PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Spikes, Fletcher on Sunday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a surprise. Hopefully Chung will play.

Enjoy the loss

The Fletcher Curse continues

Being without one I think would be manageable, but losing both is going to be tough. Especially when our LBs are almost as weak as our DBs.

Actually... the more I think about it, the more I wonder wtf BB was thinking going into this year with the defensive roster we have... it's effing brutal. And as thin as I can remember. We have the same number of guys obv, but SO many of them are complete liabilities should they happen to come into the game. It's astonishing, especially with what we're used to as of late.

Their backs are against the wall. We should find out what type of team we have, sooner rather than later.

Even a gimpy Chung is better than Sergio "which way did he go" Brown alongside Ihedigbo as our last line of defense. Good thing our corners don;t need any help. OTOH, not too excited to see Guyton out there all game. Fletcher must have had a thumb transplant that didn't take.

Being without one I think would be manageable, but losing both is going to be tough. Especially when our LBs are almost as weak as our DBs.

Actually... the more I think about it, the more I wonder wtf BB was thinking going into this year with the defensive roster we have... it's effing brutal. And as thin as I can remember. We have the same number of guys obv, but SO many of them are complete liabilities should they happen to come into the game. It's astonishing, especially with what we're used to as of late.

Take a team. Now put their top two interior pass rushers on IR. Put a starting CB on IR. Release the #3 CB due to ineffectiveness due to injury. Cut two of the top 3 safeties because they both regressed badly in the offseason. Knock out the top two ILBs for a few weeks. Make 4 other defenders questionable on the injury report. No matter what you start with, the result isn't going to look good.

You have a point with the IR's (albeit none are great players to begin with)... but the cuts, that was all BB as well.

Dane Fletcher LB Thumb DNP OUT
Brandon Spikes LB Knee DNP OUT

Kyle Arrington CB Foot Limited Participation Questionable
Patrick Chung S Foot Limited Participation Questionable
Shaun Ellis DE Rib Limited Participation Questionable
Kevin Faulk RB Knee Limited Participation Questionable
BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB Toe Limited Participation Questionable
Gary Guyton LB Shoulder Limited Participation Questionable
Jerod Mayo LB Knee Limited Participation Questionable
Taylor Price WR Hamstring Limited Participation Questionable
Sebastian Vollmer OT Back Limited Participation Questionable
Ryan Wendell OL Concussion Limited Participation Questionable

Wes Welker WR Rib Full Participation Probable

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet» Blog Archive » Patriots release injury report: Declare LB Brandon Spikes and LB Dane Fletcher OUT for Sunday

Take a team. Now put their top two interior pass rushers on IR. Put a starting CB on IR. Release the #3 CB due to ineffectiveness due to injury. Cut two of the top 3 safeties because they both regressed badly in the offseason. Knock out the top two ILBs for a few weeks. Make 4 other defenders questionable on the injury report. No matter what you start with, the result isn't going to look good.

based on your signature picture do you think we'll see Tarp get significant snaps Sunday night??? we have no choice at this point I guess

At this point, is it really plausible that Fletcher is suffering from a thumb injury?

You have a point with the IR's (albeit none are great players to begin with)... but the cuts, that was all BB as well.

Belichick didn't choose for Sanders, Meriweather, Bodden, and Haynesworth to be worse than expected. They all were. Two are getting minimal snaps on teams with safety positions in just as bad of shape as the Pats, one is out for the season with injury, and Haynesworth stayed around exactly as long as his reasonable effort did.

based on your signature picture do you think we'll see Tarp get significant snaps Sunday night??? we have no choice at this point I guess

He's clearly behind both Guyton and White. If Guyton or Mayo is out... then quite possibly. Otherwise, no.

You have Dowling penciled in as a starting CB on this team? Even if he was 100% healthy, I doubt that he would be starting. And cutting 2 of the top 3 safeties was Belichick's choice, and one that I still maintain didn't need to be made.

I'd doubt it, if for no other reason than his size.

Last edited:
Belichick didn't choose for Sanders, Meriweather, Bodden, and Haynesworth to be worse than expected. They all were. Two are getting minimal snaps on teams with safety positions in just as bad of shape as the Pats, one is out for the season with injury, and Haynesworth stayed around exactly as long as his reasonable effort did.

Belichick chose to make those cuts. He doesn't get a pass for any replacements that suck ass.

You have Dowling penciled in as a starting CB on this team? Even if he was 100% healthy, I doubt that he would be starting. And cutting 2 of the top 3 safeties was Belichick's choice, and one that I still maintain didn't need to be made.

He started the only two games he played, over both Bodden and Arrington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents