PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ode to a couple of lesser heroes from Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoWhalers

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
1) Zoltan Mesko -- he was booming them Sunday, with a 60yd average at halftime. I think that's one of his best punting performances all year, and it made a huge difference in this game.

2) Matt Slater -- I know STs weren't too impressive against Danieal Manning, but I think Slater played a role in keeping things from falling apart late and providing some leadership. Slater has caught a lot of flak on this board for not being a very good WR, but he has really embraced the ST leadership role. He is always around the tackle or congratulating the guy who makes it. Larry Izzo redux, but maybe with more athleticism?

3) 4th down defense -- I'm sure it's impossible to get all 11 guys on defense firing on all cylinders every single play, but there is no team I have more confidence in than the Pats on 4th down. It's really kind of amazing how capable the Patriots are of blowing up an offense when it's down to one play.

I had completely forgotten about Mesko. He was CRUSHING those punts on Sunday. Practically one of the only bright spots about our special teams play.

Where's Ninko? He had a very nice game...again.

mccourty.

VITAL tackle on manning. Held them to 3 from the off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes