PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn;t the last game in PIT that absolute pounding we put on them? MNF i think?

Except I never said it wouldn't make a difference, so I have no clue what you're trying to get it. But that's all besides the point...

The question was whether or not the Steelers have improved their team this offseason. They have not.

Telling me they get Bell back doesn't change the fact that they have a weaker team than they had at the start of last season, when they had Bell anyway.

You posted this nonsense:

An injured player returning has zero to do whether or not they've improved their team this offseason. Fact is that they have not.

The player coming back is an improvement. You wouldn't be playing the fool on this if the Patriots had lost Brady after week 6, because you'd be leading the charge of the "The Patriots have improved this offseason just by getting Brady back" brigade. Why you choose to dismiss such cases because people are talking about it regarding Bell is something for you to ponder on your own.

After all, you're holding Bryant's suspension against the state of the Steelers team.

You posted this nonsense:

The player coming back is an improvement. You wouldn't be playing the fool on this if the Patriots had lost Brady after week 6, because you'd be leading the charge of the "The Patriots have improved this offseason just by getting Brady back" brigade. Why you choose to dismiss such cases because people are talking about it regarding Bell is something for you to ponder on your own.

After all, you're holding Bryant's suspension against the state of the Steelers team.

Once again Deus, since your reading comprehension is still as bad as ever:

The question at hand was: WHETHER OR NOT THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS HAVE IMPROVED THEIR TEAM THIS OFFSEASON

The answer is: THEY HAVE NOT. THEY'VE LOST A TON OF KEY PIECES AND THEY'VE EITHER NOT REPLACED THEM OR FILLED THEM IN WITH LESSER PLAYERS

Le'Veon Bell coming back does not have ANYTHING to do with the transactions the Steelers have made or not made this offseason, just like Dion Lewis' return has ZERO to do with the transactions the Patriots have made or not this offseason.

The Bryant suspension should, can and will be held against the Steelers because they LOST him as a player for the entire season. He's NOT playing. What kind of nonsense is that to tell me? Are we supposed to ignore that? That's a nonsense comment, even from you....

All together now, since apparently you couldn't bother reading a comment of mine that you went ahead and responded to, so here, I'll post this once again for you:
If the Patriots stood pat, lost a ton of starters and did nothing, just like the Steelers have, you wouldn't hear fans saying we've "improved" just because we get Lewis, Solder, Devlin, Easley, etc. back.

They lost their starting WR2, TE, 2 CBs, SS and OT. They've done anything but improve.

Keep beating the dead horse though.........

Last edited:
Wasn;t the last game in PIT that absolute pounding we put on them? MNF i think?

You're thinking of the 2010 game on SNF. That was basically Gronk's "coming out" game. I believe he scored 3 touchdowns.

They played again @PIT the next year in 2011 where the Pats lost and the game was never particularly that close, so that's technically the last game in Pittsburgh.

You're thinking of the 2010 game on SNF. That was basically Gronk's "coming out" game. I believe he scored 3 touchdowns.

They played again @PIT the next year in 2011 where the Pats lost and the game was never particularly that close, so that's technically the last game in Pittsburgh.

I believe he's thinking of the 4:15 PM game in New England in 2013 where the Pats spanked them.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers are "set to sign" free agent TE Jared Cook.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers are "set to sign" free agent TE Jared Cook.
Who's better, him or Bennett? Cook is faster and makes more explosive plays down the field but Bennett is stronger/a better blocker and has better hands.

Who's better, him or Bennett? Cook is faster and makes more explosive plays down the field but Bennett is stronger/a better blocker and has better hands.

The packers wanted bennett. That should tell you everything.

Bennett is better and it's not even remotely close.

Bennett is better and it's not even remotely close.

Even mike mccarthy said he has no clue as how teams will try and stop gronk and bennett.

2. there was one offseason acquisition that caught the eye of Packers coach Mike McCarthy more than any other, it was tight end Martellus Bennett to the Patriots. “I think what New England did with the two tight ends, that’s probably as good as a personnel transaction I’ve seen as far as pure matchup,” he offered last week at the NFL’s annual meeting. “Defensive coordinators, right now are [asking], ‘How do you cover both of those guys? Who’s going to be displaced? Who’s not?’ That’s why the tight end position and the safety position in today’s NFL is a prominent position in my view. … That’s where the matchups are.”

Ex-Patriots assistant Brad Seely: New touchback rule could increase returns

Bennett by far

Pot Roast FTW.

Too bad we lost our first choice to the Aints
Sign the Meat!
This leads me to believe d tackle isnt on our list of top picks available in our draft slots.
If we draft d tackles im guessing they are mid to late rounders

Happy to hear Knighton is in town, but regarding Fairley, why the hell would you sign a 1 year deal in New Orleans? Their defense has been awful for years and Hicks, the guy he's essentially replacing, had to get traded away from there (to here) before he looked good again and got paid. What the hell about New Orleans screamed to Knighton "Prove-it deal, baby!"?

Happy to hear Knighton is in town, but regarding Fairley, why the hell would you sign a 1 year deal in New Orleans? Their defense has been awful for years and Hicks, the guy he's essentially replacing, had to get traded away from there (to here) before he looked good again and got paid. What the hell about New Orleans screamed to Knighton "Prove-it deal, baby!"?

More playing time than he'd probably get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back