PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now they are trying to say u can deflate 12 footballs in under 60 seconds

wpdougie2180

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/28/its-easy-to-quickly-deflate-a-football/

Gersh Kuntzman of the New York Daily News performed a more organized test, taking 12 balls that had been inflated to 13 PSI and removed two PSI in a total of 40 seconds. Adding in the time necessary to open the bag and to access the balls and to enter and exit the bathroom, the exercise took 77 seconds.

Kuntzman isn’t the only one who has done it. One highly-placed official with an NFL team “took the top off” a dozen balls in a mere 56 seconds.

How easy is DeflateGate? News reporter shows that 12 footballs can be softened in just 40 seconds

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-soften-12-balls-40-seconds-article-1.2094280

I don't see any proof. Just a few still photos and his say so. Show me the whole process on film, unedited.

Just because you theoretically can, doesn't mean that's what happened. Occam's Razor says he was using the bathroom to pee, not let air out of balls. Also, if you are going to deflate balls in order to get them down in pressure wouldn't you be careful and take your time? Especially if this is standard operating procedure and you have no inclination you'll be caught...

I watched the video. They didn't show the PSI before or after on this test. But the biggest issue with this is they are assuming that Brady would just want more deflated balls even if a ball ball accidentally deflates it too much. I seriously doubt that if the Pats were doing something like this, they would want a ball boy to just go for speed and quickly deflate providing random air pressure. This type of thing could seriously backfire on them and give Brady a seriously under inflated ball.

It's hilarious how much play the daily news video is getting by the mediots. Yet not a peep from them about the Head Smart Labs video. That actually showed before and after PSI.

Just shows the anti-Pats bias.

Last edited:
Oh well if they say so. I can throw a football clear over that mountain too.

If coach had only put me in the big game.:(

Funny the ball boy would choose a bathroom where someone could easily walk in on him performing this exercise rather then say a room where people aren't regularly walking in and out of.

The media (And NFL) have confirmed the difference between genius and stupidity

Genius has limits!

you can walk in a men's room and take a squizz then exit in under 30 seconds, too...now a fart and plop could be done in 90 seconds...but let's go with the "Gaa Gaa Gooney!!" media mongoloid "story".

Who cares? There's probably someone who can juggle all twelve and take a leak and brush his teeth at the same time.

Deflategate suffers from boiled-frog syndrome.

Just imagine reading this statement from the league with NO knowledge of the past week and a half (including even the slightest knowledge about the importance of a ball's air pressure:

"Patriots footballs were found underinflated in the AFCCG (yes, it's against the rules). We have zeroed in on a ball boy who spent 90 seconds in the bathroom while en route to delivering the balls as the main suspect. If determined guilty, the Patriots could be looking at possible loss of draft picks and suspensions. The investigation has cost us millions, and we've conducted over 40 interviews."

The outcome's the same: this is completely batsh!t crazy. The only difference is the media has made it its magnum opus to convince us this is a big deal, and each gradual delineation of the plot into lunacy was met with enough justification that they mostly succeeded.

I've said several times this past week on this board, to friends, and most of all to myself: this is the dumbest thing I've seen about anything ever.

BTW, I watched the video three times. The moron didn't deflate two of the balls at all. The top ball farthest away from him (next to the bathroom wall) was never deflated. Also, one of the ones on the bottom closest to him was never deflated. Further proof that it isn't as easy as it seems.

BTW, I watched the video three times. The moron didn't deflate two of the balls at all. The top ball farthest away from him (next to the bathroom wall) was never deflated. Also, one of the ones on the bottom closest to him was never deflated. Further proof that it isn't as easy as it seems.

That right there invalidates the experiment.

I am confused... did it say it took him 40 seconds or 77 seconds?

I heard both numbers thrown out on this topic.

I GOT it!!!!

They bugged MY bedroom and timed my orgasm!...no, uh...wait...my wife says that's a lot shorter than 30 seconds...damn, I thought I finally figured it all out....anybody else got any surefire ideas on this cartoon question?

I watched the video. They didn't show the PSI before or after on this test. But the biggest issue with this is they are assuming that Brady would just want more deflated balls even if a ball ball accidentally deflates it too much. I seriously doubt that if the Pats were doing something like this, they would want a ball boy to just go for speed and quickly deflate providing random air pressure. This type of thing could seriously backfire on them and give Brady a seriously under inflated ball.

Yep...what if god forbid the kid f's one up, maybe breaks the needle inside the ball or pops a hole in a ball. Up ****s creek.

Anyway, until and unless the pre- and mid-game numbers are published ALL of this is absurd speculation. SCIENCE may explain the entire thing, completely, regardless of whether the ball boy decided to take a piss or not.

Also in the video he is in a handicapped stall. Any confirmation about the configuration of the restroom that the "person of interest" visited? I thought I had read that it was rather small (single stall, single sink).

You can't even address this now, it's like satire of itself. I found this guys other experimental video below. He's the one in white.

Footballs are made of pigskin, and pigs lay in mud

Mud is just dirt and water, and trees grow in dirt sooooo

Logically, if the football doesn't weigh the same as a tree there has been witchcraft!

Theoretically, maybe one could actually deflate 12 balls in 90 seconds.

But if this ball boy was being instructed to take the air out of the balls in the bathroom, he would have no reason to rush through and do the damn thing in 90 seconds. Why wouldn't he take the 5 minutes it would take without a rush and do it right? After all, there was no reason to rush, at the time for all the ball boy knew there was no reason to think people would be looking for him to do something like this.

The mediots all deserved to be fired for being so incompetent.

Furthermore, we have no way of knowing what effect the small amount of air he let out would have. I doubt it would even register a difference. I thought that a couple of guys on ESPN had done an exercise and it took 9-10 seconds to release 2 PSI, not 2 or 3 seconds.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back