PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they get him and that it means something about Jones...

Any team that trades a draft pick (a high one at that) for Jones then turns around and backs up the Brinks truck for him the following year is insane. The GM that does that should be made to undergo a lobotomy. He's not going anywhere. He'll be a Patriot for one more season then he's more than likely gone.

Any team that trades a draft pick (a high one at that) for Jones then turns around and backs up the Brinks truck for him the following year is insane. The GM that does that should be made to undergo a lobotomy. He's not going anywhere. He'll be a Patriot for one more season then he's more than likely gone.

Worked for Seymore. And coincidentally the Raiders have a TON of cap room right now. Seriously, when was the last time the Pats KNEW they were going to let a top player walk the next year and not do something to maximize the asset?

CdSdqCQXEAAMOYT.jpg:large

Translation: Don't laugh at us!

Pats showing interest in Chris Long...!

I get what you're are saying but maybe that GM doesn't want to risk Jones hitting the market and getting him in this year allows him to tag him next year and work out a long term deal if they can't get one done before.

Once again BB is playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers!

2016: The 4 DE Defense. Rushing from all 4 corners! Impossible to run outside all 4 set edges!
You could reasonably play nickel with Long-Jones-Easley-Sheard. Especially with the LBs we have behind them.
We have used the 3 DE sub package mostly for 3rd and long, but could definitely expand it with a group like that.

So...

Bring in Chris Long
Trade C. Jones and JAG to the Browns for Gordon and the Browns' 2nd round pick
Hire 'handler' for Gordon
Sign Hoyer once he gets cut by the Texans

Focus rest of offseason on TE, OL, LB, CB and depth

Call caterers re: 2016-2017 Patriots Super Bowl ring ceremony.

star-trek-make-it-so-450x270.jpg

No thanks to Antwon Blake

Worked for Seymore. And coincidentally the Raiders have a TON of cap room right now. Seriously, when was the last time the Pats KNEW they were going to let a top player walk the next year and not do something to maximize the asset?

That's fine but it takes two to tango and there's a reason why trades with guys who will be impending FA's the year after rarely happen. Seymour was the exception, not the rule.

RG3 scheduled to visit the Jets later today.

Sanchez to the Broncos, RG3 possibly to the Jets. Pinch me, this must be a dream.

The Broncos and Bengals are done as serious contenders.

Pats vs. Steelers. Brown + Bryant could be the best WR duo since Moss/Carter. We have the clear edge on defense.

Please make Kaepernick/Sanchez so!

Chis Long? The Pats are going to extend themselves and outbid everyone for a talented player? I'll believe it when I see it.

his father loves the pats. i hope he pushes that angle with chris.

Allegedly he wants to go to a playoff-caliber team. Which probably means he'll end up signing with the Browns :rolleyes:

Chis Long? The Pats are going to extend themselves and outbid someone for a talented player? I'll believe it when I see it.

It wouldn't be the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes