PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now that you have seen Moss in action, would you have traded a 1st round pick?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If we had to give up a 1st Round pick for Moss, Would you do it

• yes

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • no

Votes: 35 47.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not get our undies in a bunch after one (admittedly great) game. He may be this great all year long and he not be. And he may be healthy all year or not. And finally, even if he is great for ONE year (Corey Dillon, anyone?) does not mean he will be the same player next year, or that he will be here next year. A first round draft pick is on the team for five to six years.
Take it easy Borgess

Re: Now that u seen Moss in action, would you have traded a 1st round pick?

Way too early to say. Hindsight is 20/20. If you go by today, who wouldn't give up a first rounder for a 9 catch, 180 yard, TD per game guy?

No, at the time, what the pats offered was fair and this is only one game.
There is no question he is an elite talent

Way too early to say. Hindsight is 20/20. If you go by today, who wouldn't give up a first rounder for a 9 catch, 180 yard, TD per game guy?

Of course. That's over 2800 receiving yards for a 16 game season. I'd give two or three #1's for a player that could do that. :)

Take it easy Borgess
Brilliant retort, Einstein. You can't even spell Borges. Enjoy your Fantasyland. You don't have to get all snippy just because someone has a balanced view which doesn't happen to agree with your irrational exuberance.

For a 1-year contract? No way.

Voice of reason. Thanks.

Besides - its a long season... don't get too low or too high based on a game against the very suspect Jets.

It's not just about his stats, I don't expect him to put thoose #'s up every week. It's the total Impact he's having on this team.

Giving up a potential 10-12 year player in the draft for a guy that is 30 and may have only 2 years or so left in him no thanks - But the 4th rounder was a no-brainer

We are witnessing the greatest trade-steal in NFL history!!!!!!!!:rocker: :singing: :rocker:

MARK MY WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rocker:

So far the evidence is anecdotal, let you know after 19 games.. but he did look great yesterday.

Giving up a potential 10-12 year player in the draft for a guy that is 30 and may have only 2 years or so left in him no thanks - But the 4th rounder was a no-brainer
First of all we had two picks, but anyways...
First you have to draft a guy thats you would want to keep for 10-12 years.
Then you have to get by injuries,
then you have to settle on contracts with that player.

The chance of keeping any player for 10-12 years is small to begin with.
Winning a Superbowl this year and having Randy put us over the top is pretty Good.

Read here why no team would give up better than a 4th round pick for Randy:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=571398

If you're referring to his "character," I'm not buying it. One of the few negative quotes was that "he doesn't try when he's on a bad team." That's probably true. It is also irrelevant when you have a good team. For the Indy's, SD's and NE's of the world, it shouldn't have been a factor.

If you're referring to the salary, then I see your point, if it is in fact true that he wouldn't have reduced it for any other team.

Do you have a new version of the CBA? You cna't lock up a player for more than 5 years, unless he is a top 16 pick.

Do you have a new version of the CBA? You cna't lock up a player for more than 5 years, unless he is a top 16 pick.
And even then it's only 6 years, which hasn't changed since the last CBA was negotiated in 1994.

You can get at least 5 years from a draft pick, we'll get one out of Moss. Not worth it.

hindsight is 20-20 and so i would argue that the prospective risk in March was too great to spend a #1 pick.

as for the question whether, knowing what we know now, would we give a #1 for a guy Moss' age who might lead the league in receiving this year, i'd say no because a #1 is an investment in a long future. #2? yeah, maybe. #3? for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes