PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to hear Knighton is in town, but regarding Fairley, why the hell would you sign a 1 year deal in New Orleans? Their defense has been awful for years and Hicks, the guy he's essentially replacing, had to get traded away from there (to here) before he looked good again and got paid. What the hell about New Orleans screamed to Knighton "Prove-it deal, baby!"?
Probably more money.

Probably more money.
For one year, maybe. But the deal after that year should've been the ultimate goal, you would think...
More playing time than he'd probably get here.
What good is more playing time when you're playing on a terrible defense that is getting burned all the time? Hicks had a rotational role here, he still got a big pay day.

My guess more snaps to pad up his stats.
As well as South living which living in the East I prefer.

For one year, maybe. But the deal after that year should've been the ultimate goal, you would think...

What good is more playing time when you're playing on a terrible defense that is getting burned all the time? Hicks had a rotational role here, he still got a big pay day.

Maybe he just wants to play and get more reps.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Arian Foster (Achilles') will visit the Dolphins on Tuesday.

Had a feeling fins were gonna strike first

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Arian Foster (Achilles') will visit the Dolphins on Tuesday.

Had a feeling fins were gonna strike first

I don't understand the desire of some to pursue Foster.

Injuries are starting to pile up and he hasn't been anything special for a while.

He is done IMO and not worth the effort.

I don't understand the desire of some to pursue Foster.

Injuries are starting to pile up and he hasn't been anything special for a while.

He is done IMO and not worth the effort.

Still think he would be valuable to us, he doesnt need to be a superstar like houston needed him to be. We dont need him to carry the ball 20 plus times.

Still think he would be valuable to us, he doesnt need to be a superstar like houston needed him to be. We dont need him to carry the ball 20 plus times.

RB coming off an Achilles injury, and already having a lot of miles on his wheels, isn't normally a candidate for success.

Last edited:
Isn't he another one of these frauds that said he wants win?

I think at this point he should be in "I just want to make an NFL roster" territory.

CB Brandon Boykin to sign one-year deal with Panthers:

Brandon Boykin - Carolina Panthers - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Too bad; I had wished that Bill would've persuaded his pal Chip Kelly to trade him to us last season
instead of to PitsDirt. He would've nailed-down the Slot CB position with Butler & Ryan on the outside.
Terms of the contract are as yet unknown, but I bet it wasn't a bank-buster. Boykin also would've provided Returner experience.

CB Brandon Boykin to sign one-year deal with Panthers:

Brandon Boykin - Carolina Panthers - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Too bad; I had wished that Bill would've persuaded his pal Chip Kelly to trade him to us last season
instead of to PitsDirt. He would've nailed-down the Slot CB position with Butler & Ryan on the outside.
Terms of the contract are as yet unknown, but I bet it wasn't a bank-buster. Boykin also would've provided Returner experience.
Didn't Boykin sit the bench all season behind a terrible Pitt secondary? I could be mistaken.

Everyone was questioning why Boykin(including Boykin himself) was on the bench behind that terrible Pitt Secondary.

Didn't Boykin sit the bench all season behind a terrible Pitt secondary? I could be mistaken.

Yep only 24% snaps played, the least amount of any CB on pitt.

Last edited:
Free agent RB Stevan Ridley will visit the Lions on Tuesday.

Ian rap

Free agent Anquan Boldin is visiting the Redskins on Tuesday.

Mike jones

Not sure where Rapaport is getting that info, or whether or not he's right, but all other accounts have Foster not being able to pass a physical for another 6-8 weeks at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back