PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Note to self for 2008 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Unless a LB is the next coming of LT and the SF pick puts us in position to take him don't even bother getting excited about any LB prospects because it's not happening.

Page bookmarked, that is all, see you in 365.

Yeah, I was quite suprised as was many here. Spencer,Harris Poz,Deossie,Siler to name a few.

I will bookmark it too,just remember the offseason isn't over yet. Still have June 1st cuts and a player named Al Wilson still out there.

2008 watch:
Laurinatis, LB OSU
Phillips, S Miami
King, CB PSU
Cason, CB Arizona
Jenkins, CB OSU
Connor, LB PSU
Rivers, LB USC
Brinkley, LB South Carolina
Goff, LB Vanderbilt
Adibi, LB VTech
Hall, LB VTech

Unless a LB is the next coming of LT and the SF pick puts us in position to take him don't even bother getting excited about any LB prospects because it's not happening.
Haven't some of us been telling you that ? ;)

Haven't some of us been telling you that ? ;)

We were all saying it but yet we all fell into the trap. I'm sure if I search I'll find a thread or two where you thought we might take Willis (even if he had fallen to #24 would we have taken him?), Harris, or Woodley. Some even fell into the Beason trap.

Well let this be a lesson. I'm sure there will be the same linebacker hype come next year. My advice is just don't get your hopes up. Phillips might be our guy. He's huge for a safety and would make a great SS to pair up with Meriweather at FS.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1082821

I flirted with LB, I think I actually said I predicted we'd take Harris . . . but my overiding, most consistent statement was "I'll believe we take a first round LB when I see it". But, yeah, I had my weak moments too.

I am surprised and actually concerned that the Pats didn't take a LB until late again. At some point, this is going to catch up to them and hurt them. It did once in 2005 and it could in 2008 if they aren't careful. Especially with all the money they could, potentially, have tied up in receivers.

James Laurinaitis is everything they look for in a Patriots height weight, playing ability intelligence.

The guy will be one of the best LB's in the country and to come out if he declares as a junior.

This from the Patriots Employee Bulletin Board:

Immediate Job Opening:
The New England Patriots are actively seeking one Charlie Tuna for a temporary tutorial assignment. Successful candidate will tutor the existing staff in the proper drafting of linebackers. Said candidate shall possess a strong resume of drafting linebackers in the past. Please respond in writing to the New England Patriots personnel dept. on or before the end of the 2007 regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft