PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN: NE vs Ravens AFCCG 2012 8:30pm 1/17/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our ability to collapse the pocket is far better this year. Anderson, albeit quick, seemed to spend too much time faking and was late to the rush and/or tackle party alot...

Dont forget Moulden is gone too and he played some snaps

I watched a good portion of the 1st half. I am even more terrified of the Ravens offense now. I think Flacco will have time to throw this Sunday and that's what scares me. The pass rush is not good right now. Maybe with some selective blitzing they can create enough pressure. We shall see. Flacco looked VERY good in that game last season. He is even better and more experienced now.

Another observation was the Pats being held to 3 field goals and 1 TD in the 1st half after 4 very good drives. If they convert 1 or 2 of those FGs into TDs then they win easily. That of course will be key this Sunday. Even with the Pats improved D I think the Ravens will score and the Pats will need to score to keep the pace. Bet the over in this game.

Is the 2012 offense that much faster than the 2011 offense? They looked pretty quick in game replay last night.

I watched a good portion of the 1st half. I am even more terrified of the Ravens offense now. I think Flacco will have time to throw this Sunday and that's what scares me. The pass rush is not good right now. Maybe with some selective blitzing they can create enough pressure. We shall see. Flacco looked VERY good in that game last season. He is even better and more experienced now.

Another observation was the Pats being held to 3 field goals and 1 TD in the 1st half after 4 very good drives. If they convert 1 or 2 of those FGs into TDs then they win easily. That of course will be key this Sunday. Even with the Pats improved D I think the Ravens will score and the Pats will need to score to keep the pace. Bet the over in this game.

Is the 2012 offense that much faster than the 2011 offense? They looked pretty quick in game replay last night.

Flaccid looked very good and they still lost..

Remeber the slop we had in the secondary last year.

Ihedigo started.
Chung started.
Edelman was the "starting" nickel back.

There goes the Pollard/Gronk injury. I really do not like him!!:mad:

Ok, now that I've seen it again it makes me hate Pollard even more.

He tackled Gronk early in the game, where, after they both hit the ground, he twists Gronks legs further......like he was a freakin gator starting to twist and drown his prey.

Then he does it again a little later to end his season.

He can't get injured enough himself to cause me any pity what so ever.

Ya see that @#*# Pollard yanking at Gronks leg as he's trying to get up? He Definitely is deliberately trying to injure him. :mad:

Exactly. That's why I want to see Pollard get Rudy Tomjanovich'd. He's an *****hole thug who deserves any injury he gets.

Well it was more than one bad decision. He did have another bad pick in the first half so that is 2 right there. And last night seeing how wide open Gronk was for what should have been the first TD showed me another monumental error for Brady. I didn't remember Gronk being THAT open. I'd imagine there were more errors but I wasn't able to watch past the long bomb to Smith after the first Brady pick. I do know that in addition to these we were not good in the red zone, and the two times we did convert were rushing TD's (albeit one being a sneak by Brady). So IMO it was a subpar game especially for Brady's standards. Not complaining or anything because there's no QB I'd rather have but that's how I saw it.

I agree that Flacco's performance was a bit overrated, but again for his standards it was a really good game. And agree with JMD being a huge upgrade over BOB. Although in BOB's defense, that offense was not accustomed to life without Gronk or blessed with extra weapons like Lloyd/Vereen as this year's team is. Nonetheless I'm far more confident in JMD.

I wrote about the other pic. I thought it was a bad throw.

Watching last night told me something very different than what I saw at the game, and what I saw at the game was a receiver breaking away from his coverage. He had a step, and Brady made a bad throw and underthrew it.

There was no one behind our guy. He actually slowed down and hesitated because of Brady's bad throw. That's how the coverage caught up.

I wrote about the other pic. I thought it was a bad throw.

Watching last night told me something very different than what I saw at the game, and what I saw at the game was a receiver breaking away from his coverage. He had a step, and Brady made a bad throw and underthrew it.

There was no one behind our guy. He actually slowed down and hesitated because of Brady's bad throw. That's how the coverage caught up.

That's right - that throw was all on Brady. Slater had a step for an easy TD

BTW-Edelman got roasted by mediots for his coverage on Boldin on that last drive. I think they and most of us have conveniently forgotten that THAT last drive was about the only time Boldin was effective. IIRC he got more than half his total receiving yardage that day on that LAST drive. Maybe that was because before that drive Edelman was covering him well.

Just finished rewatching it. The defense really needs to play better this year. They only gave up 20 points, but it was the bad kind of 20 point games. They were adequate on offense last year, but made too many mistakes. Green-Ellis played well for most of the game, but his last run was feeble. I forgot about Woodhead coughing it up on a kick return, that was fairly big as well.

Basically my takeaway was that if we can avoid turnovers, it should be a comfortable win (Of course, that's about as useful as saying we should consider "playing well", or "scoring more points than the opponent").

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News