PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brock leaving Denver aka Kap in Denver now? HAHA

What an idiot. "I want to play for a contender" my ass.

As much as we laugh, the Jets were in the playoff hunt until week 17 last year. Yes, Geno may wind up being their QB next year and they may lose other key pieces, but that's not how a lot of these guys think. They see Jets, nearly made playoffs last year, adding me will put them over the top.

Morris has been getting worse every year, don't want anything to do with him.
he is still better then blount IMO and the pats may be able to get him on a 1 or 2 year deal at 2 or 3 million i just dont see the pats spending the 5 million plus it will take to sign one of the top FA running backs and they pick to low in the Draft to get one of the only 2 maybe 3 good RB's in the Draft

I bet Os gets 19.5M a year and Houston will be like "we didn't pay him 20 so it is okay!"

LOL at the Donks being stuck with Kap at best. All that luck had to run out eventually

If their defense is as good as last years, they could still make the playoffs with a statue of Manning at QB.

Have to wonder whether Osweiler to Houston is solely a money issue or whether his benching in favour of the corpse of Manning against San Diego has something to do with it.

Falcons offering Sanu 7 million a year hahahaha I'm done.

Get Weddle to come here. He wants to play here. Pray a rookie and a JAG can make an impact at WR.

7 million a year for the Bengals third WR.

Yeah, they can have Sanu regardless of what the contract terms are. $7M per is ridiculous. Get Kearse and Boldin and bring in Weddle on defense and call it a day.

Forte really wants to win huh

Eh, no need to pile on the guy just because a lot of fans had unreasonable expectations that he'd price himself down into the Patriots' range. The Jets are a pseudo-contender (which is a huge step up from the Bears) and they probably offered him a lot more than the Pats did.

Maybe it stings less for me because I wasn't all that bullish on him to begin with, but this is no great loss IMO. I'm a-okay with the Pats sitting out this opening flurry of RBs getting $5M+ per year. There will be quality players left for cheap later, we are talking about RBs after all. I'd rather the Pats focus their efforts on WRs, since a capable WR is harder to find and more valuable in today's NFL.

He must know something about their QB situation that we don't. They were 10-6 so I don't think it totally goes against him saying he wanted to win.

Surprising for a few reasons, I remember him being one of the players who called out Brandon Marshall for being a locker room cancer in Chicago.

The Jets are solid, assuming Fitz returns and plays well at QB. Not a bad move by Forte at all.

Yeah, they can have Sanu regardless of what the contract terms are. $7M per is ridiculous. Get Kearse and Boldin and bring in Weddle on defense and call it a day.

Rishard Matthews is still my preferred WR, but I'd be a big fan of Kearse or Boldin to. Would much rather pay any of them than give Sanu or Marvin Jones the money they're getting.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
If their defense is as good as last years, they could still make the playoffs with a statue of Manning at QB.
They already lost two LBs and Malik Jackson. Doubtful that they can be as good as last season.

The Jets? The JETS? Yeah "will take less to play for a contender" my ass. He just signed with a perennial loser franchise who haven't made the playoffs in years and whose current starting QB is Geno Smith.

Eh, no need to pile on the guy just because a lot of fans had unreasonable expectations that he'd price himself down into the Patriots' range. Maybe it stings less for me because I wasn't all that bullish on him to begin with, but this is no great loss IMO. I'm a-okay with the Pats sitting out this opening flurry of RBs getting $5M+ per year. There will be quality players left for cheap later, we are talking about RBs after all.

Bingo. Same successful procedure as every year.

But by all means everyone who is pissed about a lack of "splashy signings" go cheer for the Dolphins.

Wasn't as crazy about Forte as some were. Looks like it's CJ Anderson or maybe Morris if they want a vet RB. Would be very happy with CJA and Kearse.

Wonder if they'd take a flyer on Lamar Miller @ 5/30.

Texans have made their QB mistake, and they are now trying to add Lamar Miller to the mix. O'Brien had better make sure he's got one hell of an offensive line in place.

Sign Hoyer? Trade Garoppolo to Browns for a 3rd + Gordon? :D

Interesting wrinkle w/ Osweiler signing in Houston: Hoyer is probably available now. If the Pats were to trade Garoppolo, I bet they could reasonably replace him with Hoyer for cheap.

Rishard Matthews is still my preferred WR, but I'd be a big fan of Kearse or Boldin to. Would much rather pay any of them than give Sanu or Marvin Jones the money they're getting.

Would love Matthews but if Sanu and Jones get 7m+ in addition to a better depth chart position then I am not sure we will have a shot at landing him.

Not sure why you refer to Loyko as "that Loyko guy". He is a well known and solid Beat writer with an emphasis on draft.

Also the $ range makes absolute sense as we are looking for a 3rd/4th option (behind Edelman, Gronk and sometimes behind Dion Lewis) and nothing more.
Thanks Mike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back