PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN morons: Patriots will "take a step back" this season

Dues, dosen't insult people.calling Deus "Dues" IS an insult. However, he makes very sound and informative posts. he makes all kinds of posts, some factual, some opinion In the Process...capital P?? is this meant to signify a really really important process?, Dues calls people out on their BOLOGNA/DOUBLE STANDARDSthe only bologna in this thread is the catwurst you're stepping on and gets them in line.coincidentally...YOU are in line...yeah...it's a short one too...it's the one marked Space Shuttle To Planet Moron- Gate C

Please everybody...please don't call the ASPCA on me...I'm just joking...you know???

Deus, doesn't insult people. However, What he does is make very sound and informative posts. In the Process, calling people out on their BOLOGNA/DOUBLE STANDARDS and getting them in line.

d%#*!@t, why don't we have a vomit smilie? Aw heck, I guess this'll have to do:

Attachments

• pukeDog.jpg
    pukeDog.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 43
Thank you. And no more presumptive than "expert" declarations that the Patriots will "take a step back" this season.

Tune, the guys were asked their opinions. Opinions can change. AS OF NOW, that is what they believe. Why ? I'd say it's largely based on what Deus has said along with what I wrote about.

After the 1st preseason game, they might very well change their minds.

A great example would be Heath Evans talking about the Jets QB situation. Check out this vid Which New York Jets quarterback will start Week 1? - NFL Videos

Gist of it is that last week, based on all sorts of very rational reasons, he thought Mark Sanchez would be the week 1 starter. Since that time, he's taken more looks at Geno and has changed his mind.

Right now, the "experts" are looking at a slice in time and making a static observation about a fluid situation.

On TV, they don't take the time to explain that or preface their comments by saying "ok, this is what I think based on what I know right now, but I reserve the right to change my mind when I have more information".

Please everybody...please don't call the ASPCA on me...I'm just joking...you know???

So are you now trying to insilt me or just making a "joke"

So I made a typo and corrected it. My point is Joker that these attacks on Deus are silly. He doesn't insult people.

From someone who doesnt post much but reads everything..

Compare your posts with Tunes', though, and you'll find a world of difference. As I've said, it may be that the Patriots don't take a step back. I certainly think the defense should be better than last year if McCourty and the top 3 CBs can stay healthy. That doesn't mean that those who think there will be a fall back are morons or being unreasonable. Last year's team put up the 3rd highest scoring total in NFL history. Even if the same offense had returned, it wouldn't have been unreasonable to look for a drop off. There are plenty of legitimate reasons for thinking the Patriots could/will fall back some.

This is why you are a great poster.

Your first post was firing off insults and your second one was a shot at a fellow poster, so you've got no high ground there. As for the rest, as I said, you've gone full Ray Ray19.

It is what it is.

This is why you arent a great poster.

This site needs more contributors like Manx, Mayo Clinic (wherever he is), along with quite a few others.

*EDIT: not to just call DI out, every thread ends in a ****storm.

I think Kraft is firing Bill Belechick....but if he stays as coach I'll support him. Anybody got any stale Friskies???

Thats' nice. So you have graduated to the 2nd string quarterback of the Patriots? LOL....BTW - it is spelled Mallett. Not Mallet.

That's the best you can come up with ?

/headshake.

Ok - since we are here talking about opinions, how about an opinion on the Patriots from two of the longest standing fans of the New England Patriots, demosthenes and Christiancat.

Come on boys, tell us what you think about the prospects of this years' New England Patriots, based on who you think is going to make the 53-man roster.

I am sure that we are very interested in what you think about this years' team.

I have to agree with DI's basic proposition. While I believe this team will win 11+ games this season, I'm not upset with anyone who looks at the Pats and thinks they will take a "step back". Remember these guys have to speculate on 32 teams. They just look at the obvious. You cannot deny the loss of offensive production from Hernandez, Welker, and Woodhead, plus the uncertain return of Gronk. If any other team lost what amounts to 85% of their receiver production, we'd expect to see them "take a step back". So why should we begrudge these gusys just because its the Pats.

Here's what they don't see.

1. An OL that could be the best in the league

2. A running game that could be a top 5 unit.

3. A QB who has a history of making EVERY WR he plays with productive

4. An OC who is one of the top offensive minds in the league

5. An ever improving defense who will be in position to carry a very young offense early in the season.

While the Division is still weak, its not as weak as many think. Both the Dolphins and Bills front line talent that is easily as good as the Pats. But both still suffer when you compare the QB's play and overall depth. The Jets will just simply suck this year and have no redeeming qualities other than an entertaining HC

The Pats schedule outside the division is more difficult than last season, IMHO But 11 wins looks doable.

Bottom Line: If you are looking at the Pats superficially, you would HAVE to conclude they are going to take a "step back". If you know the team as well as we do, you are probably confident that this "superficial view" is merely false hope for those teams and their supporters who have been "oppressed" by the Pats for the last decade. ;)
That's something that I find increasingly glossed over by the so called experts ken. Given the Patriots have cut their teeth offensively (since 2007), there's a conception that it would be impossible for the Patriots D to improve. Since BB pensioned off the veterans, they've slowly improved year by year. At some point, the D is going to make a major improvement, especially if they can remain healthy.

I think Kraft is firing Bill Belechick....but if he stays as coach I'll support him. Anybody got any stale Friskies???

So instead of telling me how Deus insults posters. You proceed to insult me and mock me. Am I mistaken?

So instead of telling me how Deus insults posters. You proceed to insult me and mock me. Am I mistaken?

Come on Christiancat - what do you see this Patriots team doing this year? We really want to know.

Your first post was firing off insults and your second one was a shot at a fellow poster, so you've got no high ground there. As for the rest, as I said, you've gone full Ray Ray19.

It is what it is.
:blahblah:

My first post took issue with NFLN "experts." My second asked a poster if he worked for NFLN. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking as we await your rebuttal of my WR/TE analysis with SPECIFICS. Tick ... tick ... tick ... :yawn:

Anyways Joker, I am not sure what your issue is. I don't mind jokes or rational arguments. However, there is NO need to insult other posters in the process of your arguments. One thing about me though is if I do make any comment I do so without reverting to insults.

h1590AB6D

Anyways Joker, I am not sure what your issue is. I don't mind jokes or rational arguments. However, there is NO need to insult other posters in the process of your arguments. One thing about me though is if I do make any comment I do so with reverting to insults.

yes..I agree...you do

The point is that you have nearly 200 posts on the website and we would really like to know what you think about this years' New England Patriots.

Why don't you answer your own question. I am here to support the Pats not be tested about them.

One thing about me though is if I do make any comment I do so with reverting to insults.

I think this may be my new tag line....yea or nay??

Why don't you answer your own question. I am here to support the Pats not be tested about them.

Oh - I see. Hey Christiancat - if Deus Irae makes comments about the New England Patriots that you agree with and yet don't make comments about this years' team, then is it fair to say that you and Deus share the same opinion about this years' team? The fact remains that you probably have not made more than a dozen comments about the New England Patriots unrelated to two topics - a JAG who may not make the final 53 and your view of who is insulting who.

I am sure that there are plenty of posters on this website that would really like to know what your thoughts are regarding this years' team. There are a great many ways to support the team. What you have been posting on the website is someone who supports the team without any knowledge about the team, from my view.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back