PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Suspension and Boycott begins at my house

Status
Not open for further replies.

I actually came home from work, got really drunk (had a bad day), and passed out. I didn't even have a chance to feel any temptation to watch, because it was 4am when I woke up. So... mission accomplished.

But I hate Broncos, so missing their games is like missing an evil boss's funeral. You don't give a ****. The real challenge is Sunday. Let's get it. #****YouGoodell
...the donkeys still have a team? I didn't notice.

...the donkeys still have a team? I didn't notice.

Ya know, out of all the nicknames for that team, I think I like Bronhos and Mile High Little Ponies the best. Donkeys is too good for them.

Ya know, out of all the nicknames for that team, I think I like Bronhos and Mile High Little Ponies the best. Donkeys is too good for them.
I did not mean to insult asses.

Not like there aren't literally a million other painfully obvious reasons for us to restore our real logo and uni's, but that franchise wrecked theirs too (coinciding exactly with their real cheating which led to two fake titles).

Well in case anyone cares, I logged 0:00 in NFL football this weekend and spent all of my time with my family...until tonight when I tuned in during the fourth quarter because the thought of Roger Goodell squirming, Jim Irsay's face turning beet red, and every scum bag who has caused me to feel bad over the last eighteen months, the thought of missing out on their miserable moment of watching the 10.5 point dog Patriots win this game was just too much to pass on, and I've said before, I won't punish myself either. I'm glad I watched the end of the game and most certainly do not feel guilty. Next three weeks will be the same thing. I am not scheduling around Patriots games and prioritizing it over family or work, but I'm also not going to watch the Kardashians with my wife if that's the only other option. Skipping all of the other games felt great, and it's something I plan to do going forward. Even skipping most of the game tonight felt good in many ways, just knowing I have a choice. I read stories to my five year old knowing the game was on and didn't tune in until she was asleep. This differs so much from my typical insane Patriots real-time impulses.

Illegal Contact was partly right insisting I would watch. Oh well, at least I'll be honest. I'm human. I feel I would have regretted not savoring this one. Amazing win by the team tonight. Grateful in so many ways for this feeling.

Ok, pass the crow - on many levels....

Well in case anyone cares, I logged 0:00 in NFL football this weekend and spent all of my time with my family...until tonight when I tuned in during the fourth quarter because the thought of Roger Goodell squirming, Jim Irsay's face turning beet red, and every scum bag who has caused me to feel bad over the last eighteen months, the thought of missing out on their miserable moment of watching the 10.5 point dog Patriots win this game was just too much to pass on, and I've said before, I won't punish myself either. I'm glad I watched the end of the game and most certainly do not feel guilty. Next three weeks will be the same thing. I am not scheduling around Patriots games and prioritizing it over family or work, but I'm also not going to watch the Kardashians with my wife if that's the only other option. Skipping all of the other games felt great, and it's something I plan to do going forward. Even skipping most of the game tonight felt good in many ways, just knowing I have a choice. I read stories to my five year old knowing the game was on and didn't tune in until she was asleep. This differs so much from my typical insane Patriots real-time impulses.

Illegal Contact was partly right insisting I would watch. Oh well, at least I'll be honest. I'm human. I feel I would have regretted not savoring this one. Amazing win by the team tonight. Grateful in so many ways for this feeling.

I managed to not watch any of the games today, but I did google the box score to see if we'd won or not. I thought we would've gotten blown out, so a W is surprising. Gotta say, this was a tough day, because people at work would not shut up about football, and when I went to the breakroom they had on one of those pregame shows. The rest of my day was spent watching **** on youtube.

I'm glad you watched......you should watch your team....they're awesome....

I'm glad you came inside

200_s.gif

Next week, you'll watch the entire second half. The week after that? Quarters 2-4 (and OT, if necessary). The week after that? The entire game. ;)

Also, for anyone that cares, ReverendMaynard PM'd me and told me, personally, that he watched the entire game and also caught a LOT of other games this past weekend. He also told me that he went back and watched some games from last season too.

I started off my last week of vacation by watching Chiefs-Chargers, Pack-Bux, Boys-Midgets, and Pats-Cards. I do not have NFLN*, nor did I tune into BSPN* for pre-game coverage. The only pre-game shows I watch are on Fox and CBS. Apart from picking up Madden 17 and the game's guide, I don't plan on spending one dime on NFL* merchandise either. While I'm not ready to go cold turkey on anything affiliated with the league, I have scaled back and embrace much of the philosophy of the opening poster.

Slow clap. :) Well played, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference