PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFP: Revised top 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Not a monster shuffle, but a few notable changes.

The National Football Post | NFP Updated Top 100

With the draft just weeks away, I went back to the film room and studied tape to answer lingering questions about the nation’s top prospects. Significant changes can be found at the cornerback, outside linebacker and safety positions in the National Football Post’s latest installment of our top-100 draft board.

Velly interesting.

Interesting indeed! Some position comparisons:

Jarron Gilbert 28, Tyson Jackson 40.

Clay Matthews 15 (!), Connor Barwin 29, Larry English 66, Clint Sintim 85 (below Frantz Joseph!)

This is quite a shakeup.

8. ILB Rey Maualuga, USC - One of the safest players in this year’s draft, he will come in and make an impact inside from day one.

Sorry couldn't resist.

A lot of movement in the binkies, Barwin, Gilbert, Beaty, Sean Smith at 19?
Cushing at 33 - I agree that he would be a good fit inside, would be a steal at 34 (provided he is not a juicer).
Maclin at 22?
Ayers at 13? - Can this guy play OLB? ala Vrabel, Big Willie?

There is reason to believe he could.

Now that is interesting... he is very big but so were Vrabs and #55. Seems like a player on the rise.

Ayers at 13? - Can this guy play OLB? ala Vrabel, Big Willie?

I think he could, but I think he would be even better at SILB. He's very stout against the run and has more quickness than speed off the edge. He's more like Adalius Thomas (though not as fast) than Vrabel. He's played ILB in high school, and while DE was his primary position at Tennessee they've moved him around a lot, including both ILB and DT. He has played in space a fair amount. He's been on my short list for a while.

I think he could, but I think he would be even better at SILB. He's very stout against the run and has more quickness than speed off the edge. He's more like Adalius Thomas (though not as fast) than Vrabel. He's played ILB in high school, and while DE was his primary position at Tennessee they've moved him around a lot, including both ILB and DT. He has played in space a fair amount. He's been on my short list for a while.

Hmm seems interesting that Ayers all of a sudden is starting to get some publicity as the draft approaches (similar to how Mayo shot up at the end). The fact that another Tennessee guy made the transition bodes well.

Where are most mocks having Ayers being selected? Will he likely be there at 23? Seems he could be someone that is under the radar but looks like a smart pick after the fact.

Cushing at 33 - I agree that he would be a good fit inside, would be a steal at 34 (provided he is not a juicer).

Is Cushings the NFL's version of DJ Drew???

Hmm seems interesting that Ayers all of a sudden is starting to get some publicity as the draft approaches (similar to how Mayo shot up at the end). The fact that another Tennessee guy made the transition bodes well.

Where are most mocks having Ayers being selected? Will he likely be there at 23? Seems he could be someone that is under the radar but looks like a smart pick after the fact.

A paraphrase of what I was just thinking, also. Hmmmm.

I'm wondering how many other evaluators are picking up on Frantz Joseph's ascendancy? A week or two ago I was ok with reaching for him with our comp pick in round three and now I'm not convinced he'll be there then.

After watching some youtube clips this afternoon, I'm pretty confident that he's a better prospect than Lauranitis.

Is Cushings the NFL's version of JD Drew???

Lombardi thinks he is overated. He said something like, the next time I see him playing on 3rd down will be the first on NFLN recently. Good LBs of course play on all 3 downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST