PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NOTICE: Changes to Thread Management going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post a quick notice to let you all know our intentions with managing threads starting today and going forward as a moderator team. We've been very relaxed in the offseason, but with the regular season about to kick off in roughly 4 hours, we think it's time to tighten up a little bit to keep the board focused and discussion flowing better.

The main points we want to stress are:

1) We want to keep the main PatsFans Fan Forum page focused on Patriots-related topics. We should have no shortage of things to discuss regarding the team with what should be an extremely enjoyable season ahead. Topics which are not Patriots-related will often be moved to the NFL Forum or the Pub, depending on the nature of the topic.

2) However, this is not a policy which will apply 100% of the time. My fellow mods and I will exercise our discretion in possibly keeping off-topic threads which may not be Pats-related but which are generating quality discussion and seem worth keeping on the main board for one reason or another.

3) We do want to get more traffic in the NFL Forum. The fact of the matter is that many threads on the main board are not explicitly Pats-related but are still football-related, and that's where most of them should go. We invite everyone to visit the NFL Forum regularly as we will be trying to promote more activity over there. I understand concerns of "fragmenting" attention between multiple locations; however, keeping a good separation between "all things Pats" and "all things football" should make for a healthier and more engaging experience on the main board itself.

4) A default exception to the above policy will be a weekly "Other NFL Games" game thread which we have typically had each week during the regular season to discuss each week's games as they happen. This is a favorite place for discussion for many of us and makes sense to keep around.

5) We are making an effort to get the game-day Chatroom going for those who like that experience; however we will continue to keep the Gameday Thread going for those of you who like self-punishment.

That's about everything I can think of but my fellow mods may add to this discussion tonight as well with anything I missed. I will pin this thread for a little while soon but wanna keep it in the regular pool to generate some visibility for now.

If you have any questions at all just post here or reach out to myself, @Ian, @ashley1992, @patchick, @jmt57 or any of our other awesome mods directly with concerns. Thanks for being the best Patriots fan site around, guys - you're really the best! Here's hoping for an injury-free beatdown tonight!!

- Ross

You might want to move the NFL forum up to the top of the page. It was more active when the forum was set up like that vs. when it was moved to the bottom.

You might want to move the NFL forum up to the top of the page. It was more active when the forum was set up like that vs. when it was moved to the bottom.
good luck down there in florida. hope you decided to leave.

I'm in North Florida. We won't get it as bad. Thanks, though.
i just saw the forcast. you are still going to get hurricane force winds. and if it stays off the coast a bit. it wont weaken very much, and the flooding will be extreme either way. take care.

Thanks to you and the mods! Good to hear the policies spelled out and justification provided. Especially appreciate you guys keeping this place clear of politics.

Yeah I understand that criticism completely. It's a situation where there's no clear answer. When it's at the top then people complain about having to scroll past it just to get at the Pats stuff. But when it's at the bottom then it sees less traffic. Thanks for the feedback, though. It's definitely something to look at.

Thanks for the updates, and thanks to all the mods for all their hard work.

5) We are making an effort to get the game-day Chatroom going for those who like that experience; however we will continue to keep the Gameday Thread going for those of you who like self-punishment.

Does that mean it will be active for tonight, or that it will get here sometime this season? Like is it ready, or on IR designated to return at some point?

The Gameday thread will be up and running very soon, probably around top of the hour.

Does that mean it will be active for tonight, or that it will get here sometime this season? Like is it ready, or on IR designated to return at some point?

If you're referring to the Chatroom then I think we will get it up tonight but not 100% sure. If not then we will push for next week, for sure. Check back here at kickoff.

Yeah I understand that criticism completely. It's a situation where there's no clear answer. When it's at the top then people complain about having to scroll past it just to get at the Pats stuff. But when it's at the bottom then it sees less traffic. Thanks for the feedback, though. It's definitely something to look at.

Why not put the NFL Football section on top, and leave the rest at the bottom. I'm one of them who does not like having to scroll down, but I wouldn't mind if just the NFL football section was at the top.

The other option is to do it the way other forums do it. Put patriots discussion in a section like the rest. But then you would have to do an extra click. But to me this is more sensible and organized.

The Gameday thread will be up and running very soon, probably around top of the hour.

And no doubt it will be it's usual gathering place of positivity!!! :D

positivity-2291-d9fe9e73821d79991f1ff94cc7291739@1x.jpg

2) However, this is not a policy which will apply 100% of the time. My fellow mods and I will exercise our discretion in possibly keeping off-topic threads which may not be Pats-related but which are generating quality discussion and seem worth keeping on the main board for one reason or another.

If you have any questions at all just post here or reach out to myself, @Ian, @ashley1992, @patchick, @jmt57 or any of our other awesome mods directly with concerns. Thanks for being the best Patriots fan site around, guys - you're really the best! Here's hoping for an injury-free beatdown tonight!!

- Ross

Assuming the Jets thread is safe?

If you're referring to the Chatroom then I think we will get it up tonight but not 100% sure. If not then we will push for next week, for sure. Check back here at kickoff.

That's helpful, was expecting Ian to channel BB or something.

Ian...probably said:
We're just focusing on the features that are here and available right now, and we need all of them because we have a big challenge against Kansas City.

I would not say that I'm the Mona Lisa Vito of the IT world as she was the car expertise area. All right?

The chatroom will be ready when the IT guys say it's ready. I'm a football coach, not an IT nerd. They don't call plays, I don't tell them how to run the server. We have a great deal there. Works out good.

(mutters) ************...

We're onto Kansas City.

We're onto Kansas City.

We're onto Kansas City.

We're onto Kansas City.

Thanks (runs away)

Holy **** preseason is almost over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back