PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now that's a football player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does a hobbled LT at this point in his career give the Chargers a better chance to win than a healthy Sproles? I certainly don't think so.

I know we're supposed to hate LT around here, but playing hurt is not always what's best for the team. Especially if you're, you know, the running back. Unless you're Tomlinson's physician, you don't really know how effective he'd be.
The voice of reason. Great post.

I'm certainly not his physician but I can call him a *****. :)
He wasn't debating your right to call him a *****. He took exception to your quote "I want guys who are tough SOBs that want to play, not those who nurse their injuries during the time of their team's greatest need." You intimate in this post that it was somehow more detrimental to the Chargers that LT chose to "nurse his injuries during the time of his team's greatest need" than for him to play with a groin muscle that is at least partially detached from the bone. As though his playing with that injury was better for the Chargers than a healthy Sproles. Obviously that is wrong. Did you watch the game? Based on what you saw, nothing else, which would you play, Sproles or LT?
Just saying, Tuck is the kind of football player I like.
I definitely like what Tuck says too, and I like him as a player. Doesn't mean it is right for him, or any injured player, to play with an injury. The question of whether to play with an injury or not isn't just if LT or Tuck have a willingness play (they both have shown willingness), it's can they, with their injury, be more effective than their replacement. The answer in LT's case is a resounding no. That doesn't make LT a ***** for sitting out, it makes him a team player.

Last edited:
Steve Nelson, Felger, and the PFW guy whose name escapes me made a very good point last week about how selfish it was of LT to even suit up in playoff games when he physically can't go. There are 45 gameday active spots and BB will tell you they are far too valuable to waste on a guy whose ego needs to make a cameo on national TV.
LT can't win. First he's a ***** for not going, now he's selfish for suiting up.

If he didn't suit up at all, people here would be riding him just as hard. Look, I was annoyed by his comments about the Pats as much as anyone, but the guy's one of the best to ever play the game, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's legitimately hurt - I'm sure he's dying to be out there.
Nice to see objective posters here. It's like me with Hobbs. I didn't like him stomping on the bolt after the Patriots' upset of the Chargers in '06 but I have come to admire him as a player. Talk about a guy willing to play through injuries! Hobbs is one tough dude.

Last edited:
How many rushing yards does Justin Tuck have anyway? Pretty impressive attitude and there aren't too many two way players anymore either.
This is why I hang around here, much to the chagrin of some. Most here are very reasonable and knowledgeable....not to mention passionate.

LT can't win. First he's a ***** for not going, now he's selfish for suiting up.

LdT should have kept his mouth shut when the Patriots beat his Chargers. If Captain Classy had just kept his mouth shut, Patriots fans wouldn't view him with such derision.

Last edited:
I long for the day when the NFL looked like this:

YouTube - Joe Kapp

No snow angels, no beer bellies, no "spying," no nothing.

Thank you Goodell.

Yeah, I remember Joe. He didn't know how to slide or take a knee. Did you see him in short sleeves in the blizzard?

Thanks for sharing.

LdT should have kept his mouth shut when the Patriots beat his Chargers. If Captain Classy had just kept his mouth shut, Patriots fans wouldn't view him with such derision.
I agree LT should have kept his mouth shut but there comes a time when someone's character should be judged on accomplishments and overall history rather than lapses after a difficult loss....or victory.

thats a bad way to put it..if your gonna say LT isnt a tough player cuz the injury..then whats Brady? Yes its a more serious injury but LT's is more serious than Tuck's.

I agree LT should have kept his mouth shut but there comes a time when someone's character should be judged on accomplishments and overall history rather than lapses after a difficult loss....or victory.

But his history is that of a player who bows out of playoff games and whines about "respect" and "class" when his team get beat.

In other words, he's a putz.

But his history is that of a player who bows out of playoff games and whines about "respect" and "class" when his team get beat.

In other words, he's a putz.
To be fair he hasn't whined about "respect" and "class" since '07, almost two years ago. Maybe it's time to put it behind us. As for his bowing out of playoff games, I don't think anyone can blame him for that. Dude had a torn MCL last year and a groin muscle that is at least partially torn from the bone this year. He tried to go both times and couldn't. He stepped aside after making a go of it when he realised that his replacement would be more effective than he. LT has a history of playing with injuries that RBs can play with and still be effective including broken ribs, seperated shoulders, sprained toes and who knows what else. Based on that history and his accomplishments I'll refrain from looking at him with derision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore