PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Films guru Greg Cosell compares Dobson to Larry Fitzgerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Cossell thought taylor price reminded him of jerry rice....:rolleyes:

Before anyone posts something to the effect of "LOL he's no Larry Fitzgerald, that's crazy" (because we all know someone will) - go back and read the quote. Saying that a player reminds you of someone else isn't the same as saying you expect him to be as good as that other guy.

Just a pet peeve - I hate how topics like this always get derailed by misunderstandings of the initial claim.

Well, looks like the board behaved well in this regard, but our friends at NFLN are twisting it around for the sake of promoting viewership:

NFL AM ‏@NFL_AM 53m
Coming up: @shalisemyoung w/ the latest on #Patriots. Chemistry between Brady & @DannyAmendola? @aarondobson17 as good as @LarryFitzgerald?
Retweeted by shalise manza young

Kind of cheap. Think I'll give it a miss.

Well, looks like the board behaved well in this regard, but our friends at NFLN are twisting it around for the sake of promoting viewership:

NFL AM ‏@NFL_AM 53m
Coming up: @shalisemyoung w/ the latest on #Patriots. Chemistry between Brady & @DannyAmendola? @aarondobson17 as good as @LarryFitzgerald?
Retweeted by shalise manza young

Kind of cheap. Think I'll give it a miss.

Agreed.

THe leagues official broadcaster spreads more misinformation than all of the other news/sports channels put together.

Its kind of sad that they get involved with this sort of BS.

NFL AM is most definitely Must Not See TV. What a waste of 6 hours, and that includes
whenever AFailus Thomas' girlfriend is interviewed.

If we end up with the next Demaryius Thomas I'd be happy. But you guys need to be patient with the young receivers. Check out Thomas' career track:

s1 283
s2 551
s3 1,434

Demaryius Thomas NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

I'm sure if Dobson only has 300 yards receiving his first year, fans will be screaming 'bust'. But receivers typically take 3 years to develop.

If we end up with the next Demaryius Thomas I'd be happy. But you guys need to be patient with the young receivers. Check out Thomas' career track:

s1 283
s2 551
s3 1,434

Demaryius Thomas NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

I'm sure if Dobson only has 300 yards receiving his first year, fans will be screaming 'bust'. But receivers typically take 3 years to develop.

You're severely underrating the impact Tim Tebow had on Thomas' numbers. He was extremely raw coming out of college, way more so than Dobson, but he's a freak athlete, who could've produced a lot more in his sophmore season had the Broncos had competent QB play.

If that were the case, I'd be happier than a camel on Wednesday.

haha I like this. I shall steal it and give you no credit haha

guy has yet to play a down in the NFL...lets slow it down a bit here

Tell you what...

The next time we need advice from you and the other Zombies from the "Let's Slow It Down" Crew...

...will be the first time.

It's called "Being A Fan/Speculating/Talking About Potential."

Perhaps you should look up the definition of each of those words before ever posting again. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised someone hasn't used the immensely overused, stupid, dumbass "let's not put him in Canton just yet" line by now. :spygate:

What a snappah head line that is to continue to overuse. :beatingcoming:

Personally, I didn't like the Pick at all.

And I consider Cosell both vastly overrated and arrogant.

But there's nothing wrong with getting excited about the guy's Possibilities...which are tremendous. :cool:

let's not put him in Canton just yet...cuz he don't look like no Peking duck to me.....quack...quack quack quack...

oh wait...you mean Canton ,Ohio????

nevermind...

I'm surprised someone hasn't used the immensely overused, stupid, dumbass "let's not put him in Canton just yet" line by now. :spygate:

What a snappah head line that is to continue to overuse. :beatingcoming:

Hah!!

Yeah, that amusing Emoticon you just employed has reminded me ~ for the 4671st time ~ how dramatically different the dynamics would be, here and in every Message Board, if they were somehow magically transformed into a 3 Dimensional, RealTime Aspect: If we were drifting in and out of ~ oh, I don't know ~ a Gentlemen's Club, sipping Whiskey, Cognac, and Coffee by the FirePlace, as we discussed various subjects? Or a Bar, sloshing Flagons of various & sundry Lagers, Ales, Pilsners, and Bochs as we debated the issues?

Some Cats might think twice ~ or once!! ~ before issuing some'f their cataclysmically vapid rhetoric. :eek:

not from me, Grid...what you read is what you get..not that THAT is a good thing...just being honest...I'm as much a run amok rhino with dark shades in real life as I am on any messageboard...I think it's because of my astrological sign.....

psycho....

not from me, Grid...what you read is what you get..not that THAT is a good thing...just being honest...I'm as much a run amok rhino with dark shades in real life as I am on any messageboard...I think it's because of my astrological sign.....

psycho....

Yeah, I think it pretty much goes without saying that my comment was applicable only to those'f us who're burdened with the annoying and cumbersome cloister of Sanity. ;)

Sounds like a great title for my new book...The Cloister Of Sanity...by Pastor Buck..

in fact, that reminds me...the cloister you get , the better I look...for all you ex-nuns out there just tuning in...
a050.gif

Sounds like a great title for my new book...The Cloister Of Sanity...by Pastor Buck..

in fact, that reminds me...the cloister you get , the better I look...for all you ex-nuns out there just tuning in...
a050.gif

What a cloister Phaq! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes