PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice Read on Rookie Punter Baringer

Kicking talent is plentiful and easily acquired in free agency like Mr Hangtime from Oklahoma, Michael Turk, with the gorgeous fiancée, Grace Lyons, an OU softball star, and the entertaining YouTube channel.

Dude might just have himself a wonderful nfl career as a punter. He was UNDRAFTED and is a fa pu by the Dolphins.

The Captain Stone approved way to go about acquiring kicking talent. Truly a dime a dozen.

BTW, Turk did more bench presses than that tub of goo Andy Stueber, 25 v. 18. That’s truly disgraceful.

Stueber opted out of doing this at the Combine, because he knew he would suck, but did do it at his Michigan Pro Day. Well, he still sucked.

Last edited:
Although his cannon flips the field, shorts punts to trap the other team close to its goal line is not Bryce Baringer’s forte. His strong leg works against him.

I know what I’m talking about. I’ve seen every one of his punts at Michigan State.

The Rutgers punter, Adam Korsak, on the other hand, does both. He won the Ray Guy Award as the nation’s best punter.

And he wasn’t even drafted.

The supply of kickers and punters far exceeds the demand. WTF, Bill.

Kicking talent is plentiful and easily acquired in free agency like Mr Hangtime from Oklahoma, Michael Turk, with the gorgeous fiancée, Grace Lyons, an OU softball star, and the entertaining YouTube channel.

The Captain Stone approved way to go about acquiring kicking talent. Truly a dime a dozen.

BTW, Turk did more bench presses than that tub of goo Andy Stueber, 25 v. 18. That’s truly disgraceful.

Stueber opted out of doing this at the Combine, because he knew he would suck, but did do it at his Michigan Pro Day. Well, he still sucked.

First you promoted Korsak and then you promoted Turk. Here are the combine results. I can see why you changed from promoting Korsak to Turk, because Korsak obviously sucks (worst of the five) as a NFL punter like I noted to you earlier.

As you can see Baringer was by far the best punter at the Combine in both distance and hangtime. We need a punter and we got the best one. I have no idea why you are upset about using a 6th round pick, 1 out of 12 selections, once every ten years to get a good punter. Really silly argument by you and The Captain.

1685717218140.png
1685717369188.png

Now people are upset about using a 6th rounder on best punter available?

6th rounders rarely even make the roster, but sure let’s be upset about it

yada yada yada peak athletic performance yada yada yada
FxerbgsXsAAPJbk

Now people are upset about using a 6th rounder on best punter available?

6th rounders rarely even make the roster, but sure let’s be upset about it
We all know those that are upset are upset not because they took a punter, but because Bill Belichick is still here. Chess vs Checkers.

He is not a shoo in to make the team. We seem to have a powerful punter already.

Same goes with the rookie kicker. If Folk wants another year, he will be hard to beat.

He is not a shoo in to make the team. We seem to have a powerful punter already.

Same goes with the rookie kicker. If Folk wants another year, he will be hard to beat.
True, but clearly the team felt they needed to address ST. I think it's greater than 50/50 both draft picks make the team.. but we'll see, looking forward to camp!

They are both shoo-ins.

Thanks for pointing out.

Pretty good article about Baringer:

Bryce Baringer proves to be a cut above
I kind of passed over reading when it popped up in the links. But read on your recc. I guess I didn’t know I didn’t know so much about nfl-level punting:

. "One of the unique things about Bryce is he wants to know what's going on around him – his protections, when he has time, where the pressure might be coming from," Els said. He still learning and growing and asking a ton of questions.

Silly me; I just kind of thought a punt is a punt and only focused on if you have enough space to bang it or are trying to pin someone.

so now wondering what is so different on protections etc.

Dude might just have himself a wonderful nfl career as a punter. He was UNDRAFTED and is a fa pu by the Dolphins.

Maybe just me; but that almost 6 sec hang time seemed to come out very low & blockable. Tough to see w/o a formation in front of him.
Also as 1byC said he was 5 of 5 of the NEWBY possibles at the combine. So, ……REALLY???

They had so much faith in him that they drafted a player with 7 times the dead cap?

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back