PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be punished but that is way to much. a 5th at most. The NFL really has an issue with over punishments.

They only have a problem with over the top punishments on specific teams that fit Park Avenue agendas

This NFL free agency is a good example to show how if you increase the quantity of money (Salary cap), it does not translate to more quality of life (Or in this case more players or better ones), just an inflation of the market (mediocre players getting big contracts)

Last edited:
Vikings sign G Alex Boone (4 years, $26.8M; $10M guaranteed): A Grade
Read more at 2016 NFL Free Agent Grades: WalterFootball.com

Well, ****. This is a hell of signing for the Vikings. Boone is a great guard coming of a down year. I would take that deal in a heartbeat for the pats

It's an extreme exaggeration. Take care of my family. You get 30 million dollars today, right now, you are set for life and your kids lives and your kids kids live etc etc.

Hell you are set at 10 million. Not saying players should go for every last dime. That's their right. Just saying the ones that don't, they get it. The ones that do, don't.
So Ty Law and Logan Mankins (among many) didn't get it?

So Ty Law and Logan Mankins (among many) didn't get it?

Law spent some time in NY didn't he? And was Mankins here for the SB? So yeah they didn't get it.

That's more like it. Makes the Sanu trip a ehh now If they get Matthews
Gonna be cautiously optimistic here, but I really think he could be the steal of the whole FA class if he lands here. I think, unlike Sanu, he has a chance to go beyond being decent, but very good.

they'll bring in some WR and TE but since no sure deals are available
they might be just looking if they can put bringing back Hicks in the equation as well

It's an extreme exaggeration. Take care of my family. You get 30 million dollars today, right now, you are set for life and your kids lives and your kids kids live etc etc.

Hell you are set at 10 million. Not saying players should go for every last dime. That's their right. Just saying the ones that don't, they get it. The ones that do, don't.

If I gave you 30 million right now, you'd "get" about 18, depending on what state you live in/work in (sometimes less). That's not counting what you'll pay your agent, managers, flunkies, etc.. Like I said, the players (most) understand that it's a business first.

Even with that stacked defense (now much weaker), it took a ridiculous amount of things to go right for them.

Yeah I mean they were literally a loss or two away from not even making the playoffs... The fact that they got the #1 seed and won it all was incredible. That team was the definition of "team of destiny".

The loss of Jackson and Travethan will hurt. It will hurt even more not having a QB like Osweiler or Manning, who knows the system and can steer the ship.

They won't be able to have zero offensive production and have a winning record two years in a row. I can pretty much guarantee that.

Anyone hear of Jeff Howe saying earlier that the "Patriots are done in FA?" I was going through a list of tumors and his name was attached to that quote earlier today. Was wondering if this thread mentioned that at any point.

I'd be super happy about this. Nervous about the potential $ though. Hopefully no more than $6m

If 43 catches for 662 yds is $6m/yr then this is sheer madness.

With that said, its the 2016 FA market.

Anyone hear of Jeff Howe saying earlier that the "Patriots are done in FA?" I was going through a list of tumors and his name was attached to that quote earlier today. Was wondering if this thread mentioned that at any point.

Tumors?

He tweeted it about 4 hours ago. He was being a wisea**.

He was being sarcastic because every single pats fan was tweeting him "this team doesn't pay" "we never do anything"

If i am bored i go on and give examples as to why they pats aren't cheap and they just usually shut up after that

FA always gets Pats fans butthurt for some reason

Dan Roche doesn't seem as convinced on Twitter as Giardi about Rishard Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes