PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Notable NFL cuts 8/31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan of Green Bay S Atari Bigby and was surprised to see him on your released list.

According to Rotoworld:
Packers placed S Atari Bigby (ankle surgery) on the reserve/PUP list.
He's eligible for reinstatement to the active roster in Week 7. Though Bigby isn't going to start for Green Bay, the team will likely activate him for depth purposes. When healthy, Bigby is a big-time hitter with ball skills.

Didn't even realise Matt Gutierrez was even with a team this camp!

Thanks for the list, jmt.

Out of those names, there are a couple of TEs - incl. UNH's Scott Sicko - in whom I would've been very interested, had we not Crump, Gronk & Hernandez.

As for the others, I would keep handy the #s of OG Adrian Jones, CB David Pittman & DE Rodrique Wright,
just in case.

Last edited:
Might be nice to get WR Terrence Nunn back on our P/S.

Would pat Watkins be worth a even a look?

Hall Davis is kind of intriguing. he has the length and weight BB likes

I'm a big fan of Green Bay S Atari Bigby and was surprised to see him on your released list.

According to Rotoworld:
Packers placed S Atari Bigby (ankle surgery) on the reserve/PUP list.
He's eligible for reinstatement to the active roster in Week 7. Though Bigby isn't going to start for Green Bay, the team will likely activate him for depth purposes. When healthy, Bigby is a big-time hitter with ball skills.

A lot of the players on that list (such as Bigby) were not released. I was just trying to compile a list of the roster moves that teams made to get down to 75 players. You'll see notes of IR, PUP, or NFI next to many of the players names from that list, players that were not cut.

Can't wait for "Notable NFL cuts 9/4"... I'd be surprised if the Pats don't pick up at least two players. I expected (and hoped) for 2 new additions before Bodden got put on IR.

Thanks for the list, jmt.

Out of those names, there are a couple of TEs - incl. UNH's Scott Sicko - in whom I would've been very interested, had we not Crump, Gronk & Hernandez.

As for the others, I would keep handy the #s of OG Adrian Jones, CB David Pittman & DE Rodrique Wright,
just in case.

I thought Sicko would have been good as well, a bit raw though.

Can't wait for "Notable NFL cuts 9/4"... I'd be surprised if the Pats don't pick up at least two players. I expected (and hoped) for 2 new additions before Bodden got put on IR.

Well, if nothing else, 9/4 should produce more notable NFL cuts. Whether they'll be any more useful for the Patriots remains to be seen.

In all seriousness I do wonder how much left Ty has left in the tank.

If McC and the kids are getting thrashed, I'd call him.

Antonio Bryant was cut, didn't they give him a big contract?

One that stands out to me is Kyle Calloway, he must have personal issues or something. He looked really good at Iowa.

In all seriousness I do wonder how much left Ty has left in the tank.

If McC and the kids are getting thrashed, I'd call him.

Remember, Ty needs to feed his family. It is hard to do that under 3 million a year.

Patriots might want to give the Cardinals all call about Reggie Wells. They want Faneca starting at LG and Deuce Lutui at RG, but are willing to trade Wells since they know he can get a starting job elsewhere. He'd be a good veteran presence on that line if the price is right.

Would Pat Watkins be worth even a look?

Watkins was an interesting prospect in '06: a consensus top-100 player who lasted until the 5th round (after Ryan O'Callahan was taken). Unfortunately, the caveats accompanying him before the draft were the weaknesses he showed after the draft: too lanky for the position, not instinctive enough, and not strong enough.

If one of our top 4 Safeties had been IRed instead of Bodden, then I would welcome a look-see on Watkins, but not now.

Last edited:
One that stands out to me is Kyle Calloway, he must have personal issues or something. He looked really good at Iowa.

That one surprises, too. I had hoped that instead of using the trade-up on UDFA-talent Tom Welch,
Bill would've used that early 7th on Calloway or - preferably - Selvish Capers, if he wanted to draft a developmental OLman.

Last edited:

Very interesting point.

6'4"
34.5 Vertical, which puts him slightly above average.
4.63 Shuttle, which puts him right in the middle.

What really surprises, me, though, is that this guy with a great blend of size and intriguing explosiveness got drafted in the 5th Round, registered 2 Sacks in the first 3 games...and got CUT!! :eek:

Why NOT take a look??

That one surprises, too. I had hoped that instead of using the trade-up on UDFA-talent Tom Welch,
Bill would've used that early 7th on Calloway or - preferably - Selvish Capers, if he wanted to draft a developmental OLman.

Note that Brian Bulaga hasn't been looking anything like a 1st-rounder, either. Methinks that OL master Ferentz coached that line up to be much, much more than the sum of its parts.

Very interesting point.

6'4"
34.5 Vertical, which puts him slightly above average.
4.63 Shuttle, which puts him right in the middle.

What really surprises, me, though, is that this guy with a great blend of size and intriguing explosiveness got drafted in the 5th Round, registered 2 Sacks in the first 3 games...and got CUT!! :eek:

Why NOT take a look??

sign the beast

Davis has all the measurables, but an early cut like this is one more red flag in a long list of them.

Despite his NFL physique, he didn't dominate at all in a small conference. Then there was some issue of him turning down post-season bowl appearances to focus on Combine training. It all points to a guy who's a much better athlete than football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News