PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Sunday Ticket In Canada...Anybody Try DAZN.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

102 Pat

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
For my Canadian posters...I called Shaw Direct yesterday to order Sunday Ticket as usual and was told all of the cable/sat providers in Canada aren't providing Sunday Ticket (for at least 5 years?) and that DAZN.com is the only way to get Sunday Ticket in Canada. I signed up to give it a try and so far I can't even get an icon to appear on my tablet after the download. Curious to know if anybody has tried this service. It's $20 a month and apparently includes Red Zone as well, I'm hoping it works out as I always loved Sunday Ticket.

$20 a month sounds like a bargain , if you are willing to pay to watch football

$20 a month sounds like a bargain , if you are willing to pay to watch football

If it's as promising as it sounds, it's a steal. Sunday Ticket last year was $50 a month on Shaw Direct. I'll give it true test run tomorrow night as I can stream the pre-season games.

Well, I'll be awaiting your feedback, because so far the reviews are not good. One major issue I've seen is that they are streaming at 25 frames per second, which is an European standard (they do stream a lot of soccer), but looks horrible on a North American tv because our standard is 30 frames per second.

Well, I'll be awaiting your feedback, because so far the reviews are not good. One major issue I've seen is that they are streaming at 25 frames per second, which is an European standard (they do stream a lot of soccer), but looks horrible on a North American tv because our standard is 30 frames per second.

I did a quick test on my tablet of one of the preseason games from last week and the quality was good, of course it wasn't live. If it helps me not miss the couple of Pats games a season that I relied on Sunday Ticket to not miss than it's a win. It's amazing that a media company like Rogers would let this happen in Canada since they control so much...

How can I watch the games without paying by the month ? Would ROKU tv work?

Have you heard of this Streamytv.com thing? I saw it last week and the guy swears that you can watch any sporting event you want. The thing cost about $300 and that is all you need except for a wifi connection.

This sounded like a terrible idea the day it was announced. DAZN wasn't even available in Canada when the deal was signed, so the NFL had little idea what they were going to be giving to Canadians (brilliant!). All I've read so far is complaints about how awful the quality is and the streams being 30+ seconds delayed. I'm saving my free month until the regular season starts so I can cancel without paying a cent if it's as bad as it sounds.

There was zero issue with Sunday Ticket before.

You could hop across the border with a Bills jersey, snatch up a Buffalo beauty at the local tavern and budda bing budda boom you'll have a K1 visa just in time for the regular season. :D

I did a quick test on my tablet of one of the preseason games from last week and the quality was good, of course it wasn't live. If it helps me not miss the couple of Pats games a season that I relied on Sunday Ticket to not miss than it's a win. It's amazing that a media company like Rogers would let this happen in Canada since they control so much...

They must be really hurting from their stupid bid for the NHL rights. But hey don't worry, that won't stop them from passing the costs to internet/cable subscribers...:rolleyes:

Just a little tidbit for Canadians. If you get the Time shift package. You can usually get CTV Atlantic which should air the Pats games. Whether you get that in HD depends on your TV provider. I know some tv providers offer Boston local channels as part of the time shift package. So take a look at that if you just want the Pats games.

I have a DAZN account. The audio has been a half second delayed every time I've watched a pre-season game. When I first used it, I thought I was witnessing false starts non-stop because of the slight delay when the ball gets snapped.

Also, there's unfortunately no option to change the broadcast audio to the home or away radio (Socci/Zolak).

Other than that, it's ok. I don't need to rely on it for watching live Pats games though. The last Pats game not shown on TV for me (never had a special sports package or anything) was the week 17 Bills game of the 2013 season.

25 fps? That's worse than a console peasant.

Just google "Reddit stream" plus "name of teams playing" and you can watch for free. Screw the owners who support goodell don't give em a dime

You could hop across the border with a Bills jersey, snatch up a Buffalo beauty at the local tavern and budda bing budda boom you'll have a K1 visa just in time for the regular season. :D

And besides, a full set of teeth are over-rated.

Just a little tidbit for Canadians. If you get the Time shift package. You can usually get CTV Atlantic which should air the Pats games. Whether you get that in HD depends on your TV provider. I know some tv providers offer Boston local channels as part of the time shift package. So take a look at that if you just want the Pats games.

If your with Rogers your good as they have all the Boston channels, ie-CBS, FOX. I have Shaw Direct and they don't have any of the Boston channels. I downloaded the DAZN app onto my Xbox One and the quality was good. I'll try tonight's game on my tablet and Xbox to compare the qualities. I hope it works out as 4 months of DAZN ($80) would a huge savings over the cost of Sunday Ticket ($50 a month here in Canada).

If your with Rogers your good as they have all the Boston channels, ie-CBS, FOX. I have Shaw Direct and they don't have any of the Boston channels. I downloaded the DAZN app onto my Xbox One and the quality was good. I'll try tonight's game on my tablet and Xbox to compare the qualities. I hope it works out as 4 months of DAZN ($80) would a huge savings over the cost of Sunday Ticket ($50 a month here in Canada).

I believe Telus also has Boston local channels thru their telecom lines. I don't know about their satellite service which is essentially just Bell Satellite.

I got it last week. Froze for a second a couple times. Quality not as good as TV but still pretty good. Real test will be during the season when a lot more people are watching. So far I think it is worth the price.

Side bonus is NFL Red Zone, NFL Network, Spanish, Italian and French soccer league games plus international soccer games.

App worked on computer and phone which I casted on TV but TV app did not work.

I got it last week. Froze for a second a couple times. Quality not as good as TV but still pretty good. Real test will be during the season when a lot more people are watching. So far I think it is worth the price.

Side bonus is NFL Red Zone, NFL Network, Spanish, Italian and French soccer league games plus international soccer games.

App worked on computer and phone which I casted on TV but TV app did not work.

Nice! I forgot about getting Red Zone with it as well. Looks like my smart TV doesn't have the app to download which isn't a big loss considering you can get it on your TV if you have a Xbox One or PS4.

First impressions...the low FPS is very noticeable while watching via the Xbox, it's not as noticeable on the tablet but given the small screen, I'm sure that's why. The tablet feed is about 2 minutes behind the Xbox feed, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes