play Grant. I don't believe team owners care as much as we tend to as posters how much a player is making.. nba owners don't mind paying up.. the mistake grant made was not taking the very same contract offered to him by the celtics before last season..

He barely got on the court.. his HC was learning last season he learned too late to play Grant. I don't believe team owners care as much as we tend to as posters how much a player is making.. nba owners don't mind paying up.. the mistake grant made was not taking the very same contract offered to him by the celtics before last season..
Disagree. Grant's play was inconsistent. Missing GW FTs. Lapses on D. I think Mazz had something to do with it but Gran't didn't help his cause.

Disagree. Grant's play was inconsistent. Missing GW FTs. Lapses on D. I think Mazz had something to do with it but Gran't didn't help his cause.
Disagree respectfully.. grant was playing well early on in the season.. his minutes were reduced thus not being on the court to be affective.. he was leading the league in 3 point shooting for a majority of the season.. however I'll agree that his play did tail off some later in the season..

Disagree respectfully.. grant was playing well early on in the season.. his minutes were reduced thus not being on the court to be affective.. he was leading the league in 3 point shooting for a majority of the season.. however I'll agree that his play did tail off some later in the season..
Yea then he faded....that's what i'm referring to.

It isn't purely a matter of money, it's the way in which being over the second apron completely hamstrings team building. And then you compound that with what's coming down the road with the J's contracts, and you're faced with more than one season over the second apron which screws with your draftpick. Grant is not worth all that.

It isn't purely a matter of money, it's the way in which being over the second apron completely hamstrings team building. And then you compound that with what's coming down the road with the J's contracts, and you're faced with more than one season over the second apron which screws with your draftpick. Grant is not worth all that.
Oh I'll definitely agree.. point I was making was he is a piece that every championship team or contender should want.. a gritty player with heart.. we have a bunch of nice guys on this roster and it is time to have a different mentality. This will help them in the long run.

Also when it comes to money NBA owners will spend.. they know they have to in order to acquire talent. We seem to care more about salaries ect. Then they do.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back