PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No One Can Help the NFL This Coming Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this prior to the SB and when people were saying the Pats would crush Seattle because they were pissed off. Just because you are pissed off, doesn't mean teams will lie down and let you crush them. Sure the Pats will be on a mission, and BB may have them foaming at the mouth, doesn't mean others teams will be scared or just lie down to be steamrolled.

Remember the Jets last year ? Their one main weakness on defense was their secondary sucked. Well guess what, our secondary sucks. I doubt we steamroll many teams next year. If we score 45 in a game, we may give up 42 in that game.

You exagerate.

The Jets in addition, had no Offense and still don't, even if their skill positions are better. All the evidence we have is that at worst the Pats CBs are mediocre; and the Safeties are slightly above average. That is a far cry from the mediocrity of the 2011 SB team secondary, or even the weakness of the 2007 Superbowl entry.

Plus the Pats Front 7 may be far better than it has been since 2004. Plus the reality is that the secondary as now constituted, is probably above average, behind a well above average Front 7.

Instead of picking a RB off the practice squad or the waiver wire for the Colts game, they should let people from the stands take turns running it. Maybe some children. It will add to the humiliation.

Put out an announcement for the oldest person in attendence without a heart condition. Put some pads on and run him off tackle. Be nothing quite like seeing Stork, Gronk and Fleming road grade in front of some 80 year old mofo carrying the rock for multiple 65 yd TD runs.

Meanwhile after Malcom Brown sacks Luck for his 10th of the day, Irsay will finally have a complete breakdown.

Possibly. I did see a B/r article about the running game making a come back. BB can read the tea leaves. Thats why yo he loaded up on DL and OL. And why 2 backs went in the first round for the first time in years.

How many years? Two?

In 2012, THREE running backs were taken in the first round, so I don't think it's been that long.

I agree with you that it'd be great to see a return to the running game, but I would have to guess that the number of carries would be on pace for most other recent years--barring a significant suspension for the big man, of course.

How many years? Two?

In 2012, THREE running backs were taken in the first round, so I don't think it's been that long.

I agree with you that it'd be great to see a return to the running game, but I would have to guess that the number of carries would be on pace for most other recent years--barring a significant suspension for the big man, of course.

True, but in the NFL that's 3 years. Quite a long time. Thought it was back in '11 or '10. Thanks for the clarification. :)

We have been under the microscope for doing things everyone else does and yet since we are winning we are targeted, that's really it right there in a nutshell.

I think that is exactly it - the league is supposed to be all about parity, yet the NEP have been dominant now for 15 years. That has to sting all the other owners - PARTICULARLY the ones in NY.

Eff that. This isn't Raiders II, it's the New England freakin' Patriots. The "Dark Side" is R. Stokoe Goodell and the NFL front office.

I meant that from the perspective of those outside the Patriots' "Circle of Trust" - anyone of us who supports the team, the owner, the coach, and the QB - is viewed the way that we all used to view the Raiders.

I am an engineer by training (multiple degrees) and have spent a lifetime solving very complex problems in software and business. I am disappointed by the craven stupidity of the masses regarding this whole story. I sat next to an attorney at dinner when this whole thing broke who said (and I sh!t you not), "Don't talk to me about science. They cheated." When I said that there are laws of physics that are irrefutable, I was accused of lording my technical expertise over her and telling her things that she couldn't understand. But she was absolutely certain that it didn't matter. As Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

Instead of picking a RB off the practice squad or the waiver wire for the Colts game, they should let people from the stands take turns running it. Maybe some children. It will add to the humiliation.

If Brady is suspended for the opening night game, I think that the game plan should be very, very simple. Line up in an I formation and have the HB follow the FB through the 2 hole on EVERY play. No variation. Just JG handing of to the half back on every play. Let the defense stuff the box and go three and out each series. Rotate RB on each series so no one back gets too worn down.

Poke the NFL in the eye and make everyone turn off the season opener due to boredom.

When they have the press conference, BB can simply come to the podium and say. "We made a decision to pound it in the two hole. We were on the receiving end on the while ball investigation by the NFL and Ted Wells. Since the league is interested in parity, we fell obligated to reciprocate."

I meant that from the perspective of those outside the Patriots' "Circle of Trust" - anyone of us who supports the team, the owner, the coach, and the QB - is viewed the way that we all used to view the Raiders.

I am an engineer by training (multiple degrees) and have spent a lifetime solving very complex problems in software and business. I am disappointed by the craven stupidity of the masses regarding this whole story. I sat next to an attorney at dinner when this whole thing broke who said (and I sh!t you not), "Don't talk to me about science. They cheated." When I said that there are laws of physics that are irrefutable, I was accused of lording my technical expertise over her and telling her things that she couldn't understand. But she was absolutely certain that it didn't matter. As Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

Being a fan of the Patriots the past few years has really given me a lesson in just how earth shatteringly stupid most of the people in this country are. No critical thinking skills whatsoever. They just regurgitate whatever bs they see from some talking head on tv. Now we have the commissioner using the kangaroo court of public opinion to decide what the punishment should be. It's a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back