PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY Daily News: Belichick under scope at NFL meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Mangini and him won't talk, nor Dungy, Norv Turner, and Mike Shannacheat. But besides that, he should be fine. Him and Gruden are friends, as are him and **** Jauron. I believe him and Parcells patched up thier problems; hell even Herm Edwards sort of defended him. If a couple of douchy guys don't want to talk to him, so be it. They can sit at thier lunch table in the corner, and the real men of the NFL can sit at the other ones.

People who will not be hangin' wit' Bill at the meetings:

Anyone from the jesters
Mike Tomlin
Anyone from the dolts
Jeff the Fisher king
Jack Del Rio
Spermie Edwards
Anyone from the classlessers, exc. maybe Norv
SonofaBum Phillips
Brad Children

Did I miss anyone?

People who will not be hangin' wit' Bill at the meetings:

Anyone from the jesters
Mike Tomlin
Anyone from the dolts
Jeff the Fisher king
Jack Del Rio
Spermie Edwards
Anyone from the classlessers, exc. maybe Norv
SonofaBum Phillips
Brad Children

Did I miss anyone?

I doubt Art Modell will be there. But if he is, something tells me him and BB don't hang out together. :D

What has Rooney said about Cameragate?

Right. In fact the Steelers made a public statement saying that their loss was not due to any unfairly gained advantage.
Good on him.

Right. In fact the Steelers made a public statement saying that their loss was not due to any unfairly gained advantage.
Good on him.

The other Rooney correlation was that Goodell consulted him on the penalty. Which of course was absurdly harsh, and then Rooney minimizes it later. That doesn't fly, no matter how many free passes that the Rooney family will get (and deserves).

The other Rooney correlation was that Goodell consulted him on the penalty. Which of course was absurdly harsh, and then Rooney minimizes it later. That doesn't fly, no matter how many free passes that the Rooney family will get (and deserves).

Goodell consulted half the planet on the penalty, that was part of the problem. Most of the people he consulted over reacted in the face of media driven hysteria, even if they didn't have a personal axe to grind with Bill, and quite a few of them realize that in hindsight. However, admitting you made a huge mistake in haste without thinking through the consequences, like creating the integrity morass the league is now mired in over this crap, is something only a select few with above average intellect and real integrity can do. Which is why Goodell and most of his circle of advisors never will. If they possessed superior intellect or any integrity whatsoever they never would have ballaxed this thing to begin with... The members of the jury who now regret how this was handled keep trying to tap dance around a ****storm they inadvertently helped fuel by downplaying the significance of the offense while simultaneously standing behind the penalty in principal, which makes them sound pretty disingenuous in the process.

Last edited:
Re: When Will it end??

If an executive who supposably likes Belichick makes comments like those, he should have the balls to attach his name to the comments. You know if I liked someone, I wouldn't be calling him out in the press anonymously or not.

Gary Meyer's coverage of Spygate has been sketchy in the past. I think he has an agenda.

He should also know the league is reactionary and always go overboard when something happens. Remember the Roy Williams rule? Creating a whole rule about horse collar tackling because one player was hurting people that way? The Emmitt Smith rule? Because Emmitt took his helmet off after each play, they made a rule stopping everyone from doing it. The re-emphasis of the 5 yard chuck rule because of the Colts complaining about losing the AFC Championships? How is this different?

Of course, Meyers wants to make it like the league never would do anything except the league hates Belichick and that league never overracts to any hot button issue.

It's Charlie Casserly. Whenever anyone needs a Belichick hatefest they
run to that tool for his half-assed comments. Supposedly that will add some
credibility to their lame articles about nothing. It's the NY Tabloids guys,
it doesn't pass the test for bird cage liner material, much less journalism.

Goodell consulted half the planet on the penalty, that was part of the problem. Most of the people he consulted over reacted in the face of media driven hysteria, even if they didn't have a personal axe to grind with Bill, and quite a few of them realize that in hindsight. However, admitting you made a huge mistake in haste without thinking through the consequences, like creating the integrity morass the league is now mired in over this crap, is something only a select few with above average intellect and real integrity can do. Which is why Goodell and most of his circle of advisors never will. If they possessed superior intellect or any integrity whatsoever they never would have ballaxed this thing to begin with... The members of the jury who now regret how this was handled keep trying to tap dance around a ****storm they inadvertently helped fuel by downplaying the significance of the offense while simultaneously standing behind the penalty in principal, which makes them sound pretty disingenuous in the process.

Very well spoken, Mo!

The story I heard about the estimable Mr. Rooney was, upon consultation with the Inspector - oops! I mean, the commissioner - he (Rooney), for whatever reason, immediately urged bringing out the 16-inch guns. Like you say, Mo, in retrospect he probably regrets having done that.

It's been obvious for quite some time that Goodell is in over his head, and largely because of this demonstrated ineptitude has brought about a completely manufactured crisis for the league, one they are seemingly having difficulty extricating themselves from.

It appears Goodell, upon ascension to the throne, viewed himself as a modern-day Kenisaw Mountain Landis, only there was no comparable crisis in the league for the fawning public to consciously (or unconsciously) to make that connection on their own.

We are now beginning to see the fruits of this mind set....

Just my 2 cents....

Is Goodell that stupid that he would consult someone who was in direct competition with the man whom Goodell was seeking to punish?

Nevermind...

I wasn't quite sure what to make of this post but I guess you're saying that it was Rooney that suggested the harsh penalty on the Pats?
I was not aware of this.
Might you have a link?

I wasn't quite sure what to make of this post but I guess you're saying that it was Rooney that suggested the harsh penalty on the Pats?
I was not aware of this.
Might you have a link?

I know Rooney served as a consultant. It was reported somewhere but I can't find it. Can anyone else confirm this? I don't know if Rooney suggested the harsh penalty directly, but of course he supported it.

Yikes!

I expect this type of one-sided commentary on fan forums like espn or sportsline, but not from an American newspaper - even a rag like the Daily News.

To me, Gary Myers has gone beyond even Easterbrook or 99% of the non-Patriot NFL fans with some of his incredibly biased comments. There are several that could prove my point, but two paragraphs in the middle of the article sum up Myers' agenda.

"Even if Walsh has nothing, Belichick's three Super Bowl victories are tainted unless it's proven he did not video-spy to help him prepare for those games or spy during the game itself.

And in the Super Bowl loss to the Giants, he was badly outcoached by Tom Coughlin. One coaching source wonders if Tom Brady played his worst Super Bowl because Belichick didn't have the benefit of the information from video spying."

In other words, as far as Myers is concerned, guilty till proven innocent is now a perfectly acceptable policy here in the land of the free. Disregard the previous 18 games; the only reason the Giants could have won was due to the Pats not having the benefit of stolen signals (which is incredibly disrespectful to the great performance by the Giants players and coaches, by the way.) Let's get Myers a one-way ticket to North Korea or Iran, where he would feel much more comfortable with their ideolgy than with democracy. The guy would have been real popular in Salem 300 years ago. "BB's a witch, burn him! You're not a witch? Then you have nothing to fear!"

Perhaps it is this same train of thought that has kept Levy and Walsh from coming forward; if enough NFL fans think the same way as Myers, they are better off if Walsh never says a word, since he is guilty till proven innocent tin their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back