PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No decision by Commish yet because....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously they don't offer enough of an advantage to be a violation. At some point you'll have to deal with the fact that the Pats had a decided advantage and thats why they are in this position.

A "decided advantage"? Pray tell, how so?

I think a real commissioner could just say, The Patriots violated the spirit of the law, and therefore this is their punishment. I would accept a one game suspension and a draft pick loss at this point. But the commissioner should also say that the NFL has been remiss in delineating the rules more clearly, which opened them to interpretation. He should then leak word to every NFL team to clam up or else.

Personally, I don't think Gooddell has a handle on any of this. You know why? Because you have Jeff Fischer, a member of the competition committee, making comments. That tells me that the commissioner has lost complete control. This is about the NFL's image, and key players are now way off the reservation.

Gooddell doesn't want the lawyers and security on the sidelines of every game, but the only way to do that is to appease the Patriots in part, by punishing them with something acceptable (I do believe at this point the Patriots would accept something like a 3rd round draft pick loss and a 1 game BB suspension), while also telling the rest of the teams they better start thinking of the good of the NFL. That comment should be pointed at Mangini.

If I were Kraft, Belichick and the Patriots, I would not be satisfied with anything less than total exoneration, publicly, by the commissioner. And an apology. And maybe even compensation like being awarded a draft pick. There was no violation in the Jets game, by the letter of the rules.

Everything done was legal and furthermore above board. The Patriots never tried to hide what they were doing, they did not slink around; so as to to say that what they were doing was perfectly legal in their opinion.

Part of the delay ...

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell flew to Buffalo on Thursday morning to visit with injured Bills tight end Kevin Everett, The Buffalo News reported on its Web site.

"He went to the hospital and visited with him for about 30 to 45 minutes," said Greg Aiello, NFL vice president for public relations, according to the newspaper. "He just wanted to go up and see him."

Goodell returned to the NFL offices in New York after the visit, the newspaper reported.

The league has a real financial genius in Bob Kraft. Under his direction

the NFL would like to be involved world wide. If they really screw the Pats,

it might dampen Kraft's enthusiasm for spreading the NFL word. I'm

sure the Pats will lose a draft pick (or picks) and Belichick and the Pats fined

heavily.

Are you an attorney who works in the Commissioner's office, with access to all files on Bill Belichick? And yup, we understand what your legal and business opinions are, and what they are worth.

If I were Kraft, Belichick and the Patriots, I would not be satisfied with anything less than total exoneration, publicly, by the commissioner. And an apology. And maybe even compensation like being awarded a draft pick. There was no violation in the Jets game, by the letter of the rules.

Everything done was legal and furthermore above board. The Patriots never tried to hide what they were doing, they did not slink around; so as to to say that what they were doing was perfectly legal in their opinion.

If this were true, then there wouldn't be an issue and the Commish would make that clear. Obviously if the Pats lose DP's specifically high DP's, they violated the rules seriously! If what you're saying were fact there's no chance in hell they lose DP's, receive fines, or suspension.

I agree with that. How he'll come up with an appropriate punishment that will satisfy the masses, I am not sure.

Nothing short of a multi-game suspension will satisfy the masses. If that is what he feels is warranted, than so be it. Pees at the Podium will become a national attraction.

Ask the Commish!!

Another dumb answer from our resident mental midget.

Unlike you, the commish, as you so fondly refer to him, did not mention "cheating" or "decided advantage" in his statement.

But then, you've always been good at making things up.

Another dumb answer from our resident mental midget.

Unlike you, the commish, as you so fondly refer to him, did not mention "cheating" or "decided advantage" in his statement.

But then, you've always been good at making things up.

That's why he calls himself "Fell the Pain". He's the same guy who stated in another thread that Athletes get lazy after they win....

uh huh....Tiger, Federer, Pats, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Red Wings, Yankees dynasties in the past 15 yrs were because they all were lazy.

He's a Doofin fan, what do you expect, IQ of 84....he has is openly displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes