PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Notable NFL cuts 8/31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right because Cutler is such a stud. The guy is the most overhyped QB in the NFL, quite possibly in the history of the NFL. The guy has yet to bring a team to the playoffs, his TD/INT ratio is horrendous - yet the media calls him an elite QB. Marshall for all his talent is counter productive to building a winning franchise from scratch. He is not the guy you want young players looking up to. Schefter clashed with McDaniels throughout last season, so that isn't a surprise.

Tebow was a head scratcher. He did bring in Kyle Orton who is a better QB than Jay Cutler. He brought Dawkins and Hill to fill a huge void on Defense. Signed Andre Goodman to play opposite Champ Bailey and had a very good year. Drafted Clady and Moreno, brought in Buckhalter and signed Jabar Gaffney to help the offense.

Yup, he is destroying the orginazation by getting rid of never will be's and malcontents. :rolleyes:

You're right. The talent he got rid of were crap.:rolleyes:

Right because Cutler is such a stud. The guy is the most overhyped QB in the NFL, quite possibly in the history of the NFL. The guy has yet to bring a team to the playoffs, his TD/INT ratio is horrendous - yet the media calls him an elite QB. Marshall for all his talent is counter productive to building a winning franchise from scratch. He is not the guy you want young players looking up to. Schefter clashed with McDaniels throughout last season, so that isn't a surprise.

Tebow was a head scratcher. He did bring in Kyle Orton who is a better QB than Jay Cutler. He brought Dawkins and Hill to fill a huge void on Defense. Signed Andre Goodman to play opposite Champ Bailey and had a very good year. Drafted Clady and Moreno, brought in Buckhalter and signed Jabar Gaffney to help the offense.

Yup, he is destroying the orginazation by getting rid of never will be's and malcontents. :rolleyes:

Shanahan drafted Clady.

None of these names really jump out to me so far. No thanks on Ward. If the Bucs are cutting him for being sluggish, I don't really want him here. I'd rather wait a year to draft Mark Ingram with the Raiders' first round pick. :D

Cutler hasn't had better than a .500 record since he got to college, and he wanted out before McDaniels arrived.

Marshall is a great player, but his problems with the organization predated McDaniels and he gave McDaniels nothing but great reviews.

Meanwhile, McDaniels has brought in a lot of talent to counter the losses. Such is life in the NFL.

I hate to hijack this Broncos thread, but in other news, the Jets released O'Connell.

With exception of Cutler who is essentially crap, with some febreeze sprayed on him, where exactly did I call the talent he got rid of crap? :confused:

And he didn't bring in any talent?

Last edited:
We have a chance to correct an old mistake!

BRING BACK O'CONNELL! Clearly, he was too awesome a force for the Jets to contain!

*sarcasm in full effect

Which Broncos corner are we going to sign :D Ward was probably the biggest name to get cut so far and I'll pass

Dexter Jackson, a speedster WR drafted in the 2nd round in 2008, was just cut from his second team. That puts him a year ahead of Chad Jackson's trajectory.

Dexter Jackson, a speedster WR drafted in the 2nd round in 2008, was just cut from his second team. That puts him a year ahead of Chad Jackson's trajectory.

Are we sure they're not the same person? ;)

Isn't he the guy that killed Michigan in that one game when Appach. State beat them in Ann Arbour?

Isn't he the guy that killed Michigan in that one game when Appach. State beat them in Ann Arbour?
That is indeed the same Dexter Jackson. For Carolina he was pretty much always a game-day inactive.

Here is what I have found so far:

AFCE
Pats: CB Terrence Jonson - [IR: Leigh Bodden, Josh Barrett, Bret Lockett, Darryl Richard]
Jets: QB Kevin O'Connell; WR Laveranues Coles; WR Marcus Henry; Aundrae Allison; DL Rodrique Wright
Dolphins: RB Tristan Davis, DL Travis Ivey, TE Korey Sperry, TE Joey Haynos; OL Nate Garner to IR; DE Philip Merling to Reserve/NFI
Bills: OL Kyle Calloway, DT Lonnie Harvey, WR Aaron Rhea; LB Danny Batten and WR Marcus Easley to IR

AFCN
Bengals: WR Antonio Bryant, LS Mike Windt, LB Rashad Jeanty; S Gibril Wilson to IR; S Tom Nelson to PUP
Ravens: CB Doug Dutch; DB Marcus Paschal and C Daniel Sanders to IR; RB Matt Lawrence and LB Brendan Ayanbadejo to PUP
Steelers: OL Adrian Jones, CB David Pittman, FB Dwayne Wright, LB Brandon Renkart; Chris Scott to Reserve/PUP
Browns: CB John Bowie, OL John Malecki, DB Gerard Lawson; WR Taurus Johnson; DL Titus Adams to IR

AFCS
Colts: WR Dudley Guice, T Andrew Tyshovnytsky, LB Trevor Anderson, K Garrett Lindholm; DB Marcus McCauley to IR
Titans: WR Bobby Sewall, CB Pete Ittersagen, P Ricky Schmitt, DT Kareem Brown, LB Mike Rivera
Texans: CB Fred Bennett, WR London Crawford, DE Panel Egboh
Jaguars: C Cecil Newton, DE Julius Williams, WR Roren Thomas, CB Josh Gordy

AFCW
Chargers: RB Marcus Mason, LB Darry Beckwith, G Lee Grimes, WR Gary Banks
Broncos: RB Justin Fargas, CB Tony Carter, RB Toney Baker, OL Kirk Barton, OL Tyler Polumbus, WR Patrick Carter, LB Akin Ayodele
Raiders: TE Tony Stewart, FB Chane Moline, OL Allen Smith, WR Paul Hubbard
Chiefs: OL Tyler Eastman, RB Kestahn Moore, TE Cody Slate, QB Bill Stull, WR Lance Long

NFCE
Giants: WR Nyan Boateng; IR: WR Sinorice Moss, QB Jim Sorgi, LB Adrian Tracy; OL Kevin Boothe to Reserve/PUP
Cowboys: S Pat Watkins, TE Scott Sicko, WR Terrell Hudgins; TE John Phillips to IR; LB Stephen Hodge to PUP
Eagles: G Zipp Duncan, S Ryan Hamilton, OL Greg Isdaner, LB Simoni Lawrence, WR Jared Perry
Redskins: TE James Dearth, C Edwin Williams, S Lendy Holmes, DE Hall Davis; IR: WR Malcolm Kelly

NFCN
Vikings: WR Marko Mitchell, LB J Leman, T Bill Noethlich; WR Sidney Rice to PUP
Packers: S Atari Bigby, CB Al Harris, RB James Starks to PUP; Quinn Porter to IR
Bears: FB Will Ta'ufo'ou, QB Matt Gutierrez, WR Zeke Markshausen, DE Maurice Evans
Lions: LB Lee Campbell, WR Eric Fowler, DE Chima Ihekwoaba; CB Jack Williams to PUP; trade T Tyler Polumbus

NFCS
Saints: LB Troy Evans, WR Rod Harper, WR Mark Bradley, G Tim Duckworth, CB Danny Gorrer.
Falcons: T Mark Ortmann, T Gabe Derricks, DT Thomas Johnson, S Matt Giordano
Panthers: WR Dexter Jackson; WR Oliver Young, DE Hilee Taylor, WR Wallace Wright to IR; LB Thomas Davis to PUP
Bucs: RB Derrick Ward, WR Terrence Nunn, LB Jon Alston

NFCW
Cardinals: T Casey Knips, C David Moosman, TE Dominique Byrd, WR Darren Moughey; FB Nehemiah Broughton to IR; LB O'Brien Schofield to NFI
49ers: WR Bakari Grant, CB Patrick Stoudamire, LB Brandon Long
Seahawks: DE Ricky Foley, WR Kole Heckendorf, G Gregg Peat, K Clint Stitser, DT Jonathan Lewis
Rams: OT Phil Trautwein, CB Marcus Brown, G Joe Gibbs, RB Jamie McCoy; WR Donnie Avery to IR

Clearly one of the worst picks in recent drafts...

Here is what I have found so far:
NFCW
Cardinals: T Casey Knips, C David Moosman, TE Dominique Byrd, WR Darren Moughey; FB Nehemiah Broughton to IR; LB O'Brien Schofield to NFI
49ers: WR Bakari Grant, CB Patrick Stoudamire, LB Brandon Long
Seahawks: DE Ricky Foley, WR Kole Heckendorf, G Gregg Peat, K Clint Stitser, DT Jonathan Lewis
Rams: OT Phil Trautwein, CB Marcus Brown, G Joe Gibbs, RB Jamie McCoy; WR Donnie Avery to IR
So that's why he stopped coaching...

I just can't believe this about Derrick Ward...I played against him in college when he was at Ottawa and he was a workhorse....They were ranked #3 in the Naia and we (MNU) were ranked #7 I believe when we played them....He carried the ball 30+ times and didn't look to be wearing down at all which shows signs of being in shape....Then he was a stud with the giants in limited Playing time.....Competing for a starting job with the bucs and comes in out of shape? Wow he must have really gotten careless....This is definitely a surprise to me.....

Al Harris? Over the hill, but any more so that O-T-I-S???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes